New to all this

I know absolutely nothing about this. I have a medical marijuana card, but all of the Dispensary and menus are very confusing to me. I am an older man, and Blind. Therefore, simplicity is a necessity for me. Due to that and other medical issues, I cannot smoke, edibles make me ill, & I have, after many days of consideration and research, decided to try vaping.
I bought an inexpensive vaporizer pen with a 510 battery, & a cartridge of co2 oil to see how I would react to it. The result was very positive. Now the problem was... There were not many choices in my area of co2 oil. I noticed, during reading some of these forms, but there are vaporizers that will allow you to vaporize flower, Wax, honey oils etc.
I know what flower is, but I have absolutely no clue about the others. I do understand, that it takes a special, or specific vaporizer for the flower, Wax and Center work. My question is... Is there a easy to use vaporizer out there, that I can use to vaporize flowers and the others easily?
I sure hope so, because that seems to be the only doubt I could go with the medicinal value of cannabis. I appreciate any help you may give in advance. Hope to hear from somebody soon... God bless.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using 420

Hi there gramps, glad you found us. I am an old buzzard too and just started "Vapping "
After a lot of research I settled on the Arizer Air unit. Ease of use was the main reason plus it can be used anywhere. They run around $150.
This unit uses dried bud. When I fill it up I can use it a couple of times before refilling which is pretty simple.
The only hangup is they use small indicator lights that let you know when it is up to temp, battery needs charging, , temp settings, etc. Can you distinguish light colors? Are you complete blind, and if so, is there someone that can help you get started? There are many reviews on YouTube, if someone finds them maybe you could listen to them.

Greetings Islander. Thank you for responding and taking time to do so. The unit that you described sounds like it is something that I would be looking for, except for the fact that I am 100% blind, with no sense of life whatsoever. My Wife made able to help me... But she is very seriously technically challenged. So much so in fact, that a lot of times I have to help her with her smartphone when she gets lost or can't figure something out.
This obviously narrows the choices that will work for me. In the limited amount of research that I have been able to do on my phone, it appears that a pen style vaporizer is what I will need. One that can not only vaporized the co2 oil that I have been using, but also Flowers and maybe even some forms of the Wax. Health issues insist that I do not smoke, and edibles and tinctures made me very sick to my stomach. This leaves vaping, using a can you style vaporizer that I can actually operate. This will take the confusion of trying to decipher Dispensary menus trying to determine what a style of concentrate each item ears. It would also give me the flexibility that I need to vaporize flower or concentrate. If you, or anybody else has any suggestions, that would be highly appreciated. Any links to the product or he can be bought, and where it is described, would also be very helpful. Thanks in advance, and thanks again for the your time I'll endure.

Gramps,
I am new to vaping and have only had mine a week or so. I did study them for weeks like you are doing, and finally made a decision.
It doesn't appear that this section gets much traffic so how about copying and pasting your initial post over on the Frequently Asked Questions forum... that is very busy and I am sure someone will be able to point you in the right direction. There's more knowledge here than you can shake a stick at and most are willing to share it.
Here is the link for FAQ's::high-five:
Frequently Asked Questions

Thanks I'll endure. I'll just have to rewrite the question there. Unfortunately, I don't have any idea how to copy and paste using this phone. I'll just rewrite it, and hopefully get some good answers like you have given me. Thanks again... God bless.

Thanks I'll endure. I'll just have to rewrite the question there. Unfortunately, I don't have any idea how to copy and paste using this phone. I'll just rewrite it, and hopefully get some good answers like you have given me. Thanks again... God bless.

Would you like me to ask a moderator to move the thread over there?

Thanks to you as well, super groomer. I'll head over there as I know I'll be getting some help.

I "reported" the thread to the moderators and briefly explained your situation. Hopefully they'll take care of it for you.
Good luck with your search.

*Thumbs Up*

Thanks again, my new friend.

No problem gramps, glad to help. I'll watch your thread for awhile so just give a shout if you need anything. The members here are the best.... Glad you joined us.

I am surprised no one has weighed in on your request gramps. I did a search on Google and saw that someone had recommended the "CRAFTY" to a blind person. The Crafty and Arizer were the two vaporizers that I had it narrowed down to but I chose the Arizer Air because it was $100 cheaper and I didn't really know if I was going to like vaping or not. Do you go to a dispensary to purchase your meds? I think if someone was able to set it up and take 5 minutes to explain it you'd be OK with either one. That wouldn't be asking to much of them in my opinion and would be worth paying a little more than getting the rock bottom price off the internet.

Makes perfect sense to me. All I can do is try, right? I'll give it a shot the next time I talk to one of them. We have over 20 in our area. I'm sure somebody will be able to help out. Great suggestion! My thanks, again! God bless.

My wife uses a Magicflight Launch Box. The magic flight is a box of wood that fits in your hand. It has a plastic cover that spins open and closed over a pit with a screen at the bottom.The cover stays attached to the box. You grind your flowers and place the ground flowers into the pit, filling about half full, then close the cover. On the side of box is a special AA battery. When you press on the battery, electricity flows through the screen and heats the ground flowers. After 2-3 seconds it starts producing vapor. There is a hole on the front of the box where you inhale the vapor while pressing on the battery. When you are done inhaling vapor, you release the battery and a little spring disconnects the electricity.

Once every 2-3 inhales you rock the box to mix which ground flowers are touching the screen inside the box. When the vapor tastes burnt or bad, after 30-40 inhales, you dump out the used flowers and put in new flowers. Once every 3-4 times you change the flowers, before you put in new flowers, you gently brush the screen under the cover to clean it.

The used flowers make excellent cannabis brownies. The flavor is milder than cannabis brownies made with the flowers.

I explained the entire process so you can see there are no buttons except pushing the battery to turn it on. There are no switches to set or adjustments to make. There are no lights you have to see or screens to read. Whether you take one inhale or 12 inhales, you can stop and it can sit for 10 minutes or 10 days and in 2-3 seonds it is ready for the next inhale. My wife has used hers, as well as smoking pipes, for over 2 years.

There are many optional parts. The best one is a power cord which has a battery shaped end that replaces the AA battery so you need not keep track of recharging batteries. A battery is still good if you want to take the Magicflight with you on a trip in the car.

The magicflight comes with a glass straw that fits into the front of the box so you can inhale through a straw rather than a bare hole. You can also buy a 2 foot plastic 'whip' straw to inhale from. Any way works fine.

You can also buy a grinder that fits into the hole in the box with the cover open so you can grind flowers directly into the chamber where the ground flowers are vaporized.

You can buy a lanyard so it hangs from your neck.

The basic battery operated box, with a stem and a cleaning brush costs $120

:welcome:Eyes4grandpa, howdy....I hope you enjoy your time here at 420Magazine and learn a lot.:thumb:

You didn't say if you were looking for a table top or portable vaporizer or what your budget might be.

I primarily have experience with bud vaping, but a few thoughts...

The Volcano Vaporizer is the ultimate table top model. The machine, using presice temperature control and being German made, fills a bag with vapor and you inhale out of the bag. No resistance to inhaling. Big, big plus to this device. No cleaning....way big plus!!! $700 for top of the line, easiest to use.

The G Pro herbal vaporizer by Grenco Science is an easy to use, true portable bud vaporizer. One of very few true portable bud vaporizers. Easy to use and very classy.

Good luck with vaping oil...I tack (CCO) oil, and even chased away my cancer with it, but don't know much about vaping it except that the Volcano does have a dedicated oil 'pad' to use the oil on.

Much higher medical potency tacking oil than vaping it and no 'high' feeling. Consider this method also. Link in my signature.

Peace and Health to you.

:Namaste:
JohnnyOilseed

Thank you for your response, Radogast. That sounds like it's right up my alley. Do you order them online? Can you buy them in a head shop, where do I go to read about them?? You have given me a lot of information, but I would like to actually read the research and the official reviews. Thank you again... It's truly appreciate it. The more choices, the better it is. :)

94xjjohn... thank you so much for the welcome. I'm sure I will learn a lot. Seems to be a very knowledgeable community. Everybody has been so cool since I first posted this.
I initially figured it would be best to have one of the vaporizer pens, or a pin like atomizer. However... It seems that there are other choices as well. It just needs to be easily portable, so that I can possibly keep it in my pocket. As far as cost, I am on Social Security disability... So money is tight. The least expensive, and something that works, the better. Frankly, $150 is probably the max that I can do. And at that... I'm going to have to save.

My wife uses a Magicflight Launch Box. The magic flight is a box of wood that fits in your hand. It has a plastic cover that spins open and closed over a pit with a screen at the bottom.The cover stays attached to the box. You grind your flowers and place the ground flowers into the pit, filling about half full, then close the cover. On the side of box is a special AA battery. When you press on the battery, electricity flows through the screen and heats the ground flowers. After 2-3 seconds it starts producing vapor. There is a hole on the front of the box where you inhale the vapor while pressing on the battery. When you are done inhaling vapor, you release the battery and a little spring disconnects the electricity.

Once every 2-3 inhales you rock the box to mix which ground flowers are touching the screen inside the box. When the vapor tastes burnt or bad, after 30-40 inhales, you dump out the used flowers and put in new flowers. Once every 3-4 times you change the flowers, before you put in new flowers, you gently brush the screen under the cover to clean it.

The used flowers make excellent cannabis brownies. The flavor is milder than cannabis brownies made with the flowers.

I explained the entire process so you can see there are no buttons except pushing the battery to turn it on. There are no switches to set or adjustments to make. There are no lights you have to see or screens to read. Whether you take one inhale or 12 inhales, you can stop and it can sit for 10 minutes or 10 days and in 2-3 seonds it is ready for the next inhale. My wife has used hers, as well as smoking pipes, for over 2 years.

There are many optional parts. The best one is a power cord which has a battery shaped end that replaces the AA battery so you need not keep track of recharging batteries. A battery is still good if you want to take the Magicflight with you on a trip in the car.

The magicflight comes with a glass straw that fits into the front of the box so you can inhale through a straw rather than a bare hole. You can also buy a 2 foot plastic 'whip' straw to inhale from. Any way works fine.

You can also buy a grinder that fits into the hole in the box with the cover open so you can grind flowers directly into the chamber where the ground flowers are vaporized.

You can buy a lanyard so it hangs from your neck.

The basic battery operated box, with a stem and a cleaning brush costs $120

Excellent idea and review Radogast. That breaks it down and gives him just what he needs without the sales pitch. I agree this would be a great unit for gramps.

+reps for your time:bravo:

Back
Top Bottom