Cannabis Oil Users Cafe & Lounge

re: Cannabis Oil Users Cafe & Lounge

I'm glad you clarified it is a factory built distiller. Safety really is the priority when making concentrates.
Most know here that I've made "moonshine"-type liquids. ;)
I've pics posted somewhere of some apple pie & peach I made.
I'm not one of the pretty stupid ones though. There are plenty that make stupid decisions out there.
Making concentrates at home is still a felony in Colorado.

Yeah, making alcohol here is the same...as well as making any concentrate from the plant. Legal to smoke it if you have a card, and grow it...but you can't make a concentrate or butter or any other concentration of the plant.
So idiotic....
Hoping that changes this year.

I had an Uncle who blew up his shed making moonshine with a homemade contraption in Texas. He got out with a few burns. Lucky

Yeah, making alcohol here is the same...as well as making any concentrate from the plant. Legal to smoke it if you have a card, and grow it...but you can't make a concentrate or butter or any other concentration of the plant.
So idiotic....
Hoping that changes this year.

I had an Uncle who blew up his shed making moonshine with a homemade contraption in Texas. He got out with a few burns. Lucky

The laws do come because of the idiots though. I agree.
This state is legal obviously, but recently toughened up on concentrates at home cause of all the "green rush" crowd making awful decisions.... Boom. 2 houses gone.

Hi Mighty Mouse, here's what we have from WildJim who uses it for oil:

You will probably be hard pressed to find any actual instructions from a manufacturer because it's federally illegal to make alcohol unless you have some kind of distillers license.

I know John has received his, he should be posting soon on how it did for him.

Hope this helps a little. :)

Thank you for the information. For safety reasons, I sent for the essential oil distiller as it is lower heat and not vented. I am always concerned with safety, however I do get "spacy" sometimes so it is a good reminder.

Cajun, have you read any articles published by BioChemist Dennis Hill?
I just posted one to my own blog where he discusses how cannabis oil kills cancer cells. You can read it there if you like.
Wondering what your thoughts are on his accuracy?

I got it from cureyourowncancer.org

Okay, let me see if I have this right.
The Magical butter machine now has a video on how to make cannabis oil with it. I used the MB machine to make tincture a couple years ago, a LOT of tincture. LOL I later reduced the tincture into an oil basically following the same process as they did with heating.
The oil came out greenish.

Oil made our way comes out amber and we do the quick wash and freeze the buds etc. to keep plant waxes and such from going into our oil

Now, if the oil I made from the tincture is a dark green...that means I have chlorophyll's from the plant and probably plant waxes, meaning it is not a pure enough oil.

Correct?

The Magical butter machine now has a video on how to make cannabis oil with it. I used the MB machine to make tincture a couple years ago, a LOT of tincture. LOL I later reduced the tincture into an oil basically following the same process as they did with heating.

Oil made our way comes out amber and we do the quick wash and freeze the buds etc. to keep plant waxes and such from going into our oil

Now, if the oil I made from the tincture is a dark green...that means I have chlorophyll's from the plant and probably plant waxes, meaning it is not a pure enough oil.

Correct?

I agree! Green oil means chlorophyll. CCO should be void of chlorophyll and plant waxes.

WJ
:ciao:

What proof do you think 80 proof will become after it is distilled? :Namaste: And can you distill it twice :thedoubletake:

And how are you feeling Sir? :love:

You can send the alcohol through the still as many times as you like, but the distilling forums say that for safety it should never be higher than 80 proof. Having said this, I (we) do send 185-190 proof through when making the oil, but technically that's a bit different (still more dangerous though).

The spirit that comes out at the end will depend on how you run your still - you should be able to turn 80 proof into ~185 proof, but obviously there will be significantly less than what you started out with.

I think some people run their spirit through the still a couple of times to get rid of any off tastes it they're present from the fermenting stage.

Cajun, have you read any articles published by BioChemist Dennis Hill?
I just posted one to my own blog where he discusses how cannabis oil kills cancer cells. You can read it there if you like.
Wondering what your thoughts are on his accuracy?

I got it from cureyourowncancer.org

Yes, I know quite a bit about him. If you go back far enough, you'll see where I recommend reading his story to a member here.

Correct?

Tim & I tried to make CCO with our MBM's for a long time. He even took off the blades to avoid the shoe polish it turns out. Neither one of us were happy with the results.
Tim was approached by "ppl" after his oil making thread, to make a thread on the oil made in the MBM.
You still don't see one do ya? It was never made.

Point blank, the oil is NOT the same. Maybe in the future.

Yes, I know quite a bit about him. If you go back far enough, you'll see where I recommend reading his story to a member here.

Tim & I tried to make CCO with our MBM's for a long time. He even took off the blades to avoid the shoe polish it turns out. Neither one of us were happy with the results.
Tim was approached by "ppl" after his oil making thread, to make a thread on the oil made in the MBM.
You still don't see one do ya? It was never made.

Point blank, the oil is NOT the same. Maybe in the future.

Yep, it's fine for tincture and cannabutter but the oil was not to my liking. Thanks. :) That tincture reduction is how I actually started out using the oil, until Tim taught me how to make the good stuff.

And thanks on the confirmation of the guys' story. I knew I had read that somewhere not too long ago when I ran into it tonight.
There are a lot of amazing stories out there on the Cannabis Oil.

Woo Hoo, the distiller is scheduled delivery out today. :)

I need to make more oil very soon. Mom's supply is dwindling....like it's supposed to.

Mom is doing great on the oil tacking. She is really following instructions and hasn't had any sloppy tacks.
She does NOT get high, she does not get EUPHORIA. She just feels better, which is not euphoria. She's showing more energy, doesn't look depressed...
I have noticed that she no longer gets up from the table holding her stomach, which had become a habit. And she walks without slouching, which was due to the stomach hurting constantly.
I think this is going to be a permanent thing for her, and she believes it too.
I guess it's going to the correct receptors and doing the job just the way it's supposed to. Do I really need the exact scientific process? Nope.
No more than I need to know why and exactly how an aspirin helps heart patients, or how wart removers work.
Proof is in the application and first hand knowledge for me.

I'll leave the scientific tests/studies/documentation to the actual experts in the fields who have studied the brain and how things work on it, with degrees and education to back them up. Someday it will be legal and numerous proper studies will be done and documented making it easier to understand and follow. We won't have to guess on what is accurate or credible pulled off the net. :thumb:

This is really all I need for now, just to help explain to people I might come across at home:

Introduction to the Endocannabinoid System

That comes from NORML's site. It's pretty simple to understand.
I believe I forwarded that to Sue for her blog as well.

There is ample written information on tacking. Are there any video clips or actual tutorials to watch? When I search "tacking" I get stuff about sailboats :)

There is ample written information on tacking. Are there any video clips or actual tutorials to watch? When I search "tacking" I get stuff about sailboats :)

I haven't run across any videos on the tacking. There are some pictures on Tim's (420 Motoco) tacking tutorial thread, those might help ya out.

Wow, you took me back in time with the sailboat thing. LOL

I haven't run across any videos on the tacking. There are some pictures on Tim's (420 Motoco) tacking tutorial thread, those might help ya out.

Wow, you took me back in time with the sailboat thing. LOL

10-4, already saw them.

That would be a good project for someone :)

10-4, already saw them.

That would be a good project for someone :)

Take it on! LOL I had thought about it myself, but I tack on my dentures which is not how most users would do it.
Someday we'll get someone brave enough to do that. ;-) Tim commented once when I mentioned this, that now we just need someone with perfect teeth and smile to make a video.
:):)

Take it on! LOL I had thought about it myself, but I tack on my dentures which is not how most users would do it.
Someday we'll get someone brave enough to do that. ;-) Tim commented once when I mentioned this, that now we just need someone with perfect teeth and smile to make a video.
:):)

Ha ha, you wouldn't want anyone watching me! I need to learn, not teach :thumb:
It would be nice to have a dentist or hygienist get involved. They have some pretty cool cameras now-a-days that can capture digital images, what a perfect set-up that would be.

Just so we are clear here. Tacking a sailboat and tacking CCO are 2 different things. I have not tried a broad reach with my oil yet, although my wife might be willing to give it a try!! :) :peace:

Just so we are clear here. Tacking a sailboat and tacking CCO are 2 different things. I have not tried a broad reach with my oil yet, although my wife might be willing to give it a try!! :) :peace:

Oh, trust me on this (I know this is the internet, you don't know who to trust. LOL) you don't want to hear of my attempts at tacking a sailboat. I am MUCH more successful with the oil. :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom