Cannabis Oil Users Cafe & Lounge

re: Cannabis Oil Users Cafe & Lounge

As much of a problem as it is for me to come up with either EverClear 190, or KleenXtract, I am considering going this route too. Add to that the ability to distill impurities out of our drinking water... helps make the decision. Do you think vinegar will actually cut the CCO smell & taste? The videos seemed to just clean out scale and crap from water, not the oil.

Vinegar is pretty powerful stuff. I run it through my dishwasher every now and then for a good cleaning among other things.
WildJim actually uses the Distiller for both water and oil, so lets' see what he has to say on it when he pops in.

:thumb:

Vinegar is pretty powerful stuff. I run it through my dishwasher every now and then for a good cleaning among other things.
WildJim actually uses the Distiller for both water and oil, so lets' see what he has to say on it when he pops in.

That is great to hear that WildJim uses it for both purposes. I look forward to having him weight in on it.

That is great to hear that WildJim uses it for both purposes. I look forward to having him weight in on it.

Here's what Wild Man Jim told me a couple days ago:

When I distill water, I pour some white distilled vinegar in after the distilling process and let it sit a few hours to clean the yucky stuff out of the distiller.

He might provide more info when he gets around. :)

A couple of still issues then off to talk to Magwa999.

I got my water still delivered on MLK day by UPS!
Rinse out the still, after boiling down the wash, with alcohol an add to decarb cup.
Clean still after distilling water with vinegar.

Back in a bit...
...not there yet.

My links to buy Kleenxtract are dead. Can anyone tell me where to get it?
My link takes me to Squarspace. Trying to find where KleenXtract went through them. No luck yet.

I did Google Kleenxtract, but I must have missed it. Will try again. In a minute.
I tried the Everclear on line but no booze shipped in my state.
Amuhzon has a 950mlbottle by a generic name, Did Kleenxtract dissappear?
Doesn't look good for KleenXtract so far.

If they had Kleenxtract.com the domain does not have a website attached to it.
The only thing I can find is one that is Kleenxtract at a "jimbo.com" address and that does not work correctly. Looks a bit wierd.....I don't know. Don't think I would trust it unless someone knows for sure.
John uses it too, maybe he can provide some info.
Not yet.

HEY!!! YO!!! Johnnyoilseed!!! There's a guy here to see ya!!! :drool::drool::cco::drool::drool:
Thanks. Can I move his post to the tacking thread, somehow?

The suggestion for cleaning the distiller after making essential oils in it, was to clean it with vinegar. Rinse well. There are also youtube videos that do some how-to's on cleaning distillers. Just type in Water Distiller Cleaning. You'll find them. :)
Alcohol flush after oil.
Vinegar flush after water.

As much of a problem as it is for me to come up with either EverClear 190, or KleenXtract, I am considering going this route too. Add to that the ability to distill impurities out of our drinking water... helps make the decision. Do you think vinegar will actually cut the CCO smell & taste? The videos seemed to just clean out scale and crap from water, not the oil.
No, vinegar won't touch the oil residue. Flush with alcohol and add to decarb cup.

Sorry Jim, I couldn't wait...:ciao:

:Namaste:
JohnnyOil-isthickerthanwater-seed

My link takes me to Squarspace. Trying to find where KleenXtract went through them. No luck yet.

Doesn't look good for KleenXtract so far.

Not yet.

Thanks. Can I move his post to the tacking thread, somehow?

Alcohol flush after oil.
Vinegar flush after water.

No, vinegar won't touch the oil residue. Flush with alcohol and add to decarb cup.

Sorry Jim, I couldn't wait...:ciao:

JohnnyOil-isthickerthanwater-seed

Thanks for the reply 94xjjohn

I have spent the last 18 hours trying to find a way to contact KleenXtract... I have had no luck...:thedoubletake: I only got a gallon when I bought it cause I had spent so much money and obviously should have gotten the 5 gallons... Tim told me I would regret it...:straightface: but I was broke at the time and $100 was much easier to do than $300 but now I want to kick myself in the azz... I have sent messages both email and twitter... My second tweet ever...:blushsmile: swore it would never be one but it was an option and I have gotten no response... I'm not sure I'm doing the tweet thing right and don't really know how I would know if they responded... dahhh... but if they answer my email I will let you know.... I did find where I had ordered it through cramazon... but they show it is out of stock.... IDK what is going on but will continue to try and figure it out as I need more now too.... Looks like I may have to invest in the still thingy too... I really didn't want to do that... I just now figured out what I was doing with the stuff I have now...:yikes:.....:circle-of-love:

I am in the same boat!

Coulda, shoulda, ..... you know the rest.

Now I have my fingers crossed for 190 EverClear.

I see 25 amber 6ml oral syringes on fleabay went from $14 to $40.
Looks like the Feds are trying to stop us by making it hard to get our supplies!

The new contest:

Where's KleenXtract?

The winner gets all my best intentions!:hmmmm:

Good Luck!

JohnnyContest

I see 25 amber 6ml oral syringes on fleabay went from $14 to $40.
Looks like the Feds are trying to stop us by making it hard to get our supplies!

The new contest:

Where's KleenXtract?

The winner gets all my best intentions!:hmmmm:

Good Luck!

JohnnyContest

Yesterday I bought 2 bags of 25 from Ahuamazen, the seller knocked $3 off shipping for the second bag so it was $28.96 for #50 of them (6ml Amber.)

I have a question for those of you who have the WATER distiller. After studying up on them a bit it seems that the water model will distill the CCO too. I would really like to filter WATER for my wife... she will not drink our tap water and buys drinking water from the store so this would be perfect for a days supply. I would also like to be able to use it for CCO but I would think the oil would coat the walls of the distiller and throw off a nasty taste when used for water later. Is there a way around this? When doing oil do you think you could put a second pot inside to hold the oil and cannabis so it wouldn't come in contact with the sides? Any ideas? It's hard to tell what might work without one in front of me.
Thanks.

I mentioned it over in the other RSO thread as well... don't drink distilled water on a regular basis. It is not healthy. It will cause minerals to leach out of the body. Get a Reverse Osmosis filter with re-mineralization - I have one of these and it's great.

Also, I have run a couple of batches of oil through my still and have had great results. Collected ~80% of the spirit that would usually have gone to waste (evaporated). It did have a distinct smell afterwards and I'm not sure if this would afftect the taste of future oils, but I'm not too concerned.

Haven't distilled any water after making the oil, but have made 93% alcohol again and it didn't pick up any of the cannabis smell. There wasn't any sticky oil residue on the inside of my still (as far as I could see), but I did clean it with 93% alcohol anyway. My usual cleaning procedure for the still is using bicarb and water, followed by citric acid and water.

I mentioned it over in the other RSO thread as well... don't drink distilled water on a regular basis. It is not healthy. It will cause minerals to leach out of the body. Get a Reverse Osmosis filter with re-mineralization - I have one of these and it's great..
I have a different style of distiller, it wouldn't be suitable for oil, I use it primarily for making water for the garden. But it came with a small one inch filter that you put activated charcoal in and it attaches to the catch jug allowing the freshly distilled water to pass through it to remineralize the water. I only use it when making drinking water and you can see the difference on a aTDS meter.

I wish I had known about CCO when I purchased this distiller as I probably would have gone with the style you folks are getting. Oh well what's one more appliance in the kitchen. :laughtwo:

No matter what you get, make sure it isn't denatured ethanol. That has a poisonous additive, methanol usually. It's best to use Everclear or Spirytus Vodka. You can distill 80 proof vodka or Everclear to get a higher % of alcohol. It could be the answer you need. Just don't distill an amber spirit like whiskey or rum. Make sure it is clear.

WJ
:ciao:

Back
Top Bottom