New to cloning can any one help me with humidity and acclimation?

Fuzzy1981

Hey, i took some clones three days ago and dipped them in clonex and put them into plugs that were sitting in standing water. I found out that this is not good to do. So i just got done dumping the water from the bottom tray and squeezed out a good portion of the excess water in the plugs. I am having a very hard time finding info on how many times a day to mist them. And now that the three days have went by i need to start acclimating them to the air outside of the dome. If anyone has done this before i would appreciate any help i can get on this. This is mostly just a fun experiment, but i would still like to get them to root rather than die due to me not knowing what im doing. Thanks in advance!

Also here is a pic of my set up.
DSC08725.JPG
DSC08726.JPG
DSC08730.JPG

DSC08725.JPG
DSC08726.JPG
DSC08730.JPG
DSC08725.JPG
DSC08726.JPG
DSC08730.JPG
Hello @Fuzzy1981 cute looking girls.
You should give them a good mist twice a day.
After 3 days open vents to get them acclimated.
At that point make sure you have no water in bottom of those trays.
You should see roots in ab 10 days.
Did you ph those rock wool cubes?
Watch that heat pad they can boil babies.
Bill

Hello @Fuzzy1981 cute looking girls.
You should give them a good mist twice a day.
After 3 days open vents to get them acclimated.
At that point make sure you have no water in bottom of those trays.
You should see roots in ab 10 days.
Did you ph those rock wool cubes?
Watch that heat pad they can boil babies.
Bill
Thank you very much for your response, The heat pad isn't plugged in at the moment. The grow tent is in the basement and it stays at a pretty constants 76 degrees. I did p.h. the rock wool cubes with the water that i soaked them in. My question is how long do i leave the vents open on the dome, do i leave them open untill they are ready to be transplanted or do i open them for like 20 minutes the first time and then gradually leave them open for longer amounts of time each day? I have been looking all over for info on the acclimation process and there is suprisingly little out there. Thanks again for your help i really appreciate it!

Thank you very much for your response, The heat pad isn't plugged in at the moment. The grow tent is in the basement and it stays at a pretty constants 76 degrees. I did p.h. the rock wool cubes with the water that i soaked them in. My question is how long do i leave the vents open on the dome, do i leave them open untill they are ready to be transplanted or do i open them for like 20 minutes the first time and then gradually leave them open for longer amounts of time each day? I have been looking all over for info on the acclimation process and there is suprisingly little out there. Thanks again for your help i really appreciate it!
Sorry Fuzzy I should have been more specific.
Leave them open half way on day 3/4.
The next day open them full.
Mist in morning and night.
I usually just leave them open at that point.
But I have read other growers only leave them open for 4 or 5 days.
I find they go soft without air.
Then on about day 10 I take the dome off for 20 minutes.
See how they react. If they didn't mind 20 minutes I go half an hour the next day.
An hour the next day.
Then try two hrs.
Just watch how they react.
If they wilt cover them and go slower.
The point is to get them into fresh air sooner than later.
Just let me know if I left anything out.
I'm getting old, memory isn't the best. Hehe
Bill

Sorry Fuzzy I should have been more specific.
Leave them open half way on day 3/4.
The next day open them full.
Mist in morning and night.
I usually just leave them open at that point.
But I have read other growers only leave them open for 4 or 5 days.
I find they go soft without air.
Then on about day 10 I take the dome off for 20 minutes.
See how they react. If they didn't mind 20 minutes I go half an hour the next day.
An hour the next day.
Then try two hrs.
Just watch how they react.
If they wilt cover them and go slower.
The point is to get them into fresh air sooner than later.
Just let me know if I left anything out.
I'm getting old, memory isn't the best. Hehe
Bill
Thank you very much for the info! i had no idea how to take care of clones and this info will help me keep them alive. I had four plants, three in the grow tent and one outside. The three in the grow tent turned out to all be males. And the one outside hasn't started flowering yet, so i took clones off of the one outside incase it turns out to be a female. I got 79 xmas bud seeds that i had been looking around forever trying to find that i grew them from. I turns out that this type of pot is i guess what you would call endangered? so the seeds are not being sold feminized to help bring it back. So in the off chance that the one outside is a female i'll have some clones of it. Im sure i'll have a few more questions for you of the next few days while im doing this the first time. but i really appreciate you taking the time out to help me with it on my first try.

Thank you very much for the info! i had no idea how to take care of clones and this info will help me keep them alive. I had four plants, three in the grow tent and one outside. The three in the grow tent turned out to all be males. And the one outside hasn't started flowering yet, so i took clones off of the one outside incase it turns out to be a female. I got 79 xmas bud seeds that i had been looking around forever trying to find that i grew them from. I turns out that this type of pot is i guess what you would call endangered? so the seeds are not being sold feminized to help bring it back. So in the off chance that the one outside is a female i'll have some clones of it. Im sure i'll have a few more questions for you of the next few days while im doing this the first time. but i really appreciate you taking the time out to help me with it on my first try.
I told you my memory was bad, your light.
Babies only need minimal light.
A very weak Led or a t5 fluorescent bulb.
This is important.
Too much light will overwhelm them making it hard to root them.
Bill

I told you my memory was bad, your light.
Babies only need minimal light.
A very weak Led or a t5 fluorescent bulb.
This is important.
Too much light will overwhelm them making it hard to root them.
Bill
Well i got them to sprout roots, and im ready to plant them in the next day or so. Im going to use fox farm oceans forest in a fabric pot. Any tips before i plant them, or just stick them in the dirt and then under the 400 watt grow light?

Well i got them to sprout roots, and im ready to plant them in the next day or so. Im going to use fox farm oceans forest in a fabric pot. Any tips before i plant them, or just stick them in the dirt and then under the 400 watt grow light?
Hey Fuzzy, I'd recommend your wait until they are rooted pretty well before id flip on the 400W.
Ffof in fabric pots is great.
Do you put in any amendments.
There is a couple things I use that make roots explode.
Bill

I am planning on using some mycorrhizal but that was about the only thing i could think of to add to the soil. Is there anything else i should be adding? Im still a couple days off from transplanting them. I had the lid off the dome today for about twelve hours and they were looking pretty good still. Im going to try to leave the lid off longer tomorrow maybe the full sixteen hours. How will i know when they no longer need to be in the humidity dome and can be transplanted?

I am planning on using some mycorrhizal but that was about the only thing i could think of to add to the soil. Is there anything else i should be adding? Im still a couple days off from transplanting them. I had the lid off the dome today for about twelve hours and they were looking pretty good still. Im going to try to leave the lid off longer tomorrow maybe the full sixteen hours. How will i know when they no longer need to be in the humidity dome and can be transplanted?
Myc is good. Earth alive is also beneficial.
I also use Bokashi and Frass & Dazzle fantastic for roots.
You can tell by looking at the leaves ,if they don't wilt then they are able to uptake enough moisture and hold up on their own.
If they droop then they still need a little help.
Bill

Myc is good. Earth alive is also beneficial.
I also use Bokashi and Frass & Dazzle fantastic for roots.
You can tell by looking at the leaves ,if they don't wilt then they are able to uptake enough moisture and hold up on their own.
If they droop then they still need a little help.
Bill
well they have greened right up and started to grow now after being put in dirt, even the sickly looking one in the upper left hand corner has perked up and showing progress. Thank you very much for the help on my first time cloning, wouldn't have been able to do it without your advice! i'll post some more pics in a week or two to show you the progress they have made.
DSC08844.JPG
DSC08845.JPG
DSC08846.JPG

Sorry borrowing your thread so no need to make new one regarding the same subject.

what you think about root!t sponges? Good to go with them or should I buy rooting gel as well? Product page says the sponges are plug n play, but wondering does the gel help or make rooting faster?

well they have greened right up and started to grow now after being put in dirt, even the sickly looking one in the upper left hand corner has perked up and showing progress. Thank you very much for the help on my first time cloning, wouldn't have been able to do it without your advice! i'll post some more pics in a week or two to show you the progress they have made.
DSC08844.JPG
DSC08845.JPG
DSC08846.JPG
Dumb question sorry, but do you have holes in those cups. :Namaste:
Bill

Sorry borrowing your thread so no need to make new one regarding the same subject.

what you think about root!t sponges? Good to go with them or should I buy rooting gel as well? Product page says the sponges are plug n play, but wondering does the gel help or make rooting faster?
I mix a paste of rooting gel and rooting powder.
I explain everything you need to do in my Gorilla glue clone thread in my sig if you want more details.
G.G. Clone Topped Before 10 Days Old
Check it out if you like first couple pages has the info.
Bill

Back
Top Bottom