New to growing, few questions

Jdm Teg

Hey everyone, I'm rather new to growing and I am trying to figure out the best setup for around a total of 6 plants at once, all autoflowering, and in a closet grow box, I would be building.
I can't find any dimensions or anything about doors, hinges, and overall total size of the different pieces.

Also, I'm not sure about pot size, different ferts and nutes, etc.
I'd probably be using 1gallon buckets, the plastic kind...

As far as lighting for autos, it's just 18/6 the whole way, right?
But which light temp.would that be? and how many? >.<
I'd be using cfls, just to make sure I can get the hang of this.
Any and all help is extremely appreciated!!

Re: New to growing, few questions.

First things first, how big are you able to build your grow box? Almost all your other concerns depend on how much room you can give your girls to grow. IMO, the bigger the better because the problems with a big grow room always seem to be less serious than a small one (IE heat, when to flower, air flow, etc) In terms of bucket size, the consensus seems to be for every linear foot you'll need one gallon of soil. As for how many cfls you'll need, I wouldn't use anything less than 3 23w bulbs per plant. Hope this helps a little.

First of all do a research on the strains that you want to grow , if you are thinking about the larger SUPER autos then defiantly get bigger pots and maybe you can grow 4 plants not 6 int he same space. On the other hand if you buy dwarf plants you will get a decent yield from 1 gal pots.

You will also need to think about ventilation, odor control, lighting schedules(if you dont go 24/0) and nutrients to feed those autos.

Back
Top Bottom