New to growing have issue today

chrishydro

Ok I have been sucsefful before but here is what is going on today. New seeds about 14 days ago came right up. Now they are 7 inches long, have no leaves but the top and they are falling over.

What is my move?

sounds like the light is to far away from seedlings or just not enough light

sounds like they were stretching for the light... 7 inches is reeaaaly tall for a 14 day old plant.. for example, mine happen to be about 2 weeks old, and are 4" tall, and have pushed out 4 nodes. short and bushy.

if you're not getting short and bushy.. chances are the lighting is poor.

cfl, 0.25" , and in dwc. nodes normally pop out 1/4" from each other.

seedlings go under a 200 watter, then once they are large enough, i put them into a 350 watt fixture i built.

typically once they get 8" tall, i start to screen them, and move the cfl's to 2" off the screen, and let them grow to the screen. then start my scrog.

Really sounds like others said, not enough light, or to far from it, it sounds like this method has worked for your before, if so maybe its the strain whats to be treated a little different. I had the same problem with some flowers I started, I started them in a little dirt, under a reg house lamp, couldn't find anything else at that point, once I got a light , about a week or so after they came up the stems was so long I replanted in a deeper pot and buried the stem as deep as I could, doing fine now, but I have to transplant again, then things should be fine, so light will do this for sure.

I agree it sounds like lighting issue...never had it happen due to overwatering but it's basically impossible to overwater in Hempy and before hempy I did ebb and flow and dwc so can't overwater those... So it's possible

Back
Top Bottom