new to growing. need help with room specs

herd

Hey everyone. As the title says, I'm completely new to growing. I'm attempting to plan out what size of grow room I'm going to build but I'm not 100% on what the size needs to be. I'm planning on having 20 plants. Would a 7x7 building be big enough or do I need to go bigger? Also, what kind of power source would you recommend. I have to build it in the woods so just plugging the lights into an outlet isn't an option. I was originally planning on buying a gasoline generator and hooking it up outside of the room so the exhaust won't hurt the grow. But now I'm thinking that a solar panel would be best. Does anyone have experience on growing with a solar panel? thanks for any help I really appreciate it.

I'm no expert with growing, but depending on the light system you will be running, the cost of a solar array and the power storage needed to run this would be in the tens of thousands of dollars, $20k-$30k estimate. If this is in the woods you would need to start clearing trees and land for a system big enough, because a 7x7 building would not have the necessary roof space. I'm an environmental energy freak, and I'm telling you that it is in no way practical.

I'm no expert with growing, but depending on the light system you will be running, the cost of a solar array and the power storage needed to run this would be in the tens of thousands of dollars, $20k-$30k estimate. If this is in the woods you would need to start clearing trees and land for a system big enough, because a 7x7 building would not have the necessary roof space. I'm an environmental energy freak, and I'm telling you that it is in no way practical.

Generator

Back
Top Bottom