Advice needed with plans for a sealed room

british green

Hello everyone I'm thinking of building a new grow room made out of insulated industrial door panels . 4'x4'x7' high . I wold like to use a dwc system with a 600hps . 4 plants in total . The room ideally would be sealed and cooled with a a.c. unit and have one outlet fan just to change the air in the room positioned as close as possible to ceiling with a inlet covered by an old carbon filter so the room stays clean as possible . Has anyone done a room like this is it a idea that would work . Any help would be more than welcome .

Re: help needed with plans for a sealed room

I have not but your plan sound great. You got fresh air in and old air out you should be good. Just make sure if your ac is not on you still have fresh air coming in.

I'm thinking I will need two outlet fans one wired to a thermostat and one controlled by a timer . One to change the air every two hours ? And the other to switch on if the a.c. stop and the temps rise . The fans are a bit over kill a 8" rvk for the two hour change over and a silenced 10" hamster wheel fan both dailed in with speed controls . I'm also looking into co2 I'm thinking of using them bags that you hang up in the room . As it will be sealed for most of the time I'm thinking I will get good levels of co2 . Anymore help or ideas would be more than welcome .

Well building work has started and the box is up . Got make the cut outs for the fans and a.c. unit and power in and out of the box . It's bright white on the inside with a dimplex finnish to the pannels the door is sealed with a fridge seal from a chilled wagon . Up to now it's air tight .

Had to work today but I still managed to get my light hung holes cut out for the fan . I've brought a clever timer / thermostat that will allow the fan to come on at regular 15min intervals every two hours but also switch on the fan if the temps get to high . I'm also going to build a recirculating dwc system with four buckets and one main reservoir tank four airstones one in each bucket and two in the tank wick will be outside the room . I'll get some pictures posted up once I remember how to do it .

Fan fitted and wired . 600hps wired in to the timer . Carbon inlet filters fitted one at roof level and one down below . Air con unit is in place but I need to seal it in to the room with some expanding foam tape . This room looks to be the best one I have built up to now and I've had a few in the 10years I've been growing . Just hope it works aswell as it looks . I'm nearly there .

Thanks pal . I've had to go working away for a week today I live in Manchester but had to go to London I'm not to keen it's to busy and noisy but it pays the rent . So the pictures will have to wait . But it is a very nice room . Only small at 1200x1200x2100 tall just enough for my 4 bucket dwc system .

Not much progress yet but as promised some pics
IMAG10184.jpg
IMAG10216.jpg
IMAG10204.jpg
IMAG10194.jpg

I'm thinking about my plumbing in the room now and since it's going to be a permanent room is there any reason why I can't use copper pipe and fittings ? Any help would be good .

I'm not a plumber by any means but since copper pipe and fittings are used throughout my house and I've only ever use dechlorinated tap water on my plants, you should have no issues with a properly installed plumbing setup for your grow room. If you are concerned about the quality of your tap water, you can always install an RO filter to provide a stable water source for your grow.

Back
Top Bottom