New to growing

Breathe, you're still ok. You just need to repot. Do it gently. It's not ideal after flowering started, BUT it's still early enough not to be a massive issue. .

420-magazine-mobile1182023331.jpg

I've been trying to research with not much luck! What's going on here?? There is light burns on some on the plant I moved it back though

420-magazine-mobile1182023331.jpg

I've been trying to research with not much luck! What's going on here?? There is light burns on some on the plant I moved it back though
I really can't tell from the pics. Is it possible to take a pic in some daylight/ under a regular lamp?
I only do outdoor grows, because the lightbulb thing is really too much of a headache. The normal light bulbs aren't formulated for growing with. They're fine in the beginning, but tend to burn plants as they stretch... the lumens, kelvin & PAR have to line up to give to what you need. I went through dozens of bulbs which all burned my girls before finally just saying screw it.
How much are you watering your plants, and how often? How is your drainage? They need much less water than you think.
I dried out a pot for 2 weeks to transplant the girl, and there was still tons of moisture at the bottom of the pot...

I really can't tell from the pics. Is it possible to take a pic in some daylight/ under a regular lamp?
I only do outdoor grows, because the lightbulb thing is really too much of a headache. The normal light bulbs aren't formulated for growing with. They're fine in the beginning, but tend to burn plants as they stretch... the lumens, kelvin & PAR have to line up to give to what you need. I went through dozens of bulbs which all burned my girls before finally just saying screw it.
How much are you watering your plants, and how often? How is your drainage? They need much less water than you think.
I dried out a pot for 2 weeks to transplant the girl, and there was still tons of moisture at the bottom of the pot....

They are sleep now, I will have to take picture in morning, I have them in 12 inch pot, the leaves only on that budsite is doing a reverse taco as I would call it lol, but I didn't update about my charge! I started with CFLS and completely abandoned them and moved to LEDS during mid grow, they are 36watt bulbs and I have them 6 inches away from the base (not the tops) because I want everything in the middle, and I read that's how you would do it.
I water 3/8 a gallon of nutes twice a week every three day ratio

I dried out a pot for 2 weeks to transplant the girl, and there was still tons of moisture at the bottom of the pot....

420-magazine-mobile2141696934.jpg

Please help it's getting worse
420-magazine-mobile290403257.jpg

Ok. I don't know what your situation is, but here goes the basics.
Soil:
It needs to be 1/2 soil 1/2 compost, mixed through well. To that you need to add vermiculite / perlite- this lightens the soil mix, and as the soil dries out it keeps air well, improving drainage. The biggest problem that you can have is drainage. If the water doesn't drain out effectively, it creates a swamp at the root zone, which mj does not like, and if this is the case, very little air comes to the roots. Most Mj comes from a dry place, it's adapted to surviving in drier soil, not a swamp.
Water:
Mj does not need a lot of water. Tbh, i let my soil dry out between watering, so even in my smaller containers, i water well once a week, and in between only when it feels very dry. NB: water only, not water filled with nutes.
Light: if there's light, it will grow. Crap lights make them grow weird, but they'll still grow. You need a dark period every day, because this is when 1/2 the growing happens, as well as resin formation. I like sunlight, cause i'm stupid with electronics.
Strain:
Sativa & indica grow slightly differently, so i always say google your strain, and find out about what you're growing. Other people have grown it before, so listen to what they have to say. Eg gives tons of nutes to my sativas just makes them angry. They don't like it. Indicas do better with nutes, in my experience.
Nutes:
Start off slow - 1/4 - 1/2 dose in water, and not every day. You only need to start doing this if the plant needs it. Suddenly feeding it lots of unneccesary nutes won't help at all, rather, it will hurt your plant. You also need to flush the soil - 3 feeds, then plain water. (Flushing is when you water until it runs out of the bottom in a steady stream).
I don't know what's going on with your plant, but i would repot in soil with good drainage, then flush, then leave it. No extra nutes for at least a week after repotting.
Sorry, bud, that's what i'd do. It could be overwatering, salt lock from too many nutes, or something funky going on at the roots. Idk.

Soil:
It needs to be 1/2 soil 1/2 compost, mixed through well. To that you need to add vermiculite / perlite- this lightens the soil mix, and as the soil dries out it keeps air well, improving drainage. The biggest problem that you can have is drainage. If the water doesn't drain out effectively, it creates a swamp at the root zone, which mj does not like, and if this is the case, very little air comes to the roots. Most Mj comes from a dry place, it's adapted to surviving in drier soil, not a swamp.
Water:
Mj does not need a lot of water. Tbh, i let my soil dry out between watering, so even in my smaller containers, i water well once a week, and in between only when it feels very dry. NB: water only, not water filled with nutes.
Light: if there's light, it will grow. Crap lights make them grow weird, but they'll still grow. You need a dark period every day, because this is when 1/2 the growing happens, as well as resin formation. I like sunlight, cause i'm stupid with electronics.
Strain:
Sativa & indica grow slightly differently, so i always say google your strain, and find out about what you're growing. Other people have grown it before, so listen to what they have to say. Eg gives tons of nutes to my sativas just makes them angry. They don't like it. Indicas do better with nutes, in my experience.
Nutes:
Start off slow - 1/4 - 1/2 dose in water, and not every day. You only need to start doing this if the plant needs it. Suddenly feeding it lots of unneccesary nutes won't help at all, rather, it will hurt your plant. You also need to flush the soil - 3 feeds, then plain water. (Flushing is when you water until it runs out of the bottom in a steady stream).
I don't know what's going on with your plant, but i would repot in soil with good drainage, then flush, then leave it. No extra nutes for at least a week after repotting.
Sorry, bud, that's what i'd do. It could be overwatering, salt lock from too many nutes, or something funky going on at the roots. Idk. .

I let them dry out and I added a fan for circulation then another light bulb a cfl 2500k in my grow space. The temperature has moved from 73 to 81 in the day time now. And night time was 64 it is 70 now.

Long story short I have like some black soil bugs, I've been trying to research them and find information but it looked like an infestation so I freaked out and mixed dawn with water in my spayed and lightly spayed the top soil. .I'm waiting to see what happens I'm really nervous because the buds are starting to get fat and I hope I didn't harm her. I also seen something about putting garlic in soil. So I broke a clove up and buried it. Please tell me what you thing ANYONE

420-magazine-mobile1050127736.jpg

over watering can produce infestation (Gnats) in the first place where the larvae like damp moist conditions and munch through the roots. I have seen their tunnels at bottom of pot beside the drain holes mainly. regards

Any tips to get rid of them ? My soil is drying as we speak

my personal thoughts on nuets is to not use them till the plants is atleast 3weeks maybe 4-5 just depends on what she tells you, but nuets at seedling stage is dangerous

Hey it's been a while and I've started my second grow , are you sure about 1/4 1/2 feedings?????

Soil:
Water:
Strain:
Nutes:
Sorry, bud, that's what i'd do. It could be overwatering, salt lock from too many nutes, or something funky going on at the roots. Idk. .

420-magazine-mobile969847316.jpg

420-magazine-mobile384484455.jpg

2nd grow bag seeds

Planted in 30th and loving led
18/6 cycle
No nutes

some seed raising mix next time may help if that soil has nutrients like someone already stated wont need to ad anything just yet.
could leaves be pointing up due to temp being tad hot? an fingers crossed for you mate shes a female always tricky getting a good seed off local weed. best of luck hope it grows to be a big old bad boi.

She was a female ...

Soil:
Water:
Strain:
Nutes:

I've been growing in straight potting mix is this okay???

Back
Top Bottom