DWC first time grow

Not that I know of, but I never really looked for one.

Well when the government moves me up to 15 plants I'll give it a shot.
The reason I don't grow hydroponics is because a) not approved for medical use by the Canadian government.
But mostly b) earth tastes better. I did a side by side with my buddy from the same seed stock. Mine tastes way better and was a deeper buzz. His was ready a month sooner though and yielded a little more in a lot less time.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Every strain is different. Some can take 1500, some can only take 700. As a baseline i run 400 ppm of base, then add the rest of the nutes and shoot for 800 to 1000. The thing with hydro is, as time goes by the ph and ppm will change. Ph will go up or down depending on strain, nutes, etc. You need to monitor the ph every day or two and adjust it. With ppm it will most likely always go up because of water loss and that will concentrate the solution. I check mine every other day, add water to bring the ppm back into the 800 range. You dont need a ton of nutes because the roots are constantly in the solution and taking up nutes.

Every strain is different. Some can take 1500, some can only take 700. As a baseline i run 400 ppm of base, then add the rest of the nutes and shoot for 800 to 1000. The thing with hydro is, as time goes by the ph and ppm will change. Ph will go up or down depending on strain, nutes, etc. You need to monitor the ph every day or two and adjust it. With ppm it will most likely always go up because of water loss and that will concentrate the solution. I check mine every other day, add water to bring the ppm back into the 800 range. You dont need a ton of nutes because the roots are constantly in the solution and taking up nutes.

Thanks, Budking! I see what you mean about PPM changing...in just six hours mine went from 339 to 359, so that must be the evaporation effect.
I was concerned because my GH Feeding chart lists PPMs of 1000 - 1400 for my current stage, but that must be for watering soil. As the roots are sitting directly in the solution, it makes sense that I don't need as many concentrated nutrients.
I'm going to do a water change tomorrow and up the nutes, so I'll probably have a PPM rating closer to 700. Let's see...

Thanks!
:Namaste:

Dont agree with comment about PPM's meant to increase!

I run a 120 litre (32 gallon) undercurrent DWC system. My plants are current in day 8 of post flip and just about to finish with the stretch.

I just changed 50% of my Nute solution from Veg A+B & boost to Flora A+B & boost, just before the switch I was adding Veg A+B and PH up to my solution daily to keep my PPM's at the desired level, as the plants would crush thr PPM's daily with their massive nute intake.

My take on it if your PPM's are increasing in a recirculating system, then either the nutrient solution is to strong for your plants requirement at that particular stage.. or your plant is not healthy!

PH-EC_Chart1.jpg

The chart pretty much confirms what I said..

For healthy plants you expect water level to fall, PPM to fall, and PH to remain stable.

My PH is stable.. you do not get any PH drift in a 120 litre system. The only reason I need to add PH up is to balance the Canna Aquavega A+B which lowers the PH. This is to ensure I have my desired level of PPM's and PH during the stretch phase.

I absolutely LOVE this chart!!!! I wish I had seen it at the beginning of my grow and I think I could have been better about adjusting my nutes. Can't wait to use this guide on my next grow!!! Thanks, Rifleman! You're the man!!!

Thanks Timmy. :) My blog is full of charts and photos for diagnosing problems. Some diy stuff too.

Back
Top Bottom