New to growing

JambiTheGenie

420 Member
Hello.

As the subject states, I am new to growing. I got some autoflowering White Widow seeds. I plan on growing it indoors in a medium sized closet. The closet is only big enough for 1 plant to grow.

What specs should I be looking for when purchasing lights? Should I get a reheat lamp as well?

Thank you in advance for you help.

Hello and welcome. Check out the introduce yourself thread and give a hello if you haven't already that is. So light eh? Big choice with what seems like endless choices. Do you have a budget in mind? Led, hps and so on? Regardless, I read one time that for leds you want 35-40w of true draw per square foot to flower. There are sponsors for this sight that sell lights. Open your menu and it's the first option. Also don't let people fool you about cheap budget lights either. There are definitely ones that will get the job done. Check it and This one

One piece of advice is to plant into 5 gallon felt. Autos are not supposed to be transplanted. As for lights, I would pick a few you’re interested in, post them here and get peoples advice. Mars @SmokeSara and @Budget LED are good names on this forum.

Thank you so much for your fast replies!

As I will only be growing 1 at a time, will 1 light be enough? Also. As it will be all grown indoors during the summer when my air conditioning will be running, do I require a heat lamp?

I don’t really have a budget. I just want my plants to turn out good lol. If a $200 light will do the same job as a $50 light, obviously I will go with the $50 one though.

It is a hard decision. One, you want good end results. two, you don't want to have to go out and buy another light for the next grow to get the results you wanted. Did both of those first grow around. What are the dimensions of the space? What temp is your house with the AC on? My light heats up my tent to 78 80 f in the dead of winter in my basement where outside the tent is around 65 or so.

It is a hard decision. One, you want good end results. two, you don't want to have to go out and buy another light for the next grow to get the results you wanted. Did both of those first grow around. What are the dimensions of the space? What temp is your house with the AC on? My light heats up my tent to 78 80 f in the dead of winter in my basement where outside the tent is around 65 or so.

The room itself is only about 4 feet by 3 feet. The average temp in my house is about 20 degrees C.

Hello.

As the subject states, I am new to growing. I got some autoflowering White Widow seeds. I plan on growing it indoors in a medium sized closet. The closet is only big enough for 1 plant to grow.

What specs should I be looking for when purchasing lights? Should I get a reheat lamp as well?

Thank you in advance for you help.

Hello and welcome!

We offer great lighting and can definitely recommend some excellent options.

For the 3 x 4 space, what is your end goal? Just one plant our are you planning to run a few?

One piece of advice is to plant into 5 gallon felt. Autos are not supposed to be transplanted. As for lights, I would pick a few you’re interested in, post them here and get peoples advice. Mars @SmokeSara and @Budget LED are good names on this forum.
Thanks for your tag

Back
Top Bottom