New to Site - 14 Strains Under 2000 Watts in a 5x10 Tent

Subbed and all caught up.

You grow some amazing smoke my friend. Great job :circle-of-love:

The XJ-13 is an amazing strain isn't it? As frosty as frosty gets ;) Huge yielder for me as well. Hope they all turn out amazing for you.

You gotta lot of strain reviews a head of ya :)

Much love!

Thanks for the compliments, glad to have you along for the ride!

The XJ-13 is definitively a frosty strain. Yield looks pretty good too with 4 main colas that are heavy with resin. I'll be chopping her down tonight actually so I'll take some pictures of that and post em. it's one of the strains I will be keeping around for next grow. Gonna keep it in soil, probably a 5 gal grow bag because she was starting to get tall and I plan on veggin longer this time so I'm gonna need to keep that under control. She's definitely one of my stretchier strains.

I'm excited to see how she looks up close :) Congrats on the harvest :high-five:

1.5 foot tall clones (19 total XJ-13's) stretched way for than anticipated. Tallest being 6'2".

I mixed up the Clearex Flushing Solution suggested by Goldengoose7

in a large pot I combined:
1 gallon of distilled water
240 grams of Dextrose (Used for Beer Making)
120 grams of Sucrose (White Table Sugar)
3 grams Sodium Benzoate (as a preservative)
10 drops of Green Food Coloring

the Clearex Flushing Solution was allowed to cool and returned to the 1 gallon container.

I will use 15 milliliters per gallon of this Clearex Flushing Solution during my final flushing.

Dextrose

Clearex_Flushing_Solution_-_001.JPG

Sucrose

Clearex_Flushing_Solution_-_002.JPG

Sodium Benzoate

Clearex_Flushing_Solution_-_003.JPG

the final Clearex Flushing Solution

Clearex_Flushing_Solution_-_004.JPG

KJC why do you feel this cleared solution is necissary? I've heard people in soil say things like flushing solutions only work in hydroponics. Do you see a difference in final taste from using the flushing agent? I've never seen this recipe before, is there a journal I can look at to learn about it?

And thanks for the info on your veg nutrients. I Was planning in using the rest of my techna flora veg nutrients up and then switch over to GH before flower started.
What bloom boosters or additives do you add to GHs flower line?

I believe that using a flushing agent is superior to remove excess nutrients from the medium and the plant rather then pH adjusted water. A flushing agent lowers the osmotic pressure between cell walls and allows the plant to pull more excess nutrients from the plants before harvest. I have found that using this home made Clearex flushing agent as a harvest flush allows for smoother smoke from the buds versus using only pH adjusted water. I have used this home made Clearex flushing solution as a harvest flush in several of my Grow Journal and Reviews.

In flowering I also use

(Click on the photographs for links to the products)

https://emeraldtriangle.biz

Hey KJ, I've seen your home made recipe before, I never noticed the food colouring. What is that for? To distinguish the mix? Does it add colour to the plant without adding flavour? Is it necessary?

I'm excited to see how she looks up close :) Congrats on the harvest :high-five:

1.5 foot tall clones (19 total XJ-13's) stretched way for than anticipated. Tallest being 6'2".

That doesn't surprise me, especially if you didn't train your plants. I topped mine several times, LSTd and Scrogged and she was still 4 1/2 feet tall. I just finished harvesting her actually and she smells and looks great. Im gonna guess 3 ounces from the 1 Xj-13.

IMG_37965.JPG

Here are some more of the drying buds I've got. The top shelf is cinex, second row is Xj-13, 3rd row is The white #2 that was bud washed and the bottom rack is cantaloupe kush

IMG_37896.JPG

Capn grow update: Im having trouble with my nutrient monitoring system. I think the ph is correct, but the ppm and water temp are way off. Im going off capns 500 ppm early veg nute schedule and my meter says 1500ppm and my hand held ppm meter I've been using for months and i know is correct says 463ppm. Ive been having trouble keeping ph stable. And i think my plants aren't happy. They are drooping and wrinkly looking. My first thought was either a ph problem, or over/under watering with the grow cubes? If some one can tell what the problem is that would be great. Nothing I've done so far has helped.

IMG_37954.JPG

IMG_37977.JPG
IMG_37988.JPG
IMG_37993.JPG
IMG_38006.JPG

Your water temp is WAY too high. It needs to be around 65-75 degrees. Do you have pumps running continuously?

Your water temp is WAY too high. It needs to be around 65-75 degrees. Do you have pumps running continuously?

I don't think I made it clear in my last post, my ppm and water temp guage is way off. I think the probe is faulty because they share the same probe. But the ph is stable and consistent with the PH buffer solutions they provided so I think that is correct.

No I don't have pumps running all the time. Only 4 times a day for 30 minutes each, I felt 15 minutes each irrigation time wasn't enough to full saturate the medium. Cap'n would like to hear your input on this. I'm only using 185gph pumps.

I came into my capn grow this morning after adjusting the ph last night. It's sitting at 5.7ph and 3/4 plants look a lot happier.. I think they were stressed from my make shift transplant, new nutrients, new medium, PH swings initially, etc.. I'l update if I see things change. Trying to work with the company I got my monitor from to see if Ican get a replacement

wow how did i miss this .. i love multiple strain grows..

i see u already have some great members already here.. im in !!!!!!

>>>No I don't have pumps running all the time. Only 4 times a day for 30 minutes each, I felt 15 minutes each irrigation time wasn't enough to full saturate the medium. Cap'n would like to hear your input on this. I'm only using 185gph pumps.

Keegan,

You are going to have a really nice grow here. I like how you've followed the recipe, pretty much perfectly. I'm in a hurry right now so can't comment too much, but set your irrigation to ONE time a day for 15 minutes.

Gotta run, but I'll come back and check on you tonight or tomorrow.

wow how did i miss this .. i love multiple strain grows..

i see u already have some great members already here.. im in !!!!!!

Thanks DL, I like multiple strain grows too. Let's you see how different strains grow side by side and you actually learn a lot. I don't suggest TOO MANY strains in the same area as it gets hard to manage deficiencies and an even canopy when you get too many. I like the part at the end when I harvest my 10-14 strains and I have a personal dispensaries in my closet. Sativas, indicas, and every ratio of hybrid in between for every smoking occasion. My friends are still blown away that I can grow the quality of bud I do with only a couple grows under my belt. I just can't wait till they see what Cap'n style can do!! :cheesygrinsmiley: If I can get these ladies happy that is..

>>>No I don't have pumps running all the time. Only 4 times a day for 30 minutes each, I felt 15 minutes each irrigation time wasn't enough to full saturate the medium. Cap'n would like to hear your input on this. I'm only using 185gph pumps.

Keegan,

You are going to have a really nice grow here. I like how you've followed the recipe, pretty much perfectly. I'm in a hurry right now so can't comment too much, but set your irrigation to ONE time a day for 15 minutes.

Gotta run, but I'll come back and check on you tonight or tomorrow.

Thanks cap'n, couldn't have made it this far without you. I'll set it to 1 time a day for 15 minutes.. But I have no idea why I would only do it once a day?.. I'll be waiting to hear further instruction from you Cap'n

Thanks DL, I like multiple strain grows too. Let's you see how different strains grow side by side and you actually learn a lot. I don't suggest TOO MANY strains in the same area as it gets hard to manage deficiencies and an even canopy when you get too many. I like the part at the end when I harvest my 10-14 strains and I have a personal dispensaries in my closet. Sativas, indicas, and every ratio of hybrid in between for every smoking occasion. My friends are still blown away that I can grow the quality of bud I do with only a couple grows under my belt. I just can't wait till they see what Cap'n style can do!! :cheesygrinsmiley: If I can get these ladies happy that is..

Thanks cap'n, couldn't have made it this far without you. I'll set it to 1 time a day for 15 minutes.. But I have no idea why I would only do it once a day?.. I'll be waiting to hear further instruction from you Cap'n

my thoughts exactly!! i have a variety of flavors and potency at my disposal . i have 5 stains going right now with a sixth starting in a month i thought that was allot till i seen this lol ..

my thoughts exactly!! i have a variety of flavors and potency at my disposal . i have 5 stains going right now with a sixth starting in a month i thought that was allot till i seen this lol ..

Nice, what strains do you have? Are you getting clones or from seed?

Heres some pictures i took today of my 4 girls that will be scrogged in a 5x5 in a flood tray under 1000w hps. I transplanted them today with KJC's soil mixture from 1 gal pots to their final flowering pot which are some experimental 7 gal grow bags from hydrofarm. I like them so far, they are thick, but look breathable. I decided to do 3x Xj-13s and 1x The white. They seemed to have the same amount of stretch, but last time i didn't veg the white as long, and only topped it once about a week before flower because i got the two Whites and the White russian a month after the rest of the clones, so they stretched a lot. Im going to be vegging these girls in the new 5x5 tent i got for the spare bedroom. I put my 4 foot 8 bulb T5 in there and they are looking happy!

IMG_38064.JPG

These are the roots of 1 of the Xj-13s and one of the White. Pearly white! Ive been using Root66 from techna flora if anybody is wondering. I think I'm going to be making a Heisenburg tea once a week for these 4 ladies too, since I'm already making one for my Capn style grow.

IMG_38023.JPG
IMG_38054.JPG

Back
Top Bottom