New to the site trying to grow for the first time

Bmorelaxed

420 Member
Hey guys and gals, I'm new to the site and trying my hand at growing. I'm looking for any tips and tricks anyone may have. My plant isn't looking the best right now so I was hoping for some advice on saving it.

Attachments

• 15393765532075117416930928939863.jpg
    15393765532075117416930928939863.jpg
    362.7 KB · Views: 88
Welcome to :420: Bmore...check my signature below for helpful links.
Can you give a bit more info? What type of medium is the plant in. How often watering. Any nutes that are being given. Type of water, the pH of the water, distance of lights to plant etc. It looks like the plant is blowing to one side. Is there a fan on it?

I'm using foxfarm ocean mix soil with general hydroponics grow fertilizer. I use a self watering pot so it draws naturally and purified water like the gallon jug type, she just gets natural sun light during the day and all I have for light at night at the moment is a regular incandescent lamp. I have a fan that I put near her from a few hours a day and I rotate the side the fans on the help strengthen the stem. This plant was just a seed I found in my bud so I'm not 100% sure it is a female either

I'm using foxfarm ocean mix soil with general hydroponics grow fertilizer. I use a self watering pot so it draws naturally and purified water like the gallon jug type, she just gets natural sun light during the day and all I have for light at night at the moment is a regular incandescent lamp. I have a fan that I put near her from a few hours a day and I rotate the side the fans on the help strengthen the stem. This plant was just a seed I found in my bud so I'm not 100% sure it is a female either
OK so you were given some good advice above... a couple of things to add. FFOF is a pretty hot mix. Do not add any ferts/nutes yet. That plant will survive a long time without adding anything. You need to get your plants on a regular watering schedule, as mentioned. Check my signature below for Proper way to water a potted plant.

The fan needs to oscillate or you are going to stress the plant out. My initial thought was the fan was blowing too hard on the plant...I don't know if yours oscillates but to me it's too early for a fan closer than 12-18". Once you get to four or five good nodes you can add more airflow to strengthen it.

If you can afford and have access to get fabric pots then I would transplant it into one of those as soon as possible. Those plastic containers are hard to tell if your plant needs watering. There are many benefits to using fabric pots which I wont get into right now. As mentioned above that plant needs little water but lots of light. If the plant is stretching it's because of lack of light. It's either bent over trying to find the sun or about to go to sleep.

At one point you are going to have to feed the plant. The GH Ferts you mention I have no idea about, but you plant will be looking for the 3 main nutes, Nitrogen, Phosphorous and Potassium. Never give at full strength. Start at half or even quarter strength until you see how the plant handles them.

Lighting is key. Right now it needs at least 18 hours of solid light, unless it happens to be an auto you found but I doubt that! The small light at night is doing nothing and might as well be off to let your plant rest naturally. Hopefully that's enough to get you going and follow the advice given above from the pther members. Spend the time to read the links we have provided and you will be growing monsters in no time.
:goodluck:

Back
Top Bottom