New to this - What to do?

spiro2004

image1361.jpg

image1360.jpg

image1359.jpg

image1356.jpg

Hi here's my grow set up
Iv got four auto sweet Tooth's about a week old.
Iv got the on 18hrs lights on & 6hrs off.
I'm running a carbon filter fan for 15min every hour when the lights on to control my heat & Humidity and it seems to be working quite well temp ranges from 70-78 (when light on)51-60 (when lights off) & humidity ranges from 30%-60% .
Just been watering with plane water ph is 6.8.
Couple of questions as I new to this.

Q1- How high should my light be from the top of the plants?
Q2- When should I start feeding my plants nutrients?
Q3- Does my set up look alright?

Any tips welcome

Cheers

Hi spiro,
Welcome to 420Magazine mate :)

Firstly Q3, your setup looks fine mate, all looks in order there. One thing , that fan at the top isn't clip on and if I can see right may fall off that rail which could cause some problems like hitting the light and causing a fire or crushing your girls. Apart from that all is good mate.

Q1,
450w hps - 1 FT
600w hps - 1 1/2 FT
1000w hps - 2 FT

Q2
Your medium looks like soil but you havent stated what is in your mix or if its just standard potting soil. Normal ptting soil will be good for 2 - 4 weeks on water alone. After that you will have to start introducing nutes at 1/4 recommended strength to get them used to it.

There a lot of info on this website and lots of great growers always willing to help. Have a look around, explore and maybe follow a soil journal or 2 to get an idea of how to treat soil grows.

ONE did u start a seed through a Credit card XD lol if so idk if that will hurt it but seems cool lol

I would increase your light on time for 2 reasons,

Main reason is that the seedlings can use more lighting if you dont want to go to 24 hr on you should atleast get a 20/4 cycle if not more on. Later when they get to avg foot-2 ft then you can start cutting back on the light and stick with a 18/6.

Second reason, you are geting kinda cold at night and it will help keep your temp higher if your lights are off for less time.

other then that water them and sit back and watch : )

:welcome: WELCOME BTW HOPE YOU HAVE SOME FUN WITH YOUR GREEN THUMB ; P

I would be more incline to use 6" or 8" fan around plant canopy or base of pots to circulate air rather than at top of tent as its not do a great deal of help at the top !

You can use HPS for veg but may cause stretch/elongation of the stem of the plant & can be quite noticable between some strains/genetics... otherwise MH/metal halide is a suitalbe choice for vegging or the use of T5 tubes or cfls/gaint in the 6400/6500 kelvin range work well for veg also :thumb:

Temps appear reasonable & i may question the season you are grow in being winter/spring/summer/autumn as ambients temps of these seasons may well effect the temps of where you have your indoor grow based !

There no hole in the card just looks like the from the way the pic was taken lol
Everything I've read about a lot of flowers says the best light is 18 on 6 off from start to end..

There no hole in the card just looks like the from the way the pic was taken lol
Everything I've read about a lot of flowers says the best light is 18 on 6 off from start to end..

Back
Top Bottom