New With Two Questions

tamales

IMG_20160706_224247.jpg
IMG_20160706_224104.jpg
IMG_20160706_224114.jpg
IMG_20160706_224034.jpg

1. Are these ready for the introduction to the 12/12 phase?

2. I live in an apartment and had a brilliant idea of moving the plants to my bedroom to better hide them. All seemed good but yesterday I opened the window to give the room some air. Closed the window and all seemed fine until tonight. I found small nats flying around and moths nestled under leaves. I killed three moths, two nats, and now I notice a spider making a web. I closed all windows to this room, but wonder how persist bugs will be to get in here. How can I repel them? It was frightening to see the moths determined to return to the plant when I swatted at them. Can spiders cause issues too?

Yeah- they've actually started flowering already. I'm not sure how many hours of daylight/night you've had them exposed to...? Maybe they're autoflowers. If they're photo plants and not autos then best to put them into 12-12 lighting now.
Where I live we have very few outdoor pests, but most people wouldn't say the same. Spiders aren't a problem for you. (Spider mites are). It's just making a web to catch the gnats and the moth. Not sure about the moth- it could lay eggs which hatch into hungry caterpillars- but I wouldn't panic about that. Find out what local pests you have.

Thank you for the response. This Kalashnikova is auto flowering. The Jack Harer is not auto flowering, the package said, yet pistols only just now started to show though it is as tall as this Kalashinkova.

I live in Ireland and heard of the may highflyer moth, but those now deceased moths that attacked my plants are of a smaller variety.

Here's to hoping my room doesn't become infested with caterpillars!

Not doing anything special with the lighting so far, just keeping the plants by the window. It is often dark during the day when a day long of heavy rain occurs. I'm surprised by how saturated in THC the flowers are given this isn't hypro and I have no experience. Reminds me of the buds back in the States. :'-)

Will read your journals for growing insight.

not bad at all for just being in a window!

are you planning to put them under a HPS or cfl or anything?

if you are going to leave them in the window, i would make sure to put them in pitch black for the nights just to make sure you dont stress them out with flicking bedroom lights on and off.

Back
Top Bottom