Newb - First grow, almost harvest? Need some feedback pls

denverbroncos

Hi All - i am in Denver and have my first plant grow ever ;)

Was looking for some advice on what you guys think as far as harvest time - i am on day 55 of flowering (12/12) and the breeder recomends 60 days

Some pics are below - please let me know what you think, this forum has been extremely helpful so any feedback if appreciate thatnks and cheers!

https://www.420magazine.com/community/styles/420style/smilies/Namaste-Smiley.gif

20151010_112348.jpg
20151010_112338.jpg

Wow great first grow. I have family in Colorado! 3 weeks and it's ready. Do 60 of you can, looks great. What kinda lighting? Put it in the dark for 24 hours before harvest

Yeh man, beautiful state!!! And thanks for the feedback , it really helps a newb like me and provides some confidence since I got a lil discouraged (brown spots on leaves)

Went with LED light on this , my first grow and rolled with an Advanced Platinum light - awesome piece of equipment , super quiet

Since I don't have magnifier , should I wait until lil more than 50% pistils turn brown/Amber?

You would want to harvest when there are no new white pistils and they have changed color but trichome color is the most accurate way to tell harvest. I really suggest you pick up a pocket microscope in the future.

The pistils are a very inaccurate way to tell maturity. I've had strains start turning amber when only 50% of the hairs had turned, and I've also had plants that were completely clear after pretty much all the hairs had turned. If you're in Denver, you should have zero problems finding a loupe to check the trichs with. Any glass shop or grow shop will have them. Cheers to the great state of Colorado. I'm here too.

Thanks to all for the feedback !

I've ordered up a loupe and should have it this comign week - what % and colors should I be looking for when I get it ??

It is a 30 and 60x loupe it says , thisany good? Thanks and namaste !

Back
Top Bottom