Newb trying to learn from the great resources here

Newb McNewbie

Hi everyone.

A while back I lost my only source for the green stuff so a few months ago I decided to buy a tent and materials to try my own grow. Found a great local shop that was very helpful but also searched these forums numerous times for advice. So I decided to join in on the fun!

I bought 5 seeds, 3 of them rooted but I killed one early on so I now have two plants that are about a week and a half into flower. Made some mistakes in the beginning (well I am making mistakes all the time I am sure but really obvious ones at the start :) ). A week or two into veg they looked so pathetic but I made adjustments based on some threads here and now the look great! They really took off after a slow start.

Anyway, maybe I will post some pictures or do a grow journal, I have pictures from every 2 or 3 weeks.

For now just wanted to say hi and thanks for all the help you didn't know you had given me.

Welcome to the 420 Magazine, Newb!

This place is an incredible resource for growing cannabis. I came here a year ago and I can believe how much I've picked up. My first grow was nothing compared to what I've pulled of under the embracing care that this place provides. The people here are amazing and so inspirational. I don't think you'll have a problem fitting in!

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask. We would love to see you start a grow journal!

All the best my friend!

Welcome Newb!
You cam to the right place. Everything you need is here. Look around, make friends, ask away, and learn lots.

Thanks for the welcome Pigeons and Major! So excited to see how it goes over the next 6 or 7 weeks until harvest. No idea what I might get out of it but at the very least I am having fun.

almost-a-month.1010086

A month later they are 3 ft tall and looking good.

Edit: Apparently I need to learn how to attach a picture from the gallery cause that don't look like it worked.

:thumb:

When you are posting, there is an icon of a camera at the top of the window (third from the right). It will bring up your gallery. Just select the picture from that gallery window. :high-five:

I can't tell for certain but are those two empty holes just open? If so, you want to cover them so you don't get nasties growing in your res.

Also, for potential future problem solving, you want to white balance your pictures. There's no way to really see nute issues and such if it's psychedelic. I'd look into some of the LST or low stress training threads too. Your plants should start to stretch and may triple in size. One I put into hydro and flower after a week (it was a rush) tripled in size and I was behind the curve trying to keep her canopy remotely level.

I can't tell for certain but are those two empty holes just open? If so, you want to cover them so you don't get nasties growing in your res.

Also, for potential future problem solving, you want to white balance your pictures. There's no way to really see nute issues and such if it's psychedelic. I'd look into some of the LST or low stress training threads too. Your plants should start to stretch and may triple in size. One I put into hydro and flower after a week (it was a rush) tripled in size and I was behind the curve trying to keep her canopy remotely level.

Hey thanks for the advice will certianly adress what you said.

Sorry about the picture ill try to get a good one of them soon. They are 3x thwt size now but more tree than bush. First tme and all.:thumb:

Hi everyone.

A while back I lost my only source for the green stuff so a few months ago I decided to buy a tent and materials to try my own grow. Found a great local shop that was very helpful but also searched these forums numerous times for advice. So I decided to join in on the fun!

I bought 5 seeds, 3 of them rooted but I killed one early on so I now have two plants that are about a week and a half into flower. Made some mistakes in the beginning (well I am making mistakes all the time I am sure but really obvious ones at the start :) ). A week or two into veg they looked so pathetic but I made adjustments based on some threads here and now the look great! They really took off after a slow start.

Anyway, maybe I will post some pictures or do a grow journal, I have pictures from every 2 or 3 weeks.

For now just wanted to say hi and thanks for all the help you didn't know you had given me.
Welcome, anything I can help you with I'm more than happy to ✌️ Ron from Michigan

Back
Top Bottom