Newbie Alert! - Problems - Nute Burn? deficiency? Phosphorus?

Thanks king! Yeh kinda obvious when you put it like that. Haha.

Would you reccomend alternating trace elements with the magne-cal? I guess that will be ok?

I would not recommend using your trace elements with a calcium supplement. The good news your house and garden soil A &B nutrients already contain calcium and claim "Soil A&B is the complete macro/micro nutrient for the plant’s entire life, dosage will vary."

My plant looks the same way, im using happy frog soil. It seems to be very acidic. Im gonna correct ph before i run to deficiencies. My run off is 6.0 no matter how much ph balanced water i put through it, i did 20 gallons of 7.0 in a 5 gallon pot.. Still came out 6.0. Im gonna try to add a top dressing to correct ph and see if that helps first.
IMG_20140119_203648.jpg

I'll have to look into that mate, please correct me if im wrong..

the reason I have magne-cal in the first place is because if a deficiency a few weeks ago, even though I was using soil A & B. The magne-cal fixed the problem which indicates to me that it was a calcium/mag deficiency. So house and garden can't have sufficient ca in the mix.

Plus... would adding half strength trace element mix do any harm?

I would give your plants your trace elements for another feeding then go back to using magne-cal and house and garden soil A &B slowly increeasing the strength of the nutrients until you are at full strength nutrients.

We meet again kingjohn...

Thanks for the advise dude, been a great help. I will give another dose of the trace then drop that for magne-cal.

looks very similar to my deficiency mate, as ive added trace element mix its hard to know for sure what it was but mine has definitely not got worse since.

not sure if mine was a calcium deficiency as I have been adding magne-cal to every watering. I was told by one of the gents on here that maybe alternating my feeding can cause issues so from here on I will feed half measure of nutes every feed. with added magne-cal because it seems my plants (super silver haze) could be susceptible to this?

who knows... trial and error I suppose. Hopefully by the time I finish this crop I will understand the strain a bit more for next time around.

let us know how it goes dude

peace

You should progressively over multiple watering increase the strength of the nutrients you are feeding until you are using full strength nutrients. I would increase the strength by 1/4 every 10 days until you are using full strength nutrients.

Just an update for future readers of this thread. I have given 2 doses of trace element mix to the girls and they responded really well. No further 'dead spots on leaves'. Taking the advice of some senior members I have now gone back to my regular feeding of soil a &b with added magne-cal as my girls seem to need a little extra calcium.

I was noticing at the end of the 18 hour day ( the last 3-4 hours) the plants were exhausted from the 600w hps drooping like a mo fo... So before I switch them to flower I have gone back to 400W and shortened the day to 15 hours as I read this was preferred by sativa dominant plants. Hoping to give them easy weekend before lights go out for 36 hours before the 11/13 (on/off respectively) lighting schedule I have in mind.

Once again thanks to everyone who chipped in with some priceless knowledge gained from experience and no doubt some heart ache. You helped save a crop, and for that I'm very gratefull

Peace x

Hi welshgrow,well the leafes seems to be getting darker at the top!going to give here till monday for feed but im going to give her 1/2 a n b and some magnecal,overall i think she looks better but just out of curiosity my jack plant is 18 inch tall and just cumming up to 3 weeks in flowering i think its a bit small for jackherer but i did lst through veg and i vegged for 6 week,any suggestion on the size mate?
Thanks for asking me on the grow!

From what i've read mate yours sounds like it could be nitrogen, if that is the case its pretty normal to get this during late flowering so yours could be showing problems a bit early but nothing worth losing sleep over. Just my opinion though. well not entirely my opinion. follow this link, the single most useful thing I've found and from the good people of 420

Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver - Pictorial

See what you think under Nitrogen.

The only problem I had was ive read too much and now im convinced my plant has every deficiency possible haha

let me know fella

Hi welshgrow,looking at my plant there dont seem to be any difference except the top of the colas are abit darker green which is whatiwanted!im going to tie the branches down to get more light on her!shes 18 inch now and buds aremore denser,what do you think of the hieght though ?cheer

Back
Top Bottom