Newbie Cali grower here

Chrisx510

As my name implies (if you‘re from the area) I’m from the Bay Area of California. I was in the US Marine Corps for almost 10 years so didnt really have the need to grow before. Now that I’ve been out for a few months now I’m getting into the game. Even though I still hardly ever smoke, so I would call myself more of a recreational grower. But I definitely smoked from my first grow seen it a bit of a rite of passage.

First season of growing for me, I’ve got one auto grow under my belt so far. Learned from my mistakes from that run, first rule I learned never under estimate your plants need for cal mag. Other than that the autos ended up pretty nicely, especially silver haze she was a thing beauty (In my eyes for a first timer)

0A20EC02-29A7-4376-A1BE-81F85B48D552.jpeg8A80A479-A7CD-46FE-87D5-813513B94DEC.jpegD0F1C937-7B61-4DBB-A9AE-72119495C511.jpeg
chopped her about 2 weeks after that microscope picture.

Now I’m starting to get into photoperiod seeds. Still just going for the feminized seeds, haven’t gotten into the regular seeds just yet, but definitely want to try my finger in breeding sooner or later. But I started my new seeds back around June 4th, and came up with a new soil recipe and made that soil about a week or so before that. Have 5 different strains going this time 3 auto flowers and 2 photo periods. If you want to check the progress out on it and give some pointers check out my signature with my current Fathers Day grow log.
A8AE23EB-7EB9-4174-85D8-7AC502CA06A8.jpeg77AE0825-EA2D-483F-9AE3-A53B63A00F32.jpegF644A2CF-9810-41CA-9D16-23612809345C.jpeg

Attachments

• 7B58E2A0-3C91-4130-945F-F5028A1AA5F3.jpeg
    7B58E2A0-3C91-4130-945F-F5028A1AA5F3.jpeg
    955.6 KB · Views: 61
Hello and welcome, awesome looking first grow, and good luck on the second, r u growing the autos and photos in the same space?
Yeah I was planning too, trying to talk my better but still a pain in the ass other half to let me get a grow tent. Due to seeds not germinating I’ve got one photo that’s about 2 weeks behind the other. Although it does say the flower period is about 2 weeks shorter than the other, so might be a blessing in disguise

I think the only issue people run into is when the photos go into flower the autos only get the 12hrs light

please correct me if I’m wrong on this, on account my limited knowledge is based around what I’ve read and not from trial or experience. But can’t photos go into flower with 14/10 I read 10 is the minimum amount of night hours till they start to flower. Or does strain/genetics dictate that some plants need more than the 10 minimum and just 12/12 is a safe bet to cover all plants.

Welcome to the forum @Chrisx510 :welcome:
please correct me if I’m wrong on this, on account my limited knowledge is based around what I’ve read and not from trial or experience. But can’t photos go into flower with 14/10 I read 10 is the minimum amount of night hours till they start to flower. Or does strain/genetics dictate that some plants need more than the 10 minimum and just 12/12 is a safe bet to cover all plants.
That's a good question :hmmmm: I have noticed that if I lower my daylight hours that my girls will show more pistils...although in flower I actually run an 11/13 time frame... 11hrs of light and 13hrs dark

Indoor plants take longer to go to sleep since there isn't a horizon present like outside(slowly darkening instead of lights OFF). Some use far red IR initiators to run 13.5/10.5 cycle for higher yields, or run 12/12 and they usually ripen faster. It's all in how you want to play it. :Namaste:

P.S I run a VEG/Auto 18/6 tent 2x2, and a separate QB(132's) tent for 2x4, Auto's need 18 - 20hrs of light and isn't possible with photo's involved when it's time to switch those to bloom.

18/6 start finish GG4(2pics) and Colorado Cookies. And I'm fairly close to you down below in the capital. Welcome! We are used to smoking FIRE here(CA), and I would definitely puff your weed, it looks nice man. i did notice 29.9 C is about 86 degrees, you are a bit warm, other than that, Keep em' Green. Enjoy!

18/6 start finish GG4(2pics) and Colorado Cookies. And I'm fairly close to you down below in the capital. Welcome! We are used to smoking FIRE here(CA), and I would definitely puff your weed, it looks nice man. i did notice 29.9 C is about 86 degrees, you are a bit warm, other than that, Keep em' Green. Enjoy!

Those gorillas look amazing love the fade in them. I need to get an AC unit waiting till I get a tent for that though. I currently am using a make shift grow room with nothing over the top of it. Don’t want the Ac running almost 24/7 :confused:

Indoor plants take longer to go to sleep since there isn't a horizon present like outside(slowly darkening instead of lights OFF).
Ya know ... I've noticed that my Gavita controls have a 'sundown' or 'sunset' or something like that in the settings.
It makes the plant think that it's the sun going down slowly.

One of these days I will set one of the rooms to do that, and see if it makes a difference.
Anybody have any experience with that?

Back
Top Bottom