Newbie from SC

They can be moved outside and back in without hurting them,I'd recommend sitting them in shade or spotty sunlight (like under a tree) for the first day or two so they get used to the sun gradually...after the first few days out,they'll be ok with direct sun from then on.

I can see the roots in those cups,and I notice the cups are only half full of soil-I'd say it's close to time to transplant them to some larger containers-1 gallon pots are a good temporary home till you go to at least 3 gallon,sometime down the road.
You could just leave them in the one gallons if you want to,but they won't get very big,which means they won't produce as much "smoking material"as they would in a larger pot

They're looking pretty good-nice n green, but they probably won't do much more growing until they've got more room for roots
90 is a little on the hot side,but if it's what you've got then it's what you've got...just be sure to keep them watered-don't overdo it,just water when the cups get pretty light.
Water gets a little more critical at higher temps-at their size,they can't do without for as long as a larger plant could-larger pots will help with this too-they'll take a lot longer to dry out.

They can be moved outside and back in without hurting them,I'd recommend sitting them in shade or spotty sunlight (like under a tree) for the first day or two so they get used to the sun gradually...after the first few days out,they'll be ok with direct sun from then on.

I can see the roots in those cups,and I notice the cups are only half full of soil-I'd say it's close to time to transplant them to some larger containers-1 gallon pots are a good temporary home till you go to at least 3 gallon,sometime down the road.
You could just leave them in the one gallons if you want to,but they won't get very big,which means they won't produce as much "smoking material"as they would in a larger pot

They're looking pretty good-nice n green, but they probably won't do much more growing until they've got more room for roots
90 is a little on the hot side,but if it's what you've got then it's what you've got...just be sure to keep them watered-don't overdo it,just water when the cups get pretty light.
Water gets a little more critical at higher temps-at their size,they can't do without for as long as a larger plant could-larger pots will help with this too-they'll take a lot longer to dry out.

Thanks. They are due to be watered now. One gallon it is.When I transplant them, is it to early for nutes?? I have 3 acres with another 200 acres surrounding me. I can grow them outdoors with ease. Just seems like it would be more difficult with all the variables. Would the 3 gallon be their final home? Thanks again!

You could start the nutes now,start at about 1/4 strength,and if anything starts
to yellow,boost them up to 1/2 strength,then give them gradually higher dosages as they grow.
I've grown 3.5 foot plants in 3 gallon pots,seems to be about the limit height wise,at least for me-if you want to grow larger plants,then you might want to use 5 or 7 gallon for the final size.
I stick with 3 gal because they're easier to move around.
The plants will adapt to outdoor conditions fine-but outdoors is where all the pests live,so you need to keep a close eye on them so they don't take over the whole plant.
Some strains are more bug resistant than others,but you really won't know if your strains are or not until you notice the bugs are either bothering them ,or they aren't...
You can grow a lot larger plants outdoors-hard to beat the sun as a light source...

I'm going to assume I'm past the seedling stage now?? Haven't given them any liquid nutes yet. I do have some on the way. Thinking I need to top them and feed them. First grow so just want to make sure. Thanks everyone!

Attachments

• 20190520_151530.jpg
    20190520_151530.jpg
    701.8 KB · Views: 53
Yes,they're officially small plants now,so feeding and topping them is do-able...
Do you know where you're going to top them? there's a few different locations to do it,each offers different results.
Do a search on the forum for "Topping Techniques" to see what you think about each method.

Is there a particular place / node i should do it. I've been reading on topping versus fim. Under the impression that topping was easier for a newbie. Anybody have any recommendations?? Thanks again!!

I usually top above the second node,after the plant has grown to the fifth node-it seems like you're wasting a lot of plant,but within a week,you'll have 4 main branches growing instead of just one....more tops equals more buds,so there ya go - that's the whole point of topping...

You might take a look at this quadline thread,not sure If you'd want to tackle this as a first time grower,I'm only mentioning it because to do it correctly, you top at a different location,farther up the plant-I topped mine(at the wrong spot) literally an hour before I saw this thread,so,I'm doing quadlines right now,but I'm actually not doing it by the recommended method,but it seems to be working fine so far...It's actually pretty easy,but it does take a little more of a time investment to do it right...

Well they are topped and first feeding done. I really can't believe they are growing in the hot conditions they are in. I'll keep pushing forward until I see a problem then I'll move em outdoors. How they looking??

Attachments

• 20190528_163643.jpg
    20190528_163643.jpg
    562.3 KB · Views: 43
The high temps don't seem to be bothering them much,they're looking good!
You'll be amazed what they do when you get them outside for good-

Back
Top Bottom