Newbie here! Please help! Plants growing at different rates

nvhunter

Hello all.... This is my first post but I have been reading and learning here for months. I got 10 Ak48 seeds and all germed in 1 day. I placed them in rockwool and all of them grew evenly and quickly. Once they reached about 2 inchs I planted them into the larger containers. 4 of them had a generic soil-less soil for seedlings and the other 6 I used Fox Farms Ocean Forest. They are under a 600 watt light.

Ok now that you know the back ground I will explain the issue. The plants are now 21 days since seeds germed. For the first few weeks they all grew evenly and well but the last week has shown diferant grow rates. The 4 in the generic soil have exploded with over an inch of vertical growth per day but the plants in the FF have stunted. They look healthy but havent grow much at all. One of them is still only a few inchs tall. Its obvious that it has something to do with the soil but does anyone know why it would do this?

plants_12-21.JPG

Not to worry, As long as they are green and alive, They will take off. Right now they are putting down roots and getting ready to stretch. Like people, All shapes and sizes..

This is completely normal and you have learned your first lesson about product selection - without anything fucking up.

Congratulations!

There could be nothing wrong at all but its awful coincidental that the ff is giving you the issue rather than the generic soil. What about ph levels. The ff might be different and thus the water added is charging the generic soils ph to a more favorable level than the fox farm.

Foxfarm is a hotter mix and may have stunted them a little. They look great they will catch up. When growing with seeds you get different pheno types some may even look different , smell different, taste different. These look like they are very stabilized and I think it's simply the difference in soil mediums. Good luck man!

Back
Top Bottom