Newbie in need of some light shedding on this problem

Ask and you shall receive :) Here's my best.... and my worst!

I see the tip burn on the good one. That's a good thing, but a bit early. When I'm using bottled ferts I like to see a little tip burn because it tells me what the strain can handle. Only thing is I like to do that with much bigger plants. Meh, bigger plants bigger problems. Anyway. Just back it off a bit on that one. Now, you have an idea what'll burn her, now back it down next time. And use water in between. Ideally you should water in between feedings. Once you get more comfortable with that strain, your medium, and the ferts, you can do more feedings and less waterings.

That other one has hope but she's leggy and may need a support. Let it dry out.

Let them both dry out.

Thanks for the pics. Be patient and read a lot. ;)

Cheers for even more info bud :) 1 final thing, the books I read and videos says to use nutes when feeding, as in give 2-3 lower but constant feeds per week so that it uses it up and then gets more in a few days, as opposed to 1 big feed & 1-2 waterings, unless problems arise and in that case lower the feed ppm or if still not good, flush. Or are those kind of things you would find in a 'Growing for dummies' book? :D

Another thing that could be taking out or slowing down seedlings is fungus gnats. You might see the adults flying around or not, but the larvae may be on the roots munching hard. Should always get Stratiolaelaps scimitus introduced to the crop right at propagation which will mean no fungus gnats for the life of the crop, as well as 80% reduction in thrips, no chance of root aphids, springtails, etc. Pretty amazing beneficial mite. There is some produced in Canada and sold on Amazon.ca.

Back
Top Bottom