Newbie to inside growing...Killing Seedlings, Please Help

IMG_20131014_142055_305.jpg

This is a picture of my box with all four plants (3 autos and the NL Fem). Now I have 9 lights going and the temps are starting to run in the 79F-82F range constantly with humidity around 52-58rH. All of the lights are the 26W 6500K cfl's and are around 2"-3" away from the plants. I know they say if you can leave your hand there without it being too hot your ok but it seems warm in there to me. The room temperature stays around 72F outside the box. Will a HPS/MH with the cool tube and fan solve this? Look at the second photo and tell me what you think. This is a photo of one of the AK-49 auto seedlings. Dont know why this bad spot stretched across the leaf. The other AK and White Widow auto's look a lot better than this one. I put this one in a 2 gallon pot because it's been the weakest of the 3 and I wanted to see how much different the outcome would be from a 2 gallon pot to a 4 gallon pot in the same strain. Also saves me a little space in the room! Well I just need some advice on these temps and the lights. Im on the fence about the 400W HPS/MH cool tube. I guess I just need someone to talk me into it! I dont have any experience with them and my box is 3X3X4, will heat still be an issue? I can get the 6" fan and duct work. Shoot, I can throw a carbon filter in there while Im at it if it will work in the space I have!
IMG_20131014_142250_699.jpg

Get the cool th e dude you won't regret it do you have a way to vent hot air from the light outside or to another room

The room outside the box is large 24x14. It is air conditioned and kept around 72F. I can vent it to the other end of that and probably outside if I really had to. I think my problem with my box might be that its only 4' tall. I'm also worried about the light and ducting, carbon filter, etc. Fitting in the box! What do you think?

Yes I think that would work fine. I believe my biggest problem is height. 4' seems short especially once I go into flower. Everything says I need 12" from plant with 400watt lights. With pots being 1' tall that only leaves two foot for plants. Maybe I need to add some height to my box too!

Yes I think that would work fine. I believe my biggest problem is height. 4' seems short especially once I go into flower. Everything says I need 12" from plant with 400watt lights. With pots being 1' tall that only leaves two foot for plants. Maybe I need to add some height to my box too!

Do some low stress training. Light looses intensity with distance :)

How much noise can you handle? Fans can be loud.

A quick Google search will help you work out the size of fan for your room. Remember a filter sucks some of the fans power

No one goes in this room but it does border my garage so therefore its close to a well travelled room. Its fully insulated so you can't hear what's going on but I don't know how loud those fans are either. Might need to add a foot and a half the the height and go with a 4" fan and filter. The lights come with a 6" tube but seem to all be wide for my box after you add duct work on each side.

No one goes in this room but it does border my garage so therefore its close to a well travelled room. Its fully insulated so you can't hear what's going on but I don't know how loud those fans are either. Might need to add a foot and a half the the height and go with a 4" fan and filter. The lights come with a 6" tube but seem to all be wide for my box after you add duct work on each side.

If no one goes in the room then I would add as much height etc as you can then measure the room. Work out the volume, then get the correct size fan.

Don't want to be paying for something that's total over kill :)

Your right but even a 4x4x8 room is only like 128 cubic feet. If a 4" fan moves 200 cfm shouldn't that be sufficient? My room is 3x3x-however tall I want to go up. Maybe 2 feet.

Your right but even a 4x4x8 room is only like 128 cubic feet. If a 4" fan moves 200 cfm shouldn't that be sufficient? My room is 3x3x-however tall I want to go up. Maybe 2 feet.

More than enough I would have said, no need to be paying electricity on a 6 inch. Unless you plan on expanding the grow further more in the near future then it may be worth investing in the larger than two in the long run.

4 x 4 x 8 = a cord of firewood :)

Update: The plants seem to be in good shape. I havent ordered a light yet because I'm still undecided on what will work best for me. The cfl's are doing the job for now! Anyway, here is a picture of the NL we have been growing from the start.
IMG_20131020_204443_393-1.jpg

I fimmed her a week ago exactly and now she is really looking good. Ive been watering every other day. The pH is always 7.0 in the runoff. I was giving her 250ppms and the runoff went to 160ppm. I up'd the feeding to 325ppm for the last two feedings and the runoff ppm was 205 Friday and 248 tonight. Double dose of the Rhizo and perfect mix of Canna+A/Canna+B is what she's eating.

Here's another picture of her now that i've started some LST. I dont know a lot about LST but I just used string and run it across the pot and over some lower fan leaves to bend the plant and hold them down as well.
IMG_20131021_243649_777.jpg

How much should I be looking to up my nutes with readings like Im getting? Should I stay again and see if the runoff catches up to what Im putting in? Also is there some other nutes that I should be adding by now other than the Canna a&b? How long should I keep up the double dosage of rhizo while feeding? How long does it normally take to veg a plant in the space that I have?

Rooki my friend you are taking to this like a duck to water.she is looking mighty fine if you want to finish with cfl that is ok but results come with hps in flower personally I use blue cfl for veg and duel spec hps for flower trust me you won't be disappointed if you get a 400 if you get .5 grams per watt you will have over 7 ounces of the best bud you ever smoked (your own bud is allways best)which is easily done .make some holes around the edge of your pot to start tying branches down .
Now for the drop in ec you done the right thing upping the nutes and now the drop from 325 to 250 is ok if you ask me you could still up it a touch but atleast with a little drop you know it's feeding and it's not like your recirculating the nutes .if your not already feeding daily start now good job reps are well deserved here I think

Rooki my friend you are taking to this like a duck to water.she is looking mighty fine if you want to finish with cfl that is ok but results come with hps in flower personally I use blue cfl for veg and duel spec hps for flower trust me you won't be disappointed if you get a 400 if you get .5 grams per watt you will have over 7 ounces of the best bud you ever smoked (your own bud is allways best)which is easily done .make some holes around the edge of your pot to start tying branches down .
Now for the drop in ec you done the right thing upping the nutes and now the drop from 325 to 250 is ok if you ask me you could still up it a touch but atleast with a little drop you know it's feeding and it's not like your recirculating the nutes .if your not already feeding daily start now good job reps are well deserved here I think

Are there any other nutes that I need to order for this grow or the auto flower grow? I have not been feeding but every other day at this point but I'll feed again today and check ppm's.

Morning rooki you don't have to have anything else but a pk booster for flowering wouldn't hurt personally I use advanced nutes big bud for the first few weeks and overdrive for the last couple before flushing they ate on the expensive side but last me a few grows so it works out ok and if you want a bit cheaper but still good plant magic boost or vitalink buddy are both worth the money just stay away from ace of buds and rox there both cash crop snake oil

Back
Top Bottom