Newbie to inside growing...Killing Seedlings, Please Help

Super stuff dude as for lst and fim wait until you got 3 or 4 sets of leaves then top her

If you notice in the picture above from yesterday it has a few good sets leaves already. Also, there are some roots coming out the bottom of this pot now. When I transplant, do I go to my 1 gallon pots or do go into a final size pot like 3 or 4 gallon?

Morning dude how many pairs of leaves have you got with atleast 3 fingers when you get 4 sets so 8 leaves altogether then we top as for the roots at the bottom that's good when them roots hit the side and bottom they will start to send out side roots which will then start to fill the pot the idea is to leave aslong as you can so it will then fill your next pot quicker .now for the lst I would wait till your in your next pot after its recovery from topping then for your next pot it's up to you using a middle pot your lst will have to be undone before you pot up but this will be better in the long run and going straight into the big one easyer to lst but not as good for building the best root system .

So to recap give it a week repot into chosen pot (i would use the middle one then big but upto you and your confidence)give it a couple of days to settle into the new pot top it then as the side branches grow start lst

Plant still looks really healthy and roots are finding their way to the sides of the pot. Its not quite time to water yet but the leaves seem to be curling up like Taco's. Why could this be? Temp is around 75 to 78F. Four 6500k 26w CFL's about 3" away. I don't know!! I've read that Mg deficiency could cause this. Also when I broke some coco off the block to start preparing the larger pots for this guy and the auto flowers I planted, I kept flushing it with 5.8 water but the runoff was always 6.8 or 7. Why is this? This is just like when I checked the runoff of my plant. The pH was 7. I read that the ppm runoff with coco should be about 250ppm's higher than what you put in like mine was. Is this true?

Good morning Rooki dude glad it looks healthy can I have a lights off pic so I can see the leaves and can you tell me the brand of your coco so I can do a little research but it must be buffers added to the coco that is causing ph to rise don't worry it will stop when the roots fill the pot and as for your ppm should be 250 that's not correct all plants are different and some like more food than others .I allways start at 250 and see what happens most of the time it's about right sometimes I up it normally with an indica and a sativa I usually need to lower it but it's a good safe ppm to start at .
Your right about the taco leaves it can be a mg problem but it can also be your fan to close its what the leaves do to retain moisture so it can be humidity aswell so I will need a pic to help on that one

Good morning Rooki dude glad it looks healthy can I have a lights off pic so I can see the leaves and can you tell me the brand of your coco so I can do a little research but it must be buffers added to the coco that is causing ph to rise don't worry it will stop when the roots fill the pot and as for your ppm should be 250 that's not correct all plants are different and some like more food than others .I allways start at 250 and see what happens most of the time it's about right sometimes I up it normally with an indica and a sativa I usually need to lower it but it's a good safe ppm to start at .
Your right about the taco leaves it can be a mg problem but it can also be your fan to close its what the leaves do to retain moisture so it can be humidity aswell so I will need a pic to help on that one

This is a picture from yesterday at it's worst. It's not completely lights out but I pulled it out to the side to take the photo. It is actually a little greener than what the photo shows but not by much. It may be the lights to close or a little to much fan but everything seems normal and the conditions havent really changed since day 1. It's time to water again today and I was wondering if I should go back to around 250 ppm's or stay around 150ppm's like when I watered on Monday? As far as what I was saying about the 250ppm's in my last post, I was saying that I read if your runoff ppm's are around 250 more than what you put in then your looking good. Is that accurate?
IMG_20131009_153107_513.jpg

She's looking good dude but yes go back up on the nutes and start to water every other day aswell now .and the 250ppm higher thing when your ppm rises it means your food is to strong if it goes down it means your plants are feeding nicely in an ideal world it would stay the same this means the plant is eating and drinking at the same rate but until you have a good size root and feeding daily runoff will always rise .to be honest I'm thinking I should of suggested watering more often a couple of days ago .
So ppm 230 to 250 ph 5.8 and water every other day slowly and evenly its looking good dude

She's looking good dude but yes go back up on the nutes and start to water every other day aswell now .and the 250ppm higher thing when your ppm rises it means your food is to strong if it goes down it means your plants are feeding nicely in an ideal world it would stay the same this means the plant is eating and drinking at the same rate but until you have a good size root and feeding daily runoff will always rise .to be honest I'm thinking I should of suggested watering more often a couple of days ago .
So ppm 230 to 250 ph 5.8 and water every other day slowly and evenly its looking good dude

Should I have 10-20% runoff while watering every other day?

OK, I would have thought that watering every other day would be too much but you know more than me! Haha, I trust ya! Thanks dude

This is the thing about coco why it's such a great medium to use you can drench it with water give it half an hour to drain and it will have 30% air 70% water (nutes) it's very hard to overwater with the stuff but you still have to be careful when there small

By the way, General Hydrponics Coco-tek is what I'm using.

Fatty, does the auto flower require 2700k from the start or do you run some 6500k's for the first couple weeks? Or mixed spectrum? Do they run 12/12, 18/6, or 24 hours? What kind of nutes will I need for flowering on the regular girl and the autos? Also do I need to be checking the ppm on the overflow water tonight after feeding? Ph, etc...

My 2 cents would be mixed spectrum. "Blue heavy" than "red heavy" during flower. I wouldnt go 24/0. But I have only grown a few(17/7) and have no substacial data. Donpaul.p grew at 12/12 and did very well under 400wHPS I believe.

I have heard to do a mixed spec spimp. I don't think I've heard to do a mainly blue instead of red. I don't know what's the best to have though.

I have heard to do a mixed spec spimp. I don't think I've heard to do a mainly blue instead of red. I don't know what's the best to have though.
Spimps not wrong rooki mate blue spectrum promotes vegative growth whilst red stimulates flowering .more blue will give you a shorter bush and bigger denser buds from the tighter node spacing whilst all red means taller less leafy stretched buds

IMG_20131012_222458_163.jpg

This is the girl we have been working on for the last two weeks. I just put her in a 2 gallon pot as you suggested instead of the 4 gallon. Do I still need to be watering every other day? Same nutes around 250ppm?

IMG_20131012_222422_799.jpg

This is one of the 3 auto flowers that I have going. I just pulled them out of the burpee tray and planted straight into 4 gallon pots that they'll finish in. What kind of nute and water schedule should they be on now that they have been transplanted? I have all of the plants in a 3'X3'X4' box. 8 26w 6500k Cfl's. Should I look into a 250-400 watt hps cool tube for flower? Need some answers for these fews things if it's not a problem! :thanks:

Hey Rooki, lookin good bro:thumb:. As far as humidity goes, I had a big problem with humidity also, so what I did was went to home depot, bought some pond stones, put some in a aluminum pan (1/2 size) and added water. Now when the lights go off the humidity rises. when the lights come on and I check humidity it's at 80-85. Before stones it was 45-50, so it definitely works. I might be wrong but I believe the humidity is most important when lights are off, when the plants do their growing. Hope this helps.:Namaste: p.s. i agree with fatty, it's ok to veg with cfl's and to even flower with them BUT if you want more buds then switch to the 400 watter if you can if not you can still get decent buds with cfl's. Don't believe me ????? check my sig and look at end results. Good growin dude:thumb:

Hey Rooki, lookin good bro:thumb:. As far as humidity goes, I had a big problem with humidity also, so what I did was went to home depot, bought some pond stones, put some in a aluminum pan (1/2 size) and added water. Now when the lights go off the humidity rises. when the lights come on and I check humidity it's at 80-85. Before stones it was 45-50, so it definitely works. I might be wrong but I believe the humidity is most important when lights are off, when the plants do their growing. Hope this helps.:Namaste: p.s. i agree with fatty, it's ok to veg with cfl's and to even flower with them BUT if you want more buds then switch to the 400 watter if you can if not you can still get decent buds with cfl's. Don't believe me ????? check my sig and look at end results. Good growin dude:thumb:

Thanks man, I'll take any advise I can get. I'm wondering if humidity might have something to do with the leaves curling up or not. Well anyway, their looking pretty good right now. Ready to fem this girl and see how she responds.

Looking good dude first off the auto plants yes use the same mix and water every 3 days until they get a bit bigger and the normal plant every other day with that mix for now .a cool tube is a good idea hps lights will give you more bud at the end I would go 400 watts

You've been the best help ever man. I'm gonna keep this ladies going and you can help me mold them as I go. Everything seems to be coming along nicely! :thumb:

You've been the best help ever man. I'm gonna keep this ladies going and you can help me mold them as I go. Everything seems to be coming along nicely! :thumb:

Honestly my friend this is why I joined I spent years reading and trying things out and now I just want to give some back dont get me wrong here I don't know everything but I will sure stick around and help to the best of my ability

Back
Top Bottom