Newby mistake..any help is appreciated.

nobody1

I have 4 girls in one rubbermaid container and everything went smoothly and im days away from harvest and need to start my flush. Here's the problem. 3 of the girls are at the same stage while one is for some reason a few weeks behind in the flower process. My problems is how do I go about flushing with one still needing nutes? Also, it looks like I wont be able to leave them in darkness for final 36 hours as well with the other one 2 weeks behind. How would you go about doing this? Should I use a particular flushing agent and flush for 3-4 days then harvest 3 and add nutes for the last one? Any suggestions would be appreciated! thanks

So, I'm imagineing from the fact you are using containers you are running an ebb and flo system with a bubbler and basket pots?

No its not an ebb and flow..started out as a drip feed when they were young but now its just dwc with bubblers. I have one 18 gal container that holds 4 girls in 5in net pots.

So, I'm imagineing from the fact you are using containers you are running an ebb and flo system with a bubbler and basket pots?

Hi nobody,

By any chance are you using organic nutrients? If so you might be able to skip the flush altogether without negatively effecting the taste of the buds.

what exactly is the problem, are the roots tangled or something? otherwise im just thinking that when its time to flush, the 3 could just get stood in a bucket of water with a bubbler. plain tap water is often more than enough to flush as long as its not to pure. then that bucket could just get put in a dark closet or something for the few hours the light is still on.

Yes the roots are tangled in the container so separating them would be nearly impossible without destroy some of the roots.

definatly a complex one. I can only recommend that when its time to flush, convert the liquid to pure water for all of them and then foliar feed the one that has more time to go. its going to be very difficult to manage the lighting situation, I can only recommend trying to establish a barrier with fully opaque plastic or cardboard beween the 3 going into dark and the one still needing light. pretty much just a cardboard box with one corner cut out and then disassembled to be reassembled around the plant, you could stick a couple of flowering CFLs in there with it. that's about the best I can come up with, crude but will serve your purposes I think if you can make it work.

definatly a complex one. I can only recommend that when its time to flush, convert the liquid to pure water for all of them and then foliar feed the one that has more time to go. its going to be very difficult to manage the lighting situation, I can only recommend trying to establish a barrier with fully opaque plastic or cardboard beween the 3 going into dark and the one still needing light. pretty much just a cardboard box with one corner cut out and then disassembled to be reassembled around the plant, you could stick a couple of flowering CFLs in there with it. that's about the best I can come up with, crude but will serve your purposes I think if you can make it work.

I was thinking along the same lines but I hadn't thought about the foliar feeding as an option..thanks. If I can manage to separate them with a barrier..I have panda film already which is what I'd most likely use, whats the minimum amount of time I can get away with using just tap water to flush? Keep in mind I'm in an area where the ppm of my tap water is about 550-580. I'd also like to really tell you how much I appreciate you taking the time to respond with your suggestions as noone else really has. Thank you so much.

I could even use the black trash bags as an option to cover the ones going into darkness as well I suppose. Does there need to be a fan blowing for ventilation on the ones in darkness?

I just read some info about foliar feeding and one of the things they say not to do is spray the bud sites. Since Im already into flower this might not work for me because it would be impossible to spray something and not get all the bud sites wet.

Good morning. firstly it is true that you should avoid getting the buds wet, you could cause mold issues and you don't really want to risk raw nutes ending up in a joint. But you only have to manage a week or two and there is nothing stopping you donating an hour a day to the plant to paint the underside of its leaves with a mild nute water, its just a matter of how much your willing to commit to cracking this issue ;)

Secondly, it is vitally important to keep the air flow moving and fresh, a black plastic bag will cause the buds to sweat causing far more risk of molding and rot than a little bit of foliar feeding an hour before lights on ;) the entire volume of air (in this instance it would be the box around your plant, so not huge) must be replaced every 5 mins or better, don't want to suffocate your baby.

Back
Top Bottom