parioh

Hey all, first time poster, and fairly new grower.
I've got five gallon buckets that are working fine for my bigger plants. Previously i had started them out in a fairly shallow, large plastic bin i had cut 6 holes in. But now, i'd like to do away with the holes and do a sort of hydroton 'bed' for my clones. I'm scratching my head on what to use as a large rectangular net pot only about 4.5 inch deep. I figure if all else fails i'll break out a drill and saw and make one.
But i wonder how well it might work to just remove the lid and use flat air stones on the bottom so i can just fill the whole container with Hydroton? The hydroton would be sitting right on top of my airstones, and raise above the water level, so i could just 'plant' my cubed clones into?
Can ya'll help me out with the wisdom of this experiment?

Why not just buy a 5 gal lid with 6-8" netpot built into it? after harvest, cut roots, clean, reuse.

i would not put the hydroton in the res with just the air stone and water. that would make the res change and added nutes a pain. if you cant get net pots and don't want to order them online just go to wallyworld and get 4in or 5in or 6in pots remove the bottom drain thing and drill a bunch of holes in them

They also sell shoe box type totes that would work for what he is trying to do.

Remember,the more hydraton clay that's into contact with the nutrients,the more excess salts it will build up.Makes it harder to clean imo.

Dont cheese out...do it right...quality,quality quality...
IMAG2225.jpg
IMAG24631.jpg
IMAG4030.jpg
IMAG3787.jpg
Hey all, first time poster, and fairly new grower.
I've got five gallon buckets that are working fine for my bigger plants. Previously i had started them out in a fairly shallow, large plastic bin i had cut 6 holes in. But now, i'd like to do away with the holes and do a sort of hydroton 'bed' for my clones. I'm scratching my head on what to use as a large rectangular net pot only about 4.5 inch deep. I figure if all else fails i'll break out a drill and saw and make one.
But i wonder how well it might work to just remove the lid and use flat air stones on the bottom so i can just fill the whole container with Hydroton? The hydroton would be sitting right on top of my airstones, and raise above the water level, so i could just 'plant' my cubed clones into?
Can ya'll help me out with the wisdom of this experiment?

Back
Top Bottom