Noob dood

Herb Dailly

First time grower, looong time consumer here. The name says it all ;)

I'm about 3 weeks into my first grow, some Amnesia Haze in an indoor tent. I've already sought and received advice in the Grow Room and have to say it seems like a nice vibe in here.

Although I'm new to growing I'm pretty into my technology, which has led me to my greatest tool- an always on webcam inside my tent so I can monitor temps etc from anywhere with an Internet connection. All you need is an old android phone, a wifi connection and free software.

If anyone's interested in finding out more, let me know and I'll write it up for you

Edited to show sample shot from cam
Tent_2014-12-04_221531.jpg

Nice one, looking good herb...with this level of surveillance & control there's no excuse to produce anything but top buds!
:tokin:

Thanks, hope hope ;)

I forgot to say anything about myself- I'm from Scotland but I live in Holland now. I don't use it for medicinal purposes officially but it does help with anxiety.

I'm an enthusiast, I've been smoking for many years and have a nice collection of pipes, bongs, vape, holders, you name it.

Nothing I love more than the ingenuity of a human who wants to get high!

I hope I can bring as much as I hope to gain from this forum, tokes to all ;)

Hey Herb :welcome: to :420: I would absolutely be interested what software you use as I have a old galaxy. I wouldn't mind being able to check out my grow and not have to be there. I always think one day in gonna get home late go in and my bulb is gonna be burnt out or something. I bet it is rather distracting at times aswell. I love to just chill in my flower room, if I had a live feed I could see my self getting distracted at times.

Subnoise. yeaman.if your old galaxy phone has wifi. which it should. all you have to do is go on amazon. type in indoor wireless cam. and hey presto 100.s to choes from starting at 20 bucks,, , they all have free software.ie free apps . and thats it. your off.i can sit in a pub and watch my grow,happydays.

To cut a long story as short as possible, I used my old HTC Sensation, held in place by a bicycle handlebar mount for smartphone.

The phone is inside a sunglasses bag with holes cut for power cable and camera to prevent light leaking out during dark. I taped over the flashlight and battery charging LED just in case although probably not necessary.

The app to install is IP Webcam by Pavel Khlebovich, it's available free of charge on Google Play Store.
Included are instructions on how to set up your modem so you can access your stream from home. I advise setting it to run in background and turn the screen off, it should work fine. I also took the SIM card out for security's sake, it broadcasts in my wifi only.

Now that your camera is streaming, you can access it from a Web browser, from another Android device using IP Cam Viewer by Robert Chou and even via XBMC if you're familiar with it.

Attached is a photo of my tablet zoomed in on the temps, sitting next to the TV. Max convenience ;)

Hope this all makes sense, let me know if you need anything padded out ;)
2014-12-05_01_29_08.jpg

:welcome: Herb Daily! Great to have you with us at the number 1 site for cannabis awareness! You seem like you have it pretty much together. I would recommend starting a grow journal so that our most experienced growers can find your grow and offer assistance. Also, there are some links below in my signature that may be of use. Good luck! :peace:

Back
Top Bottom