Noob Question alert!

Ir0nlung

I am just wondering how long it will take for a plant to grow from seed to harvest? Just so I can plan when the best time is to start my grow. Thanks in advance. :thumb:

I am just wondering how long it will take for a plant to grow from seed to harvest? Just so I can plan when the best time is to start my grow. Thanks in advance. :thumb:
First what strain or strains are you going to grow? For example: I am growing OG Kush and the approx flower time is 60 days. That is just kind of the baseline from the start of flower. If you grow from seed the time I have estimated about 4-5 months. I will let my babies veg for 6-8 weeks then flip the lights 12/12. During veg I run the lights 18/6. This is only how I choose to run my grow. Some people choose a 4 week veg then flip lights 12/12, but the plant wont flower until it's mature enough to flower. About 4-6 weeks from sprout. All of the strains I am growing have an approx 60 day flower time with the exception of my Blue Dream which has a approx 70-75 day flower of which she will be sent to flower about 1 week before the rest (I have a small veg box she will be in when I flip her 12/12)so everyone will finish about the same time. By the way welcome. .

Kush Girl keeping it green from seed. New babies (growing from seed)

Seed germination at best 48 hours to a few days or several but may take longer depending on ideal conditions or method used.

Vegging on average 6 to 8 weeks, i normally go on size of plant at end veg & expected stretch once in flowering to deal with height limitations etc.

Flowering well that depends on strain grown indica vs sativa dominate genetics or hybrids which most are these days, i'll say on average 8 to 10 weeks.

Plus drying 'n' curing time.

It is an easy 5 to 6 month turn around per single grow that is when you start looking at a perpetual garden to keep ya in the meds :thumb:

Of course, you could do autoflowers, which carry claims of seed to harvest of 8-10 weeks in total. I've had them go 14 though. Any they are fussy IMHO, easier to shock, and not recommended to transplant.
I'd go with a photoperiod strain if you are new, much hardier plant, you can up pot as much as needed and IME you get bigger yields. Are you growing one or a few? I'd also advise feminised seeds, you don't want to be unlucky and get a load of males!
Good Luck :thumb:

Thank you very much every one. I am going to grow feminized Northern light. I would have started already but I am waiting because we are planning on getting a wood burning stove installed in our house and I dont want the builder to find my garden. He probably wont be out to April or so and that would mean Id be right at the flowering stage of my grow and if I have to turn my fan and lights of at that stage it would be pointless.

Back
Top Bottom