StonerChic

Hey guys first off, I hope I'm posting this in the right area I'm still learning how to use the site. Antiways... obviously I am a noob to growing and right now I am about to place my seeds in soil..... and I have seen 1000000 things to do directly after but I need a sure answer this one guy covered his with aluminum foil... and just 2 or 3 days later he had a lil sprout. But his video didn't go into detail enough for me. So I need to know what lights to use in what stage. And also I don't really have a grow space but I've heard that as long as you have the right supplies you can grow just about anywhere I was thinking of doing it in the largest corner in my room. So any info in that would be awesome as well. Oh just a side note I have a ball python and his basking light is 60W but I'm guessing that's a lil too low. But he also has a 100w light but I was like that might be entirely to high. But any info to help me out would be greatly appreciated.

You are not ready to plant those seeds. You need to start accumulating equipment.

Start watching some grow videos to begin with.

This one I recommend to people before buying any lights. Almost everyday I see lights setup wrong and this video will help you make the right decision unless you want to go LED. These guys make tons of really great videos so just keep watching them. Also I will paste anther one below that is regular movie length as it is a real movie by one of the most famous growers out there. It explains a lot of stuff a newb would need to know.

You can't grow in the corner of a room. when you go to bloom the plant it must be in 100% darkens for 12 hours a day. Zero light leaks. So you need a grow tent or a grow cabinet or a dedicated room in the house that you cover all windows and doors so it can get truly dark.

Once in bloom the thing will smell up the entire house if it is not on a filter. you can vent it outside with a hose and a good fan if you don't mind your neighbors knowing you are growing.

This is not a house plant. It can't be grown successfully without a few hundred dollars into the lighting. The fan and filter are another 200 bucks. You can do some DIY cabinetry work that you might be good enough to make work for much less but it is a lot of work and may not actually work right if you screw it up.

Building a cabinet can save some cash if you know how to use power tools and have them. My first one was a home depot RTA job that I used sealing tape in every seam and cut in holes for fans both in and out and holes for electrical cords for the lights. then you have to seal them up because you can not have light leaks. You could do that for total of around $300 including a very basic light but not including filtering.

This is a long journey...you wont get there in a short amount of time. You get out what you put in. so unless you spend a good chunk of change you are going to waste those seeds. Good thing is nowa days great modern seed can be had for about $8 a seed online.

Good luck. Watch the long video for sure before doing anything.

Thanks sooooo much I think you saved my babies only 2 of the 3 germinated so it was ok... until I can collect all my supplies my bestie is gonna grow my plants for me... but I'm definitely gonna check out t hose 2 vids. Thanks again

Check ebay and amazon. If you use a small enough space you can buy a fan for less than 100 on amazon and you can get a plain tent on there for about 60 bucks I think. And you can get a 600w hid light kit with a dimmable digital ballast a hood and both my and hps bulbs for less than 100. You can essentially get going for around 300 bucks.

Knowledge and experience are 2 different things. Strive for both and share it with others.

But like village idiot said. Do your research first. Watch the videos, read the grow journals, find the people that are having great success with similar setups to yours and pm them for specific help when needed but don't bother them to find out which light to use for which growth stage. That info is readily available and if you aren't willing to do some of the leg work how can you expect them to.

Knowledge and experience are 2 different things. Strive for both and share it with others.

You are not ready to plant those seeds. You need to start accumulating equipment.

Start watching some grow videos to begin with.

This one I recommend to people before buying any lights. Almost everyday I see lights setup wrong and this video will help you make the right decision unless you want to go LED. These guys make tons of really great videos so just keep watching them. Also I will paste anther one below that is regular movie length as it is a real movie by one of the most famous growers out there. It explains a lot of stuff a newb would need to know.

You can't grow in the corner of a room. when you go to bloom the plant it must be in 100% darkens for 12 hours a day. Zero light leaks. So you need a grow tent or a grow cabinet or a dedicated room in the house that you cover all windows and doors so it can get truly dark.

Once in bloom the thing will smell up the entire house if it is not on a filter. you can vent it outside with a hose and a good fan if you don't mind your neighbors knowing you are growing.

This is not a house plant. It can't be grown successfully without a few hundred dollars into the lighting. The fan and filter are another 200 bucks. You can do some DIY cabinetry work that you might be good enough to make work for much less but it is a lot of work and may not actually work right if you screw it up.

Building a cabinet can save some cash if you know how to use power tools and have them. My first one was a home depot RTA job that I used sealing tape in every seam and cut in holes for fans both in and out and holes for electrical cords for the lights. then you have to seal them up because you can not have light leaks. You could do that for total of around $300 including a very basic light but not including filtering.

This is a long journey...you wont get there in a short amount of time. You get out what you put in. so unless you spend a good chunk of change you are going to waste those seeds. Good thing is nowa days great modern seed can be had for about $8 a seed online.

Good luck. Watch the long video for sure before doing anything.

I see you made use of the link I posted a few days ago. I hope he watches it, I found it extremely helpful.

I was just being lazy. Anyone who knows anything about cannabis knows Jorge is the number 2 most reliable best source out there. Anything he publishes is important for newbs. You had the most recent link posted I could recall so I took that.

He has a ton of videos out there so getting the name in front of newbs is important. Actually both Jorge and Monster Gardens have tons of very good videos for people not inclined to read a books.

I was just being lazy. Anyone who knows anything about cannabis knows Jorge is the number 2 most reliable best source out there. Anything he publishes is important for newbs. You had the most recent link posted I could recall so I took that.

He has a ton of videos out there so getting the name in front of newbs is important. Actually both Jorge and Monster Gardens have tons of very good videos for people not inclined to read a books.
Hey that's great. I'm just glad, even if it was only by making something more convenient, that I was able to contribute in some way to this awesome community.

Omg you don't understand how happy you just made me I was like I'm never gonna have enough money to get all this stuff I'm gonna waiting another year to start growing just by trying to get all the right stuff but thanks so much for this.. it calmed me down lol Happy smoking/growing I'll definitely be hitting you up for more advice if that's cool

That's fine with me but I am also a first time grower. I may be able to share what I have learned or at least point towards someone who does know.

Here are some links for some of the supplies.

Hydro Crunch 4" Inline Fan & 4" Carbon Filter Combo - - Amazon

1666926583017.png

4in Carbon filter and fan combo

Amazon: grow tent

Many options for tents

600 Watt 600W Dimmable HPS MH Grow Light System Set Kit

Lighting kit

Back
Top Bottom