Northern Lights does not flower

cheesecheese

Hi guys,

I have a problem with northern lights (auto) in my cabinet. They are not flowering!
Here is the background.
  • Cabinet space is 90cm by 90cm.
  • 20 lt soil for each plant. 5 plants -> 2 white widow (auto) + 3 northern lights
  • White widows are from sensiseeds, northern lights are from greenhouse seeds co.
  • I use 300 W LED lamp at 2700 K.
  • 7 weeks ended. I'm planning to harvest them at the end of 10th week as suggested in the website. After the end of 2nd week I flushed them all and started 12h/12h lights.
  • Now I water plants every 3 days with 2 lt of water with fertilizers from greenhouse.
  • I use those orange color short flowering powder fertilizers.
  • There are computer fans on top of 6 LEDs to cool the LED's down to increase lightning efficiency. These fans also circulate the air inside.
  • There is a duct fan with air flow rate of 160m3/h connected to carbon filter. This sucks the air out of the cabinet. Duct fan starts running with the lights and runs for 5 hours after lights turn off.
  • There is no inlet fan but there is a small opening in the cabinet which is located near an open window. So when the duct fan is running, cabinet squeezes because of vacuum. So I think fresh air is supplied to the plants.
  • Humidity is around 40% right now.

Here is the picture of the cabinet:party:

IMG_241422.JPG

And this is the layout of the plants;

This is my 4th grow, the leaves look and feel very healthy. The stem of the plants looks like this in size;

IMG_241729.JPG

So far I didn't notice anything adverse on the plants other than small yellowish coloring problems of the leaves during vegetation stage but these are now gone.

Both white widows started blooming 2 weeks ago. They look like this:slide:
IMG_241524.JPG

But the all three northern lights did not started flowering :rollingeyes:
IMG_241821.JPG

WW stopped growing but NL is still getting closer and closer to the lights.
I have two guesses for the major problem,
  • Wrong fertilizer as I used grow and short flowering fertilizers of greenhouse so far.
  • The seeds are not auto flower somehow?
Should I remove these NL from cabinet to open more sapce for WW?
Should I wait till they bloom properly even if they don't after 10 weeks?
Any other suggestion?

Cheers guys!:grinjoint:
cheesecheese

Re: Northern lights does not flower :(

Patience my friend. How long were they in veg? 2 weeks? How long have they been in flowering? 7 weeks or 5? :cheer:

Thanks Calvados, I turned from 18/6 to 12/12 in the 2nd week. Now, it is the end of the 8th week they are in flowering lights for 6 weeks.

As an update, I changed the layout of the plants and took two WW side by side, concentrated the light on them. Sadly, NLs are seeing less light now. Also trimmed the NLs for the fourth time to open more space for WWs. Hope this thing does not affect WWs badly.

That's a good idea. It sounds like they don't know what time it is. I did the same with the plants I'm growing now. The stragglers eventually started flowering. I bet yours will as well. Some take longer than others.

Back
Top Bottom