When to start seedlings in Greenhouse using natural light?

Nice green house & loving the vertical set up very nice :thumb:

Ok you got the pic's in your gallery... once you enter into make a reply you get a list of icons in the top bar, go to the far right hand side & it is the third icon in a little camera pic click on it to link picks from gallery & each pic you wish link.

Just in case ya can not find them at first ? it would depend on which gallery section the pic's where down loaded into so a lil look around may help i'm pretty sure it will be straight forward.

I'm very happy you have found info useful & that others have chimed in as well to which your existing green finger skills will surely make excellent work at the task in hand :green_heart:

It would be an interesting journal if you so wish to keep one as it is not every day one see's GH like that !

I'm a tent person myself.

PICT000658.JPG

As much as i love to grow out doors my hard alkaline soil would take some serious amendments to improve PH value & if i could grow in a GH i think my neighbours would be a problem god damn middle terraced house ah !

A couple of years ago I grew 2 rows of standard phot periods horizontally under low tunnels. Great harvest totally undercover greenhouse quality buds. Lots of pruning to keep fan leaves from pressing against the sides and to constantly keep the leaders pinned to the ground using Vs of spring steel. But alot of fun

Sent from my SM-G930V using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Mine were 2 ft off of the raised bed. I made a raised bed with my plastic layer 3 ft wide and laid 4ft black plastic over it. Under the plastic I laid some irrigation tape. Over the bed you bend spring steel hoops that are like fairly thick wire. Over the hoops went opaque white plastic that have very small ventilation holes like every inch or two. I planted young transplants onto the plastic every 18 inches. I kept them growing horizontally by taking more spring steel and cutting 12 inch lengths with a power saw. Then bent those wires into a V and used them as pins by placing over the stems and pushing them down into the soil. They grew aggressively and looked like a watermelon bed. I had to keep the leaves off the plastic because there is no mistaking those big fan leaves pressing against the tunnel sides! Best of luck in all you grow

Wow, never thought that possible. So the main body ran horizontal and the arms went vertical? i like the idea of irrigation tape, but I'll be growing in wicking beds within the GH. Also I have about 10' headroom to utilize. I have access to worm castings and plan on using them. I'll search on this site to see if there is a thread on that as well. The last thought on the leaves pressing on the plastic is what I thought! We don't get many visitors where our secondary GH is except the UPS man...but still might keep it trimmed and off the poly.

Yep. I started using the pinning down horizontal grow in fench rows . Then gradually I began to grow some plants just under the edge of the raised benches in my propagation greenhouse. 72 ft south facing. It worked great. Then we did some around the rows of the plastic wrapped round hay bales that you see lined up. It worked great there too.

Its really no different than low stress training. Start with transplants in 4 to six inch pots. About a week before transplanting...Water them well...lay out some 2x4s flat on the ground....then lay the pots on their sides with the lip kept off of the ground by the 2x4. A week later the plants will bestretch to the sky. Now stand up the pots and transplant the plants. Now the plant is growing horizontally with the ground. Use your wires to keep the branches pinned that way as the grow. Some plants will have 30 plus pins by the end of the season. Fun stuff

Great idea. We use cattle fencing panels (4x 16' @ Tractor Supply $20) which make great trellis' for tomatoes in the GH. I hang them from the upper supports and then train the tomatoes up into them. Never thought it would be applicable to cannabis. We use them the same way for cucumbers about 6" off the poly in the summer GH. The cukes love the direct sun/heat and it naturally cools down the GH as well.

All this is new to me for cannabis. They just legalized recreational cultivation in Maine and I figured why the hell not? By law we are allowed 1) 6 flowering plants 2) 12 mature plants 3) limited seedlings...at any/all times. The law also allows you to give away up to 2.5 oz to anyone over 21 as long as you are not remunerated. We have a small rental cottage on the farm and figured we'd be getting some cannabis tourism. Law doesn't say you can't sell a dozen eggs for $50 (wink wink).

As a follow up to this thread, I had no issues with plants in the temp range of 40-100F. Currently have lights running inside an insulated box in same greenhouse. Outside temps in the single digits, inside GH temps in the high 20F's and inside insulated box ranging from 70-90F (depending on sunny or cloudy days heating up GH).

Back
Top Bottom