Northern Lights First PC Grow

johnbiets

Hi everyone this is my first grow ever so any help and info will be greatly appreciated.

The details.....
Soil - canna terra professional mixed with 30% perlite
Light 125 w cfl
Strain - northern lights
Ph in 6.8
Ph out- 6.2
Temp - between 26 &29
Humidity- 50%
Nuts - biobizz grow bloom and topmax calmag plus
In veg - just finished her 2 weeks
My rig- pc case lengt 54 cm height 54 cm wide 24 cm
3 pc fans size 140 mm, 2 intake 1 outtake
Buddy pro carbon filter
Then I've got a 5" black orched axial fan rated at 205m/h that's in the ducking

image25317.jpg
image25317.jpg
image25316.jpg
image25315.jpg
image25313.jpg
image25314.jpg

She's been on water for the whole 2 weeks, however I've noticed so calcium deficiency on the middle leaves , or I hope it is so she's getting her first feed. 1 ml biobizz grow and 1 ml sense calmag plus mixed in 2 l bottle.
If anyone can give me a input if I'm on the right track will be great...

Thanks daddymac210 hopefully she going to be ok... My first go testing the cab i ran into some serious heat issues, avr about 35 to38 decrease, however after loads of tinkering I have it where it's mo,
I've also just bought a co2 can lol know it might be over kill but hey I want to see what it does then compare it to my next grow with out it.

Start week 3 veg

image25321.jpg

So start of week 3 veg, I've also added a co2 canister. I know it might be over kill buy got give it for free by my local hydro store...
Shes also started loos her green colour at the bottom so I think she need a good feed.
I've mixed 2.5 ml biobizz grow and 2 ml sense calmag plus.
I've there's any thin you guys think pleas let me know:thumb:

At what stage can you take the fan leaves of? I've topped her on the 3 rd node.
I want to expose the branches that's blocked.

20150519_201813.jpg
20150519_201806.jpg

So as no body gave me any iideas I whent ahead and trimmed the old fan leaves and wow has she grown.
Both girls got fed some clean water, ph7 in run of Ph6.5 I this spot on or is there any thing I need to watch out for? The girl on the right is a auto I've got growing along side the northern lights she will be chopped down end of the week. Will keep u guys posted. ...

20150521_210747.jpg

So Week 3 and 4 days on veg...she's also had a feed
Bio Bizz grow 2ml and cal mag plus 11ml mixed In 1.5l bottle.
Ph in 6.3
Ph out 6.3
EC in 1.
EC out 1.1 I'm not to sure what this means am I feeding her to much? ? Any input will be great guys please.
Also started some lst to night so she's all tided down.
How long do you guys reckon she needs to VeG ?
I want to squeeze as much out of this as possible.
Will Keep it updated this wweekend also chopping the auto tomorrow I'm leaving her outside to night. It's fairly cold, so hopefully she will reward me with some more frost.....

Ph in 6.3
Ph out 6.3

That's pretty good :)

EC in 1.
EC out 1.1

Also good. It simply means there are more nutrients in the soil than there are in the water you just poured in. It is not a measurement of how much nutrients your plant can take. For that you need to carefully monitor the foliage for nutrient burns. But as long as the plant looks healthy and green there is no need for you to increase dosage.

Thanks for the reply dude. Lst I did last night seems to do the trick,she responded really well and seems to be growing fast. Do u guys recon veg for 1 more week then flup?

Considering the height of your grow box then sure, absolutely, put her into flowering a week from now. She will strech a lot once the 12/12 lighting period starts. I would not start yanking out fan leaves until 3 week of flowering (start counting from when you first see pistils) and only if it is needed. After that I would leave the plant alone for another 5 weeks, until harvest. You want to minimize the stress you put on your plants, if you are interested in an early harvest. Good luck!

Carefully choosing the right time and intentionally stunting the plant to control height, by removing foilage, is not unheard of though.

20150525_113230.jpg
20150525_113051.jpg

So start of week 4 and things are looking good... I've fed her some nutes, it's then that I've noticed my New grow started to go slightly yellow at the end tips.
Everything else seems fine I'll keep a check on that don't know if it's early stage of nute burn starting...
As you can see lst made everything much wider I've now got almost even canopy of 8 main cola sites.
I've also started the switch to flower, she's been on for 18/6 I'll gradually reduce the lights on time by 1.5 hours a day till I get to 12 then 2 days of darkness then bang 12/12. Read this in a forum somewhere thought I'll give it a try. Please guys let me know what you think so far also a look at the yellowing your thoughts will be greatly appreciated.

looking good, I would just switch to 12/12 it works, ???how close is your light now ,just wondering how much space you have before it gets within a few inches of the light

Has any body on here read the article in hightimes "growers tips "?
In there some well regarded grower suggests once you flip you keep on feeding grow nutes till u c the first signs on flower then switch to bloom nutes... anyone trieded this?

Thanks greenlungs420 she's been a trail and error project. But in happy with it, it's getting into Sumer over in the UK so I think on hot days I might have some heat issues.. but for now fingers crosses everything is going ok

20150526_195358.jpg
20150525_113051.jpg
20150526_195224.jpg
20150526_195421.jpg

Week 4 and 2 days
So I've decided to switch her strait to 12/12 today... she had complete darkness since 7 this morning and it's 8pm now with the start of flower.I've also changed my lights to 2700k. As you guys can see she's very perperky however as I predicted I've over fed her, u can just about c it on the photo I've also have just 1 leave with yellow spot on. (Any advice about that will be great please)
So what did I do to fix it....hopefully...
Flushed with ph 6.9 in
Run of ph 6.6
I've also checked the EC that was at 0.6
I've fed her grow nutes last night flushed today I will let her dry out then start low dose oF biobizz bloom and topmax... is this the way to do it??

Back
Top Bottom