Not looking great, need some help

Steveador

420 Member
Flowerbomb kush, grown in soil. 1000w full spec LED, pH is around 6.5, currently in veg state. It's been given one half strength watering of 5N-2P-2K, and one watering with Cl-Mg in the 2 weeks it's been growing. Temp is around 78F with 40-45% RH. Something seemed off since the plant sprouted, and I cant seem to correct it. The new growth is yellow and a bit twisted. The plant is super short and bushy, with 5 nodes in under 3 inches. I had 5 seeds and only one made it to seedling, could it just be bad genetics? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• 20191012_093251.jpg
    20191012_093251.jpg
    402.9 KB · Views: 56
  • 20191012_093237.jpg
    20191012_093237.jpg
    368.2 KB · Views: 51
That could be a phytovirus - looks like it came with the seeds. Contact your seed vendor with these pics and ask for a refund or replacement seeds. I'd go with a different breeder.

This is becoming more and more common - the phytovirus. Sometimes called purple disease. It affects the new growth like in your pics. Usually plants get the virus from a vector insect like we do with tics. The virus can be passed along in the seed as well. This is what it looks like happened to your seeds.

Some breeders don't understand that viruses can be passed along with seeds.

Those plants need to be culled and tossed in the garbage or burned.

My Advice going forward:
Stop trying to fix problems with chemicals and fertilizer.
This is a weed - it grows pretty good with minimal effort on your part.
Adding cal mag and fertilizer to a plant that is 2 weeks old you're lucky its still alive. There's a difference in growing with soil and growing with a soil-less medium. They are not the same thing pretty much the opposite.

If you have an outdoor garden, grow like you do there just indoors in a container. Don't get caught up in all the fertilizers this and that is the only way to grow. It is not.

Feed the soil, the soil feeds the plant. It's been a thing for a long time.

Feeding plants - thats new with the invention of cannabis in the late 20th century.

Bobrown14, Makes sense. I uses to grow as a kid with no knowledge, except seed+soil+water+light=weed, and I had great results. Now it's just overwhelming, with all the fertilizers and additives. Think I might cut my losses and try again, and keep it simple. Thanks for the respond.

Back
Top Bottom