What’s going on with these plants? I really need some help

OMGReptar

I’ve got a few different symptoms going on with 2 of my plants. Both are the same strain and being treated the same. Both photoperiod.

Medium: Happy Frog soil
Water: tap, ph is around 7.4 and ppm about 90.
Light: 300 watt LED, 24” away
Grow area: 2x4x7 tent
Temp: 25C (78F)
Humidity: 65%
Conditions: 1 non-oscillating fan

They’re on day 14. I just watered them completely for the 2nd time yesterday. I went 4 days in between watering. I do not pH my water as I was told that it isn’t necessary as long as I wasn’t adding any nutes (which I’m not at this time).

There is one non-oscillating fan blowing on them. I’ve got the fan hopefully far enough away so that the fact it doesn’t oscillate won’t hurt (but it could still be!).

Temp was at 80-82F and light down to 20 inches, but I moved it down to 78F and pushed the light up to 24”. Humidity was about 80%, but now it’s down to about 65%.

In photo A-1, the leaf closest to the top of the screen has 5 fingers (3 prominent, 2 still growing), but it’s other half only has three. Why wouldn’t there be the same number of fingers?

In photo A-2, that same 3 finger leaf that’s missing its other two fingers is shown curling downwards.

In B-1, this plant is showing leaves that are taco-ing. While B-2 shows that they are also curling downwards like plant A.

in B-3, it shows weird coloring where it seems like the edges of the leaves are lighter.

I’m in Happy Frog soil and allI do is water them. I don’t pH adjust the water, I don’t add nutes yet. I try to water when it’s dry. I’m just a little frustrated because I’m not sure what’s causing the issues.

Attachments

• E50C4572-67FF-446D-BA89-5CE5E507C00A.jpeg
    E50C4572-67FF-446D-BA89-5CE5E507C00A.jpeg
    855.4 KB · Views: 78
  • 60C9834F-0EDD-49E8-A056-43BD6A1C5590.jpeg
    60C9834F-0EDD-49E8-A056-43BD6A1C5590.jpeg
    499.9 KB · Views: 87
  • BBF4A3F9-5034-4AF4-A0CA-41E22A821C18.jpeg
    BBF4A3F9-5034-4AF4-A0CA-41E22A821C18.jpeg
    544.1 KB · Views: 83
  • BD782882-E355-42B0-ACCE-25386CDAB9BC.jpeg
    BD782882-E355-42B0-ACCE-25386CDAB9BC.jpeg
    462.3 KB · Views: 73
  • 3D35831B-6773-468F-9449-B75308FB56ED.jpeg
    3D35831B-6773-468F-9449-B75308FB56ED.jpeg
    979.3 KB · Views: 76
Different phenos account for a lot. Even if all your seeds came from the very same pack or pulled from the same bud.... those seeds do not produce identical plants. The taco plant is getting too much heat or light while the others are ok. Raise your light fixture. They may need a little cal mag added to water, soil looks very wet. Don’t water every other day or every 3rd day, wait for slight wilt. Don’t water to runoff every time. Yes we know about hydro but soil grown weed does not like wet feet. When top of soil is dry the bottom is not. Hold 1 container up in the air at a 45 degree angle, support it so the dirt doesn’t fall out. She will pee about 5 or 10 drops of water after a minute or two, you just helped her breathe a little better there.

as always don’t just run with this - wait to get more opinions!

Different phenos account for a lot. Even if all your seeds came from the very same pack or pulled from the same bud.... those seeds do not produce identical plants. The taco plant is getting too much heat or light while the others are ok. Raise your light fixture. They may need a little cal mag added to water, soil looks very wet. Don’t water every other day or every 3rd day, wait for slight wilt. Don’t water to runoff every time. Yes we know about hydro but soil grown weed does not like wet feet. When top of soil is dry the bottom is not. Hold 1 container up in the air at a 45 degree angle, support it so the dirt doesn’t fall out. She will pee about 5 or 10 drops of water after a minute or two, you just helped her breathe a little better there.

as always don’t just run with this - wait to get more opinions!
Got it, I’m not sure what’s causing the drooping leaves because I’ve only watered twice and I waited 4 days in between (also the pot felt really light). That tip of holding it at a 45 degree angle is really good. I’ll try that. Even though the pots felt really light, I wasn’t sure if the very bottom of the soil was holding water. I tried pushing my finger in the drain holes at the bottom, but it didn’t seem like any moisture. Do you think my non-oscillating fan may be an issue?
Also, I did recently (past 2 days) raise my light up from 20 inches to 24 inches. Will the taco-ing leaves flatten back out on their own?

Every container of soil that has been watered holds water in suspension, it’s called the perched water table. Tilting her will drain some of that. Did you read Emilya’s articles on how to water a potted plant? Everyone needs that tech. Yes when top is dry bottom is still wet. Watch for slight wilt of leaves, then wait 1/2 day to recheck. Even if fully wilted they usually rebound. Good on raising light, sometimes slightly damaged leaves will recover x other times they don’t. But all leaves are transpiration device, solar panel & nute storage. Leave damaged leaves in place to continue working for now. Fan sounds ok but move it yourself, point at one side wall today, move to other side tomorrow.Do you have some cal -mag. Don’t give it now but wait for soil to dry 3 to 5 days and watch for wilt. Don’t water a wet soil.

You've got this OMG!

I'd get it out of that cup and into at least a 5 gallon fabric pot if you're going to bottle feed and 15+ gallon fabric if you're trying organic.

If its 80 degrees, got a fan blowing, and soil is even remotely aerated enough then watering just twice in 14 days in a small cup is pretty suspect.
I'd transplant into well aerated soil in a fabric pot and water thoroughly.
Oxygenate the water if you can

Every container of soil that has been watered holds water in suspension, it’s called the perched water table. Tilting her will drain some of that. Did you read Emilya’s articles on how to water a potted plant? Everyone needs that tech. Yes when top is dry bottom is still wet. Watch for slight wilt of leaves, then wait 1/2 day to recheck. Even if fully wilted they usually rebound. Good on raising light, sometimes slightly damaged leaves will recover x other times they don’t. But all leaves are transpiration device, solar panel & nute storage. Leave damaged leaves in place to continue working for now. Fan sounds ok but move it yourself, point at one side wall today, move to other side tomorrow.Do you have some cal -mag. Don’t give it now but wait for soil to dry 3 to 5 days and watch for wilt. Don’t water a wet soil.

You've got this OMG!
Yeah, the leaves were drooping when I watered them after 4 days. But they must have been drooping for another reason because they just kept drooping even after I watered. I have read the watering technique (you actually sent it to me in a PM a few days ago). I’ll try the technique you mentioned with the fan because right now it’s just blowing on them directly.

I'd get it out of that cup and into at least a 5 gallon fabric pot if you're going to bottle feed and 15+ gallon fabric if you're trying organic.

If its 80 degrees, got a fan blowing, and soil is even remotely aerated enough then watering just twice in 14 days is pretty suspect.
I'd transplant into well aerated soil in a fabric pot and water thoroughly.
Oxygenate the water if you can
Most of the advice I received was to wait 1 week and then up-pot. I was watering prior, but I was only keeping the top soil moist for the first 8 days or so.

When I up-pot, I plan to go to a 1 gallon pot and then later on into 3 or 5 gallon (I have t decided which yet).

@013
Ya know, you say your new to growing. If you are, you have done a ton of reading. ;) Otherwise just an overall knowledgeable grower for only a few grows under you belt. Plus you are always here and helpful. You are a rock star, sir.

Follow dudes advice by pointing that fan at the wall. These plants don't like direct air from a fan constantly. It will cause wind burn that could potentially look like any thing short of deficiencies

I always do things pretty much exactly the opposite of what most on here recommend, but I grow 100% organic in soil with a proper soil tilth so I don't have to play water roulette, I just water damn near every day.

I just transplanted two plants a few hours ago from solo cups that size, they were 10 days old and roots pretty much filled that cup.
3+ weeks in a small cup is stretching it.

So sounds like you're going to bottle feed.
I am sure several in here will get you set right up.

I always do things pretty much exactly the opposite of what most on here recommend, but I grow 100% organic in soil with a proper soil tilth so I don't have to play water roulette, I just water damn near every day.

I just transplanted two plants a few hours ago from solo cups that size, they were 10 days old and roots pretty much filled that cup.
3+ weeks in a small cup is stretching it.

So sounds like you're going to bottle feed.
I am sure several in here will get you set right up.
I’m definitely not opposed to trying different grow techniques. It’s just when I researched how to do this stuff, this is the technique that I prepared for. I already bought all the nutes and supplies and stuff, but I’ll definitely try other techniques after this grow. Thanks for the advice!

Back
Top Bottom