Not my first grow - But my first organic grow in the ground

Yaggi

Sup folks!
I posted this in the photos of plant and bud forum and thinkin maybe I should post it here to get a lil more help with my babies. Maybe there's not much wrong with them and people are just admiring without comment, but I'm definitely lookin for pointers to protect my ladies for the rest of flowering, and help them be full and sticky and smelly and as beautiful as they can be. Any advice or criticism is welcome here! Thanks

My mystery babies!

My goal was just to have a successful organic grow for the first time, since the 2 prior years I tried growing I used things like miracle-gro and whatever else was layin around my parents house. I will say I kinda wanted to have ganja trees instead of little potted plants or anything. I felt like I wanted to see the plant grow the way it would without much human intervention, but I wanted to give it at least the opportunity to survive in what is possibly a climate very different from where it originated(50% chance it is from Jamaica). I'd like to try to get the best yield, but I don't want to compromise my general strategy(which was kinda whimsical) to only use what I already had available to me. I'm pretty broke so being resourceful goes a long way.

I started out with some organic potting soil, and eventually dug them into the ground which is naturally sandy and has some clay.

I have a 10x loupe that I use to look at the trichomes and there's a couple amber ones scattered around on the smallest plant, but i'd certainly like to hear anyone elses opinion on when to harvest. Even though this is technically my 3rd grow, I still consider myself quite an amateur, since it's been so long since my last grow and it's my first organic grow.

The big girl is really lookin nice, the pistils are purple and i'm excited to see how they will look when more mature.

I also have a couple pics of the plant I tried to do some LST to, it's slightly behind the big one so the flowers are less developed.

The baby is almost ready I think, but I want to give it at least 24 more hours to dry out since I watered very lightly this morning. Maybe tomorrow morning or the following morning i'll get her washed and ready to hang up. Between a bad rain storm and some wind theres a lot of specks of dirt on the bud of the little baby, so after reading about Doc Buds' bud washing technique I thought i'd give that a whirl, since this small plant that is very low to the ground is the only one that was really affected by the dirt.

Do any of these plants look familiar to anyone?
Do they look like they're all the same strain?
Do any of them look close to ready for harvest?
Is there anything noticable that i'm doing wrong, or could be doing better?

IMG_070629.JPG
IMG_071031.JPG
IMG_071130.JPG
IMG_070727.JPG
IMG_070439.JPG
IMG_070534.JPG
IMG_070833.JPG
IMG_071433.JPG
IMG_071734.JPG
IMG_072127.JPG
IMG_073430.JPG
IMG_073532.JPG
IMG_073626.JPG
IMG_073934.JPG
IMG_072234.JPG
IMG_072333.JPG
IMG_072434.JPG
IMG_072529.JPG
IMG_072632.JPG
IMG_072730.JPG
IMG_072834.JPG
IMG_072936.JPG
IMG_073030.JPG
IMG_073129.JPG
IMG_073238.JPG
IMG_073335.JPG

They look pretty sativa to me -- I think it's just about impossible to figure out the exact strain on looks :)

They are beautiful plants, and looking at your plants as a gardener, I think how amazing it would be to be able to plant them openly, not just for the medicine they yield but for the beauty of their foliage. That last pic looks like a Japanese maple!

Yeah, outdoor growing is perfect. Yaggi, you have pretty girls:thumb:

Thanks guys, still waiting on trichomes to start turning amber... I never thought they'd still be growing this late in the year, but I guess it all boils down to the strain, of which i've no clue. Just picked up a nice 20x lens with an LED and got a good look at some of the trichomes, turns out nothing is ready yet! Debating pulling them early because of future weather but i'm playing things by ear for now...

Well I was planning on cutting this plant down yesterday, but it's been making some funny colors and I wanted some other opinions on where I stand with this little lady here. She's approximately 7 weeks into flowering maybe 8 i'm not sure exactly, the darkening of the leaves just started in the last few days.

Should I cut this down today?
Would it harm the plant to let the purple colors take over first, and then cut it?
Is this kind of purple normal/acceptable this late into flower?

IMG_099627.JPG
IMG_099526.JPG
IMG_099429.JPG
IMG_099328.JPG

After doing some research I believe this could be happening because of a Phosphorus lockout due to colder temps at night. It's been getting down into the mid-upper 40's at night here, would that be responsible for this type of coloration?

Back
Top Bottom