Not so much of a ? more a consensus on best option

Canachris

My grow box won't be available for a week to 10 days. My seedlings are getting bounced around from window sill to LED then a couple hours under CFL. Not sure how it's affecting them , they have some curl to the leaves but other than that they seem ok. I get about 9 hrs sun thru the windows, if I give them low level light for the last 2-3 hrs of the day will it trigger flowering ? I'm not concerned about slowing down growth so that's not an issue. Opinions, advice. as always is welcomed

IMG_20240522_062909486.jpg

IMG_20240522_062901729.jpg

My grow box won't be available for a week to 10 days. My seedlings are getting bounced around from window sill to LED then a couple hours under CFL. Not sure how it's affecting them , they have some curl to the leaves but other than that they seem ok. I get about 9 hrs sun thru the windows, if I give them low level light for the last 2-3 hrs of the day will it trigger flowering ? I'm not concerned about slowing down growth so that's not an issue. Opinions, advice. as always is welcomed

IMG_20240522_062909486.jpg

IMG_20240522_062901729.jpg
Good morning Amigo.
Girls look good.
Flowering is initiated by darkness.
Not light.
When your girls are in total darkness they produce a hormone inside that causes them to flower.
It generally takes 12 hours to build up enough of it to convert a girl from veg to flower.
So as long as they don't sit in the dark for 12 straight you will be fine.
Happy growing.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

you're right on the edge. if they are sensitive enough they'll start to flower as long as they are past the fourth node. increasing light hours another 4 - 6 hrs will keep them in veg.

Good morning Amigo.
Girls look good.
Flowering is initiated by darkness.
Not light.
When your girls are in total darkness they produce a hormone inside that causes them to flower.
It generally takes 12 hours to build up enough of it to convert a girl from veg to flower.
So as long as they don't sit in the dark for 12 straight you will be fine.
Happy growing.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎
Thanks Bill, they get low level light, not dark enough for me to need a light on . sunset is at 8 ish and back up at 5 ish so by my math that's ... enough ?

they get low level light, not dark enough for me to need a light on

define "low light ".

i'd keep them lit 24/7 if you are relying on sunlight the rest of day and going outdoor to finish. it's an old old recipe. used to use simple t5's to do it.

your light hours as defined are not enough. you can extend light hours pretty easy. leaving them in a room with t5's for the rest of the day with no dark hours will do it, as long as they get real light during the rest.

Back
Top Bottom