Nute/PH issues

Kip22

Hi all. Hoping for some help on what to do. I'm getting leaves that look like the link below on the lower leaves with red striping on the stems.

https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/phosphorus-deficiency-vegetative.jpg

I'm growing in 2 part Pro mix, 1 part coco, 1 part sea soil. Nutes are earth juice grow originally. Then bloom,cal mag and dolomite lime. I started the cal mag, bloom, and added 1 tablespoon of dolomite to 8 liters of watering solution after they started getting spots and discoloring on the lower leaves about 1.5 weeks ago. I also picked up the hydropharm PH drop testing kit.

My nutes were testing 4 mixed with water fairly weakly so I think that was maybe causing my issue?

General Hydroponics GH1514 Ph Control Kit: Amazon.ca: Patio, Lawn & Garden

I'm using tap water and its testing at 6 after its left in open container overnight. I mixed some soil with this water a and tested again and it comes back 6.5 today. That makes me think the soil is about 6.5 to 7 which should be good now correct?

Please let me know if I'm headed down the wrong path here but I'm thinking the lime may have corrected the soil PH for now?

Should I be PH upping the nutes to 6.5 before adding?

Also how long until I know if I've corrected the issue or if things are gonna get a lot worse.

Thanks!

If I understand your question, always adjust the PH of a feed solution after all nute's have been added.

Thanks MP. Yes I did not start out with the stuff to test or adjust the PH. I read in several places if you were using soil and organic nutes they should take care of PH on their own but oh man that was wrong.

I've been treating all my plants the same way since the beginning so I flushed everything with PH adjusted water (About a 7.0) this morning. Initial runoff was about 4 so I kept going until I was getting a 6.5 runoff on each one. I was WAYYYYYyy out of whack.

In about 3-4 days when that dries out should I stick with just water for a few more times or start with ph adjusted nutes?

Thanks!

In about 3-4 days when that dries out should I stick with just water for a few more times or start with ph adjusted nutes?

Impossible for me to know. I haven't seen a picture of your plants. I don't even know how old they are or anything else about them. I've also never mixed Promix with coco.

IMO, you will get the most meaningful help if you follow the :420: How to ask for grow support guidelines. Otherwise we are guessing.

Back
Top Bottom