Nute Schedules - Trying to understand Fox Farm Nutes and Coco/Perlite Mix

Foodeefish

I'm growing in 75% Coco and 25% Perlite and using Fox Farms

My question is when it says Week #2 --Big Bloom 3 teaspoons and Grow Big Hydro 2 Teaspoons per gallon, does that mean that each time I water I should use this Nutrient Mix? Sometimes I water everyday if the top inch or two is dry.

Should I be using the Nutrient Mix every other watering or each time I water?

Thnx

You're not going to feed a gallon at a time to your plant at first, so you mix up a gallon and feed 1/4 -1/2 gallon at a time everyday with coco, use the rest the next day (unless you have multiple plants)...so yes, you use those directions every feeding. You can probably cut their directions in half...so 1 1/2 tsp=7.5ml gallon Big Bloom, and 1 tsp=5ml gallon Grow Big Hydro.

Feed everyday in coco, do not let it dry out, coco is a passive form of hydroponics, and you want it saturated, as you feed every day you're flushing the medium, replenishing nutrients, and giving oxygen to the roots....later in flower you can feed 2-3 times a day, that's when you would use a gallon total for the 2-3 feeds on a single plant.:)

I just wanted to add what I left out, you feed your plant according to size. You'll use less than a 1/8th gallon for rooted seedling/cuttings, as they grow you will slowly be giving them more nutrient solution (feed water). By the time they are in week 4 of veg you'll be at 1/4-1/2 gallon every feeding (feed once in the morning and check before lights off to see if they need a little more) , and when they are in flower they will need more feedings per day usually 2-3, and using up about 3/4 -1 gallon everyday for one plant.:)

And you'll feed to about 15% runoff, if they are big and drinking a lot everyday you may not get 15% runoff, but shoot for that.

I have been trying to understand why my plants seem healthy but so small i wonder if this is why...
9 weeks veg from seed mostly under 600 watt mh about 12 inches away in 1.5 gallon pot
4 weeks into flower under 1000 watt hps about 15 inches above in 5 gal bucket.

22097.jpg

I am growing in sunshine advanced #4 with mycorrhizae, which is soiless/hydroponic growing medium as well.
Ive been watering like soil and letting it dry out over a few days.
The growth of my plants has been painfully slow and confusing!
most people after 2 months have 3ft x 3ft bushes ready to make pounds :hug:

I have been trying to understand why my plants seem healthy but so small i wonder if this is why...
9 weeks veg from seed mostly under 600 watt mh about 12 inches away in 1.5 gallon pot
4 weeks into flower under 1000 watt hps about 15 inches above in 5 gal bucket.

I am growing in sunshine advanced #4 with mycorrhizae, which is soiless/hydroponic growing medium as well.
Ive been watering like soil and letting it dry out over a few days.
The growth of my plants has been painfully slow and confusing!
most people after 2 months have 3ft x 3ft bushes ready to make pounds :hug:

What did you amend the potting soil with, and/or what nutrients are you feeding?

I just used the "soil" right out of the bag.
After learning it was the same as hydro (no nutrients, ph should be around 6.5)
ive been doing feeding the same as my hydro grows, except watering times like soil.

Fed using label recommended amounts:
I have a 30 gal rubbermaid can i fill and let sit for water, ph is always 5.5 coming out.
Rockwool magic grow & Bloom A&B 4ml A and 4ml B per gallon water.
Botnicare Sweet raw 10ml per gallon
Great white mycorrhizae powder (tiny amount weeks apart each use like 1/8 scoop)

Watered once the tops felt dry and pots were light, about 1 gallon water per 3 gallons soil.
Days pass between feedings like 3-5+ before they are dry again.
Add some wait for it to drink add a little more until it sits at the top without draining.
Once the pots are good weight and appear soaked with minimal runoff i turn to the next plant.

Side note i just thought about,
i vegged 2 purple urkle plants for around the same amount of time (7ish weeks)
under just fluorescents before these in 1.5 gallon pots, they were way bulkier.
same nutes, same water, Except i think i was mixing the nutrients heavier and with less water, watering more often.
something like 1 liter of water with 2ml grow A and 2ml grow B (enough for 1/2 a gallon)
id mix the nutes in a measuring cup and add 2 500ml bottles of water i filled.
without any runoff i dont think. like 1L to 5.5 liters soil.

Unfortunately these plants died week 3 of flower :( due to a series of unfortunate events.
20150829_193836_1_.jpg

maybe i should try stronger feeding with less water.

I'm sort of surprised you can run those lights that close to the canopy. But if they aren't burned...

Did you plant the seeds in those 5 gal pots, or have you been up-potting? That's a lot of real estate for seedlings' roots to fill. The plants are going to work on that part of their growth first.

honestly, it surprises me.
the 1000 watt hps in the flower room is on a light mover with an umbrella hood.
the light mover makes the heat almost non existent.

the 600 watt mh in the veg tent is just hanging from a frame i built over the plants.
people recommend keeping younger plants/cuttings further away from it like 15 inches.
oddly though,
i just took some sad looking clones the other day that were all limp,
leaning over when i put them into the rockwool plugs in the humidity dome like 10 inches away from the 600.
overnight they went from looking like someone stepped on them to upright plants with leaves outstretched!
i put my smallest plants immediately under it and they take off with growth. ill get a picture here in a few.

The plants in the 5 gal buckets were started from seed in 1.5 gallon pots.
i transplanted them into the 5 gallon right before starting 12/12.
the root bulbs were probably taking up 80% 1.5 gallon pot huge root growth.

Back
Top Bottom