Nutrient burn need help

FourTwoZero420

My medium is Sohum Soil just add water but my small clone seems to have nutrient burn, burnt tips on almost every leaf using a soil that i dont add nutrients to since its already all in the soil
I only add water how to i revive my clone from the nutrient burn?

Attachments

• 20190402_173021_HDR.jpg
    20190402_173021_HDR.jpg
    441.6 KB · Views: 67
The nutrient burn is minor. It will disappear as she grows and uses up the nutrients in the soil. When you up pot, use a less nutrient enhanced soil.

NOTE: The tips of the leaves she currently has will not recover. Just let her grow, and when the nutrients are used up, the new growth will be fine.

The nutrient burn is minor. It will disappear as she grows and uses up the nutrients in the soil. When you up pot, use a less nutrient enhanced soil.

NOTE: The tips of the leaves she currently has will not recover. Just let her grow, and when the nutrients are used up, the new growth will be fine.
So i will need to buy
I'd repot that into a minimum of a 5 gallon FABRIC pot, mix the hot soil in with some good organic soil with lots of aeration.
Get some oxygen to the roots.
I have cindy 99 growing in same soil but havent had any nutrient issues with it

So i will need to buy

I have cindy 99 growing in same soil but havent had any nutrient issues with it
Which doesn't mean anything, different strains have different requirements, some strains will grind down magnesium fast as you give it, others wont.
My basic point actually was it looks more like overwatering or soil that's a bit too tight than it does nutrient burn.
And fabric pots are just always better than plastic.

Thats what ill do when i do uppot for now I think im just gonna leave her be

Plants wont grind down Mg as fast as you feed it to them. That doesn't happen.

Here's why:

Molecular formula of Chlorophyll = C55H72O5N4Mg

See Mg at the end there. Only 1 Mg molecule. Green plants usually will have enough in the soil for a long while. You can over do Mg pretty easy.

Calcium is far more important.

Burnt tips... that's not much. I'd wait until she's got a good root system. Just water and wait n see. All my clones look like complete shit until they don't.

With my clones the plant starts to eat up the leaves to fuel root growth. Starts with yellow tips and progresses. Eventually the plants will get roots. When you start seeing lots of new growth then you know everything going to plan.

Those early fan leaves are gonna yellow and fall off. They will be the first to go. She's going to be fine.

Here's why:

See Mg at the end there. Only 1 Mg molecule. Green plants usually will have enough in the soil for a long while. You can over do Mg pretty easy.

Burnt tips... that's not much. I'd wait until she's got a good root system. Just water and wait n see. All my clones look like complete shit until they don't.

With my clones the plant starts to eat up the leaves to fuel root growth. Starts with yellow tips and progresses. Eventually the plants will get roots. When you start seeing lots of new growth then you know everything going to plan.

Those early fan leaves are gonna yellow and fall off. They will be the first to go. She's going to be fine.
This is what she did look like though...

Attachments

• 20190330_155646.jpg
    20190330_155646.jpg
    451.6 KB · Views: 48

Here's why:

I was being facetious, but the fact remains various strains require nutrients at different rates, and plants under different lights use nutrients at different rates.
So hard to compare one to another unless every thing is identical.

This is what she did look like though...

Looks OK to me. Maybe she needs some more roots and more soil.

All sorts of things happen when plants get root bound. Really has nothing to do with the soil except not enough room for the roots.

Back
Top Bottom