O.G. Kush Grow

warlord98

Alright everyone here we go. Started these seeds about 2 1/2 weeks back. They are reserva privada O.G. 18. I run a ebb type system with 12 sites. I only have one 1000 watt light at this time but should be adding 2 more at the time of flower.I'm using the sure to grow medium. Sensi grow a&b. I'll post pics and a little more on how I'm going to run this grow later. Keep an eye out for pics and additions. Any comments will be great.
:thumb:

Whats up warlord98 my friend and brother? I also have some Reserva Privada O.G.Kush #18 beans I am thinking of pooping. I would love to see how they are looking. How many weeks before you kick it to bud? How many weeks Flowering you think 9? I am waiting to see this grow. While not the L.A. version of O.G. as all claim I am sure it's gotta be a kicker.
+Rep Nice Beans

Hey there wingman. To be honest they look little. Sort of scared. My last grow witch was green house's the church went off a lot better. But who knows. I may not be paying as much attention this go round with work and all. Not that I wouldnt want to. I just put them under my 1000 watt. Took them out of my home made bubble bucket and into the ebb n grow. That may be why they look small. All in their own bucket. You asked about how long in veg and flower. I usually figure the height I am looking for at harvest and cut it in half. When I reach that half point I switch to flower but have found the breeders recommendation for flower is usually right. 9 weeks on this strain but I've heard it stretches a lot during flower. They talk of super cropping this strain to keep stretching issues to a minimum. From what I can find out super cropping involves bending the stalk of the plant to the point of breaking but not. You want to tear some of the fibers inside the branch or stalk so it cant stand straight. So it grows sideways i guess. Someone posted a you tube video on here with that cervantes guy and he explained it pretty good. I'll see if I can find it. Thanks for the response and when I finally figure out this picture thing I'll give a quick overview of my system and show my little ladies. If anyone else has attempted this strain and would like to add some input I'd be happy to listen.

quick update. All my girls are still alive but not establishing a root system very fast. I'm still waiting for some new growth. They seem to be in a lull as far as growing goes. Well see what happens and keep you posted.

Hello Warlord,

I am also growing the OG Kush #18. Popped my seeds seeds last week of August. They grew slowly at first then exploded around 3/4 weeks. The 4 plants on the outside are OG Kush #18
IMG00019-20101001-1211.jpg

This is about 4 and half weeks out of seed. They are in bubblers under a 400 watt metal halide. I hope yours will explode like mine did. I will be watching this thread to follow your OG Kushies. :popcorn:

CGs

Hey caregiver they look nice. Kinda makes me wonder if I'm doing something wrong. My little ladies are still just barely making it. Im going to post a few pics this week. Does anyone follow the grow journals? I think even though I'm running a hydro unit I should probably start a thread over there. Thanks for the pics I sure hope mine take off. I've noticed little root starts popping from the base of the stem and going to the medium.This means I'm on my way but slow going. Keep an eye out for my journal it will be called the same. (OG Kush Grow)

O.K. We have new growth.Finally we are on week 6. These babies are slow growing. Went down to check the kids this morning and everyone has new leaves. I'm trying to get some decent pics to post and as soon as I do they will be posted. (today or tomorrow)
Thanks for following along.

Here we go with pics. Sorry about the time frame if anyone was interested. I started a night shift at our local refinery.(shut downs are good for the pocket book).That's why I have been away.This grow has been exceptionally slow going so I hope this recent growth spurt says we're back to where we should be. You'll notice the growth I'm talking about.pics are mixed but you'll see. If any one has any comments good or bad I'd be happy to hear them.
og.231371
og.231369
og-growing-2nd-set-of-pics.231378
og-growing-2nd-set-of-pics.231379
og-growing-2nd-set-of-pics.231382
og-growing-2nd-set-of-pics.231383
og-kush-2nd-set-of-pics-10-2f18.231385
og-kush-2nd-set-of-pics-10-2f18.231386

Alright. I'm back from a short night shift and a week into flower. 8 more weeks and I should have some decent product. pics to come later today.:thumb:

Looking good so far my friend:goodluck:

As for looking little do not worry OG Kush is a sativa that will stretch like crazy!! These babies are waiting to explode so I am holding on brother. There is no need to super, fim, lst, hst, or other methods when growing hydroponic production using 1k lights. You are on your way:welldone:
Thanks for the answers.

+Rep

I have read that OG grows somewhat slow. I would very much like to try my hand at growing some of the OG strain from seed. I am growing Bubba right now and it stretches a lot in flowering. I supercropped one plant and LST the other. The Supercropped plant never really filled in like I hoped. Only week 2 of flower so it might still. The smoke of OG Kush is so good it is worth the extra time to grow this strain from regular seed and to be honest I am happy that they are selling the seeds for this strain. Everyone should be able to enjoy this strain, not just the people who live on the West Coast. Very heavy duty medicinal strain with a good high and a good complex flavor.

Is this grow still alive?

If so, please update us with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Smoke Report?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom