Odd bumps and curled leaves

Relilies

420 Member
Hey, everyone!
I'm new to growing. This is my first plant and the set up isnt ideal, but I'm trying to do all the steps correctly. As I mentioned, this is my first plant, and all was going smoothly up until this moment. I'm about 4/5 weeks into flowering, and the newer leaves of my plant have seemed to curl and not want to stretch. I thought this might be heat related, so I tried moving the lights. However, I've noticed now that the top leaves are bumpy and rough and seem to have little hairs? Does anyone know if this is a common PH problem? I just got a new feed (fox farms big bloom), but I can't think of anything else that may cause this besides low humidity as those are the only two factors that have changed. I did also make sure to feed it only half of the recommended. Additionally, I feel as if my plant (green crack strain) is taking awhile to flower. It's in soil and getting 12 hrs light and 12 dark. Thanks for any help!
IMG_20191010_211609.jpg
IMG_20191010_211556.jpg

Welcome to 420,Relilies :welcome:Glad to have you with us!

To me,The "puffiness" of the leaves says way too much water...
How often,and how much water is she getting?
No real damage done yet, just start letting the pot dry out all the way to the bottom before watering,and she'll be good as new in 4 or 5 days.
If the overwatering continues, the plant (and the yield) will definitely suffer.

@Emilya ,an extremely knowledgeable forum member, has prepared this tutorial on watering-if you do it this way,you can't go wrong: (and your plant will thank you for it)

Overwatering is one of the most common mistakes that new growers make...thankfully,it's also one of the easiest problems to fix-cannabis needs water to live,of course-just not as much as you might think...

Welcome to 420,Relilies :welcome:Glad to have you with us!

To me,The "puffiness" of the leaves says way too much water...
How often,and how much water is she getting?
No real damage done yet, just start letting the pot dry out all the way to the bottom before watering,and she'll be good as new in 4 or 5 days.
If the overwatering continues, the plant (and the yield) will definitely suffer.

@Emilya ,an extremely knowledgeable forum member, has prepared this tutorial on watering-if you do it this way,you can't go wrong: (and your plant will thank you for it)

Overwatering is one of the most common mistakes that new growers make...thankfully,it's also one of the easiest problems to fix-cannabis needs water to live,of course-just not as much as you might think...
Thanks for the help! I think I've been doing okay with watering up until this point, but I gave her a bit more than usual lately, so that would make sense! My plant is quite small for the strain, and I've noticed she has never needed much water; maybe these two things are related, but usually she'll only get about 1.5 qts every 3-4 days as the top soil stays wet until then. I'll definitely let the soil dry out between waterings!

Back
Top Bottom