OG Kush Auto: Deep Water Culture, DWC, 300W LED Journal

GreenGod4You

Hi everybody!

I'm back with another grow, this time back to my favourite way of growing, DWC! :cheer:

First the setup:

1 x OG Kush Auto from Dinafem
1 x 20l DWC bubbler
1 x Thermoelectric water chiller
1 x Budmaster 2 300w LED
1 x airpump with 2 outlets and 2 airstones
1 x oscillating fan
1 x tent (100cm x 100cm x 200cm)

Nutes:

Flora tripart series (Micro, bloom, grow)
Sensi -Cal Mag-
Botanicare Hydroguard
Powder Ton o Bud: Flowering Boost (NPK 0-49-32)
Advanced Silica

Extras:

Decided to contact a labratory this time to purchase my water. I have used RO before but never this pure H2O (literally 0 ppm). I bought 200 liters of it, lets see if it pays off.

We are starting day 6 since germination and current values in the tent are:

Temp: 27.5
Humidity: 48%
Water temp: 68f / 20c
EC: 0.4
PH: 6.0

For the first batch I have mixed only the tripart series + cal mag. I did 2l of calmag per liter of water and 2.5ml of bloom, grow and micro per 10 liters of water. Should be fine for this early on in the grow. In a couple of weeks I will be adding silica for better cell structure and from next week onwards hydroguard to prevent algae growth. :snowboating:

I'm currently using a 40w CFL as I don't see the point wasting electricity at this early stage of the plants life.

plant.jpg

The chiller installation to the bucket:

cooler.jpg

Setup, little messy:

setup.jpg

Wish me luck, super stoked to fill out my space. :bongrip:

I'll pop along on this one, bud! 1 plant DWC was something I've been contemplating so I'll watch yours before I decide to do it myself.
Looks good so far!

Thanks man!

I have always only done 1 plant in DWC because you can really max out your space with that and its easy to manage. I reckon this baby will fill up the whole tent once ready :).

How long are you planning on vegging? Are you planning a scrog?

Not planning to veg, as it is an autoflower it should go straight into flowering in a couple of weeks time, usually around week 3 - 4 pistils show :).

Not planning to SCROG either, I have noticed autos do so well on their own without training as you dont really have veg period to train them. Usually with Autos I nip the first few branches to eliminate popcorns. You can see in my completed journal in my signature how I do this.

Not planning to veg, as it is an autoflower it should go straight into flowering in a couple of weeks time, usually around week 3 - 4 pistils show :).

Not planning to SCROG either, I have noticed autos do so well on their own without training as you dont really have veg period to train them. Usually with Autos I nip the first few branches to eliminate popcorns. You can see in my completed journal in my signature how I do this.

I'm very silly. Despite my careful reading of your first post I somehow missed the fact that she's an auto. I used very little lst on my last run of autos but they grew huge so it was necessary!
I'm planning on putting six autos between two 3 gallon fabric pots next time around

I'm very silly. Despite my careful reading of your first post I somehow missed the fact that she's an auto. I used very little lst on my last run of autos but they grew huge so it was necessary!
I'm planning on putting six autos between two 3 gallon fabric pots next time around

That should be a nice sea of green! What space do you got planned for that?

That should be a nice sea of green! What space do you got planned for that?

Believe it or not I'm planning on using the same tent as I am now... I'm wanting to really push the limits of what such a small space can do so I can hopefully inspire other space-restricted growers

Believe it or not I'm planning on using the same tent as I am now... I'm wanting to really push the limits of what such a small space can do so I can hopefully inspire other space-restricted growers

That's going to be fine if you are making sure to try and focus only on main colas and remove popcorns early on. You should be able to grow some decent amount in that space. Let me know when it starts and I ll follow along :)

Hi guys!

Small update, first the stats:

Temp in tent: 27.8c
Water temp: 19c
EC: 0.4
PH: 5.7

Good news folks! I've spotted 6 roots emerging from multiple spots in the netpot, I think it is 9 days since seed germinated and was placed in the rockwool. This is more roots and more progress than I am used to at this stage, normally it takes at least 10+ days to see 1 tap root coming out, I have spotted many so this is great stuff!

Roots:

Root.jpg

Here is a photo of the plant and the bucket:

Plant1.JPG

Everything looking mighty fine! I will run this current batch of nutes for another 4 - 5 days until complete bucket change. I will use the CFL for another 2-3 days to let the roots fully get used to the nutes and bucket then I will switch on the Budmaster 2 G.O.D Edition.

We should start to see explosive growth in the next 1 - 3 weeks.

Over and out! :yummy:

I would highly recommend you try! Dinafem OG is one of my personal favorites!

Give it a go, thanks for following! :)
Ill def grab one. I just finished a Moby dick by dinafem and she was nice

Ill def grab one. I just finished a Moby dick by dinafem and she was nice

Yeah glad you liked that one, I enjoyed both the smoke as well as the plant and growth process of Moby Dick. I have always been super happy with everything coming from Dinafem. I recenly picked up their cookies autoflowering (OG Kush x Girls scout cookies - if I remember correctly). I will probably run that one after this, seems like a cool cross and beautiful plant.

Yeah glad you liked that one, I enjoyed both the smoke as well as the plant and growth process of Moby Dick. I have always been super happy with everything coming from Dinafem. I recenly picked up their cookies autoflowering (OG Kush x Girls scout cookies - if I remember correctly). I will probably run that one after this, seems like a cool cross and beautiful plant.
Ill be watching that journal too if you write one up. I've got some critical auto on the way but if like to get some of their white widow xxl or amnesia haze xxl

Back
Top Bottom