OG Kush: The Infamous, The Powerful, The Happy

RedZedHead

Welcome to another RedZed Review of a strain! In which I will get so much higher than I usually do, then type what I feel for your entertainment and ... maybe knowledge? If you want? :rofl: Enjoy!
This is my third strain review. If you would like to read my Apple Jack review or my Purple Napalm review, they are linked accordingly.
There are a few things that are different from my last two strain reviews. I'll be consuming OG kush in a machine rolled RAW 1 1/4 with a gummed tip, instead of my bong. I was having too much trouble consuming 100% cannabis in the bong because I couldn't stop :cough::roorrip::cough:
If you know me, you know I never consume cannabis 100%, I always numb it with tobacco or CBD flower. except for strain reviews!
Here's what leafly has to say about OG Kush

OG Kush was first cultivated in Florida, in the early ‘90s when a strain from Northern California was crossed with a Hindu Kush plant from Amsterdam. The result was a hybrid with a unique terpene profile that boasts a complex aroma with notes of fuel, skunk, and spice.

The genetic backbone of West Coast cannabis varieties, OG Kush arrived in Los Angeles in 1996 when Matt “Bubba” Berger brought it (along with “The Bubba,” which was later used to create the famed Bubba Kush) from Florida to legendary cultivator Josh D. Since then, OG Kush has become a worldwide staple used to create numerous famous strains like GSC and Headband. There are many different phenotypes of OG Kush, including Tahoe OG, SFV OG, and Ghost OG.
1590842402177.png

First impression: I've heard a lot about this strain. It's very popular, but I have never smoked it. I know it used to be B-Real's Favorite strain. It looks dank. I can't wait to try it.
Bud smell: fruit and sweet. almost like candy. but it also has a musty touch to it. one of the better smelling strains. maybe better than apple jack! This contradicts Leafly's description of fuel, skunk, and spice. however, I can still see how the skunk and spice smells are present in this strain.
Bud appearance:
here's a pic from leafly
1590842777192.png

Here's a picture of my OG Kush

something to note: I don't close up my machine rolled raw 1 1/4's. they're too skinny so I leave the end open like a cigarette. it looks exactly like one, so they're great for stealth smoking.

Something else to note: in my past reviews, I hadn't consumed any cannabinoids that day yet. I have today, but only to get me through work :rofl: I'll still give an honest and detailed review. :thumb:
here's my roller, some of you might have one.
1590843034117.png

First hit: Now I see where leafly was getting that description from. the flavor profile! it tastes like sweet and skunky gas on the first hit
half joint: now the flavor is pure spice and gas. still sweet and skunky, but mostly spice and "fuel" according to leafly.
The high: I thought this strain was going to bring me to the couch! that's just what it sounded like, ya know? I just worked for 3 hours and I was ready to go to bed, now I'm ready to make a cake and say "high!" to the new college student neighbors on my street (maybe the basketball girls across the street). :idea::cool: Oh wait, it's 8 am on a Saturday, chances are they'll sleep till 11. :rofl:
end of joint: I am feeling more euphoric than I was at the beginning. how do you spell beginning? help me out Grammarly. :rofl: the taste is a tasty spicey roach now, and it's burning slow and hot as I type. Leafly described munchies as being a side effect. My response::thumb:
I have a snickers bar and an apple spice muffin on stand by
The end of the roach tastes like pure gas.
I enjoyed this a lot. I hope you did too. Time to enjoy my food in the sun!
That's all folks! Thanks for reading.
Grow on Blaze on! :blunt:

Welcome to another RedZed Review of a strain! In which I will get so much higher than I usually do, then type what I feel for your entertainment and ... maybe knowledge? If you want? :rofl: Enjoy!
This is my third strain review. If you would like to read my Apple Jack review or my Purple Napalm review, they are linked accordingly.
There are a few things that are different from my last two strain reviews. I'll be consuming OG kush in a machine rolled RAW 1 1/4 with a gummed tip, instead of my bong. I was having too much trouble consuming 100% cannabis in the bong because I couldn't stop :cough::roorrip::cough:
If you know me, you know I never consume cannabis 100%, I always numb it with tobacco or CBD flower. except for strain reviews!
Here's what leafly has to say about OG Kush

OG Kush was first cultivated in Florida, in the early ‘90s when a strain from Northern California was crossed with a Hindu Kush plant from Amsterdam. The result was a hybrid with a unique terpene profile that boasts a complex aroma with notes of fuel, skunk, and spice.

The genetic backbone of West Coast cannabis varieties, OG Kush arrived in Los Angeles in 1996 when Matt “Bubba” Berger brought it (along with “The Bubba,” which was later used to create the famed Bubba Kush) from Florida to legendary cultivator Josh D. Since then, OG Kush has become a worldwide staple used to create numerous famous strains like GSC and Headband. There are many different phenotypes of OG Kush, including Tahoe OG, SFV OG, and Ghost OG.
1590842402177.png

First impression: I've heard a lot about this strain. It's very popular, but I have never smoked it. I know it used to be B-Real's Favorite strain. It looks dank. I can't wait to try it.
Bud smell: fruit and sweet. almost like candy. but it also has a musty touch to it. one of the better smelling strains. maybe better than apple jack! This contradicts Leafly's description of fuel, skunk, and spice. however, I can still see how the skunk and spice smells are present in this strain.
Bud appearance:
here's a pic from leafly
1590842777192.png

Here's a picture of my OG Kush

something to note: I don't close up my machine rolled raw 1 1/4's. they're too skinny so I leave the end open like a cigarette. it looks exactly like one, so they're great for stealth smoking.

Something else to note: in my past reviews, I hadn't consumed any cannabinoids that day yet. I have today, but only to get me through work :rofl: I'll still give an honest and detailed review. :thumb:
here's my roller, some of you might have one.
1590843034117.png

First hit: Now I see where leafly was getting that description from. the flavor profile! it tastes like sweet and skunky gas on the first hit
half joint: now the flavor is pure spice and gas. still sweet and skunky, but mostly spice and "fuel" according to leafly.
The high: I thought this strain was going to bring me to the couch! that's just what it sounded like, ya know? I just worked for 3 hours and I was ready to go to bed, now I'm ready to make a cake and say "high!" to the new college student neighbors on my street (maybe the basketball girls across the street). :idea::cool: Oh wait, it's 8 am on a Saturday, chances are they'll sleep till 11. :rofl:
end of joint: I am feeling more euphoric than I was at the beginning. how do you spell beginning? help me out Grammarly. :rofl: the taste is a tasty spicey roach now, and it's burning slow and hot as I type. Leafly described munchies as being a side effect. My response::thumb:
I have a snickers bar and an apple spice muffin on stand by
The end of the roach tastes like pure gas.
I enjoyed this a lot. I hope you did too. Time to enjoy my food in the sun!
That's all folks! Thanks for reading.
Grow on Blaze on! :blunt:
Great review. Thanks

I'm still laughing over the combination of a Snickers Bar, Muffin and Sunshine..:rofl: When I self prepare for the munchies I need to have two basic stand by's at the ready.. A pitcher of Ice cold cherry flavor Koolaid, and a large bag of Nacho Cheese flavored Doritio's, couch locked with a long music playlist and headphones on..
If I'm feeling creative and have all the ingredients I don't care what time of night it is.. I've been known to raise, knead and bake crusty hot bread at 2:00 AM trying to satisfy an urge/craving.. Pan Pizza for sure is one of my favorite night time projects, as are Philly steak sandwiches, and deep fried Beef and Bean burrito's. If Its a sweet tooth thing needs satisfying home made caramel corn, or chocolate/peanut butter raisin oatmeal no bake cookies satisfy that craving..

Attachments

• HPIM6466.JPG
    HPIM6466.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 297
One of my favorite strains of all time, reminds me of the early days of REALLY good new weed in CA. But...I have bought seeds from several suppliers, all claiming to be THE OG Kush. Every one was decent but different and NONE of them taste like it did in the early 2000s. Hoping to find that real one someday. The ChemDawg I just harvested is one of the closest (smell wise) that I have got to it in recent memory. Thanks for the review, good stuff!

Back
Top Bottom