Old Guy, New Here

Semi dry? What mean?
What I meant by that was, that it's dry enough to pull and put into jars. The rest of the little leaves will feel crunchy, but when squeezed, the buds will feel moist. That way the blades only catch the dry stuff and don't tear it up :thumb:

Yeah it will :hmmmm: if you trim it wet, or moist :thumb: I pull the bigger fan leaves off and let the rest hang for 5 to 7 days, then I snip the buds from the branches and put it in semi dry (Makes a difference) and I don't have a problem...

I just did 9.5 hrs straight hand trimming. If I could figure away to get that trimmer to work with out murdering my buds id do it . Just breaks my heart using that bowl killer.

I just did 9.5 hrs straight hand trimming. If I could figure away to get that trimmer to work with out murdering my buds id do it . Just breaks my heart using that bowl killer.
If I'm trimming my Zkittles, which has fist size buds, I put a chopstick on each side between the lid and the bowl...it raises the rubber "fingers" so it doesn't press so hard on them...they should make a spacer to adjust the height of those tines

If I'm trimming my Zkittles, which has fist size buds, I put a chopstick on each side between the lid and the bowl...it raises the rubber "fingers" so it doesn't press so hard on them...they should make a spacer to adjust the height of those tines
Thats brilliant. If its not crushing them into the screen it should be gentler.
I'm going to try that next month. Because dam its a lot of work. :thumb: :peace:

Thats brilliant. If its not crushing them into the screen it should be gentler.
I'm going to try that next month. Because dam its a lot of work. :thumb: :peace:
Yes sir, it is :passitleft:that's why I got it, and "made it work" :rofl: because of the perpetual garden I run, I have to trim about 8 to 16 ounces about every 3 weeks

Yes sir, it is :passitleft:that's why I got it, and "made it work" :rofl: because of the perpetual garden I run, I have to trim about 8 to 16 ounces about every 3 weeks
I do 16 zips on a bad month. I've got all sorts of health problems. Sitting trimming for 8-16 straight is freeken killing me. Thanks for the tip man I really appreciate it. :peace:

I broke down and bought that same hand crank trimmer. After spending almost a week trimming one monster plant I decided to get it. What a time saver. It works well. I also bought a hanging tiered netting to dry in it pretty big and about 6 tier's. I can dry about a pound of bud in it.

Back
Top Bottom