Oldie newbie

Welcome, @Mugwump! :welcome:

Another 60-something grower here and I always root for the older folks. Don't hesitate to call on me if you need some advice on doing things the "geriactric" way! :Rasta:

BTW, if those are autos they'd be better served with 19 or 20 hours of daylight rather than just 18, in my opinion.

Just an update taking on advice from you lot ! I've given the plants 18/6 light regime.
And copious reading on here and Bobs your uncle! Ha ha .
They've come on well in the last week but wondering as they are auto's should I top them to increase growth? Or just try a couple only. Would be good to get more than expected!

As things need to be as low key as poss in the house. I made my own grow room out of square interlock foil backed insulation pads used for under flooring ( had a few spare)
So with a tray of water and a small fan seems to have done the trick! If all works OK just big enough to house 5 at this point.

Thoughts on the back of an envelope would be appreciated!
Regarding the topping. Personally I wouldn't , not until you have everything dialled in and the plants are happy. Topping them may slow their development, if they are not 100% in a happy environment. It is commonly done, but the less stress on your plants the better; I would say..

Regarding the topping. Personally I wouldn't , not until you have everything dialled in and the plants are happy. Topping them may slow their development, if they are not 100% in a happy environment. It is commonly done, but the less stress on your plants the better; I would say..
Thanks they've come on well last couple of weeks, I'll give them a bit longer, couple of stragglers so was leaving them anyways!

Well limited success first time around! (Auto Banana kush) lighting was wrong they got a bit leggy so yield wasn't brilliant! I've got better lights full spectrum etc. Need bigger pots anorl! Got about 8 grams including leaves 3 plants ( waste not want not lol) buds were rubbish in size.
Taste good mind! First time I've tried Bud, different!
Onwards and higher
Got some more ready, once I've sorted better equipment.
Which will be a few weeks as I'm off to hospital for an op Monday in a delicate area which excludes lifting bending and general everything really for a couple of weeks! Hoping to be waited on hand and foot but not holding my breath knowing my missus! Ha ha ..ouch !

Back
Top Bottom