Oldie newbie

Hi just found the site looks great! Lots to learn had limited success over past year growing my own. So hopefully better success! I'm in my '60's and found the medicinal use very helpful! I'm in UK
Welcome to 420magazine my friend. :welcome:
Bill

What's happening @Mugwump

Are you lurking and learning, or possibly ready to start?

What type of grow are you interested in? Soil or maybe Hydro?

Was your last attempt inside or outside?

Do you have anything growing currently?

Stay safe, and grow well m8,

Tok.. :bong:
Lurking, learning!
Growing an auto Bananas Cush Cake it's new from Netherlands.
First grew my own a year ago went ok no flowers but I'm old school never occurred to use flowers lol so that parts new!
Tried a different one a while ago total crap, no idea why. I've lights etc I put it down to wrong time of year!

But already picking up some tips n tricks in here.
Their (5) about 4" potted on today looking fine.
Trying to remember how old they are 3-4 weeks ish took a while to
germinate. I've had them under lights blue/ red worked well before. And outside on warm sunny days. But I'm thinking it's time for darkness! Reading in here!

Darker green than the camera shows! I've got them in back room no light as of today! Having been outside in the sun a few hours prior to rain as I've just repotted. Roots are good

PXL_20210522_170407150.jpg

Howdy do and welcome

You will be well looked after on this site. Don't be afraid to ask any questions, no matter how insignificant they seem. We all started at the begining. Help is always available and it's always delivered in a friendly, caring manner. Looking forward to watching your plants grow.

Take care, fellow UK grower.
See you around

Howdy do and welcome

You will be well looked after on this site. Don't be afraid to ask any questions, no matter how insignificant they seem. We all started at the begining. Help is always available and it's always delivered in a friendly, caring manner. Looking forward to watching your plants grow.

Take care, fellow UK grower.
See you around
Learnt a fair bit already!

@Mugwump
I will suggest one thing. I wouldn't keep putting them outside.
Our UK weather is not optimal for their development at the moment. The temperature differences between indoor and outdoor will shock your plants and slow their growth. You should really be keeping the temperature as stable as possible at that age and your lighting regime should be the same from day to day...plus, you run a greater risk of bringing pests/insects into your grow space.

@Mugwump
I will suggest one thing. I wouldn't keep putting them outside.
Our UK weather is not optimal for their development at the moment. The temperature differences between indoor and outdoor will shock your plants and slow their growth. You should really be keeping the temperature as stable as possible at that age and your lighting regime should be the same from day to day...plus, you run a greater risk of bringing pests/insects into your grow space.
Yeah was thinking that especially re insects lol ! Having read a bit more I don't think I was giving them enough " night time" . This morning I could see a difference after 12 hrs darkness! So their now under grow lights indoors, well bottom half of my garage was an office so insulated well! Thanks

insects are a pain.
I would give them more light than that. 18 on 6 off is a general rule. You can even give them more than that. But 18/6 is the norm.. saying these are autos, you want as much light as possible, as they only have a limited life span.
If they were of a photoperiod type. Giving them 12 hours of darkness would force them into flower prematurely..
Keep reading through the journals on here . It will all click into place ..

insects are a pain.
I would give them more light than that. 18 on 6 off is a general rule. You can even give them more than that. But 18/6 is the norm.. saying these are autos, you want as much light as possible, as they only have a limited life span.
If they were of a photoperiod type. Giving them 12 hours of darkness would force them into flower prematurely..
Keep reading through the journals on here . It will all klick into place ..
Ok will do ta!

Just an update taking on advice from you lot ! I've given the plants 18/6 light regime.
And copious reading on here and Bobs your uncle! Ha ha .
They've come on well in the last week but wondering as they are auto's should I top them to increase growth? Or just try a couple only. Would be good to get more than expected!

As things need to be as low key as poss in the house. I made my own grow room out of square interlock foil backed insulation pads used for under flooring ( had a few spare)
So with a tray of water and a small fan seems to have done the trick! If all works OK just big enough to house 5 at this point.

Thoughts on the back of an envelope would be appreciated!

Hi just found the site looks great! Lots to learn had limited success over past year growing my own. So hopefully better success! I'm in my '60's and found the medicinal use very helpful! I'm in UK
I couldn’t agree more! I’m in my 60’s and also find cannabis helpful. Enjoy the site. Lotsa helpful people on here.

Back
Top Bottom