New member in New Jersey zone 7A

The CBD plants should be easy to identify....in 4 months or so... :cheesygrinsmiley:
I've mixed seeds up before..I hate that...

Thank, Carcass. The CBD are autoflower, & BD is feminized. I'm guessing the CBDs will flower first.

Note to self: when using double-cup method, name/number both inner & outer cups, not just the outer cups.

On another note, I'm worried my backyard grow may run out of time when cold weather comes, my plants being just a week old now. Average first frost date is October 15 for my area.

What do y'all old pros think? I'm cutting it close or will I be ok?

Probably cutting it close, but not because you're just starting. Rather a photoperiod will only start flowering outdoors after the nights start getting long enough to trigger flower. In the northern hemisphere days are still getting longer until the summer solstice in a couple of weeks so nights are still getting shorter.

You can check a weather app for your area, but once the nights get to around 10.5 hours, probably August (?) the that will trigger the plant to start to flower over the subsequent weeks and then you typically need 8-10 weeks from that point for them to finish.

So, the question really is, how big can you get them before that trigger happens, and can you keep them mold free long enough for them to finish?

Indoors, we often veg for between 4-8 weeks depending on how much space we have before we artificially flip them to flower, and you've got probably 6-8 weeks depending on where you are.

Come check out #SIP Club for a way to get bigger, healthier, happier plants if you plan to grow in containers. If you're going to plant them in the ground, then their size will largely depend on the quality of your soil and what you plan to feed them.

Edit: I just went back and looked, you're in NJ and plan on putting them in raised beds in organic soil. So, keeping them mold-free is likely going to be your challenge as the nights get cooler and wetter.

Wow, thanks a lot for that nice post, Azimuth! I'll read and re-read until fully digested. You also got me thinking about solstices in a more rounded way now and of itself, that's gold.

Being just 10 days old, my plants are still skinny little matchsticks just starting to show their second set of true leaves. But they're little troopers. I'm exposing them to more sun every day, and today they got 5.5 hrs of direct sun and they seem unfazed.

I'll check out the SIP site and see if I can turbo their growth without causing damage. I'd like to get them to about 6" before I take them off the backyard table and set them in ground, which I'll be amending with year-old composted horse manure, composted leaves, homemade seaweed fertilizer, fish emulsion, & other such goodies.

Back
Top Bottom