New member in New Jersey zone 7A

High Grade

420 Member
Hi all, I'm new to growing but not smoking. Drew the herb in the late 70's thru early 90's then stopped entirely. Now I'll be trying to grow just a couple of plants in my veggie backyard (Blueberry CBD for my wife's insomnia & chronic neck pain from a car accident, and Blue Dream for a buzz of my own). Seeds should arrive by end of week. So I'm a rank newbie grower hoping y'all will help make my growing mission a success. Good to be here.

:welcome: welcome to 420 mate you'll never be short of help here! If you Look at the journal section you can gain great knowledge by following some interesting grows and asking questions.. you could also start your own journal which makes it easier for the gurus here to flick through and give you more accurate advice.

Happy growing ✌🏽

Hi all, I'm new to growing but not smoking. Drew the herb in the late 70's thru early 90's then stopped entirely. Now I'll be trying to grow just a couple of plants in my veggie backyard (Blueberry CBD for my wife's insomnia & chronic neck pain from a car accident, and Blue Dream for a buzz of my own). Seeds should arrive by end of week. So I'm a rank newbie grower hoping y'all will help make my growing mission a success. Good to be here.
Welcome to 420Magazine my friend. :welcome:
Looking forward to seeing your garden.
Take care. :passitleft:

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 😎

Welcome to 420 Magazine @High Grade

Will you be growing all your plants outdoors?
If you start a grow journal you will be able to track you progress, and easily get help if you need it.

Here's some helpful info.

Welcome New Members - Please Read Before Posting

Here is some information if you would like to start a a grow journal How to Make a Grow Journal

If you want to see want other growers are doing, here's that link. This is where you place your journal.

Journals in Progress

Current and Ongoing
www.420magazine.com

And, after you have over 50 posts you can vote and enter our contest to win free grow stuff from our sponsors.

420 Contests
Win Cool 420 Prizes
www.420magazine.com

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok..

Are you planning on pots, or in the ground? Organic or chemicals?

Watering properly is going to be your first learning hurdle since maximizing a cannabis harvest takes special attention to when and how much you water.

Thanks for the welcome, y'all.

I'll prob grow them like my veggies and use specific tips from you guys to help the gals thrive, even tho I'm a bit late. Better late than wait till next year tho.
How bout some high grade?
I do not think you are that late.

Are you planning on pots, or in the ground? Organic or chemicals?

Watering properly is going to be your first learning hurdle since maximizing a cannabis harvest takes special attention to when and how much you water.
In the ground in raised beds with a lot of well composted organic material, right between a few tomatoes. With my vegs, I typically use 5-1-1 fish emulsion, which I alternate with some Jack's 20-20-20 water solubles or 14-14-14 slow release pellets. Also some kelp liquid.

Raised beds are fairly forgiving of overwatering so hopefully it'll be the same with the weed.

Azimuth, please let me know any specific watering advice you can share per your statement, and when in particular that becomes critical. Thanks!

I do not think you are that late.
I'm starting to think you may be right, especially with how low the night temps have been these past few nights, upper 40's. I figure by the time these gals gain some size in the next week or 2, it'll be perfect tomato weather. Hopefully we don't get all those 100 degree days like last year tho.

As with my veggies, my main concern is bugs that like to chew, whether new leaf growth or roots, etc.. I usually use soapy water and other non-chemical means with modest success.

Yard is fenced so no prob with deer and such.

Regardless, this will be an interesting learning experience. Hopefully I don't fall flat on my face haha.

Azimuth, please let me know any specific watering advice you can share per your statement, and when in particular that becomes critical. Thanks!
Most of it applies to watering in pots. With those you can let them dry out between soakings, or use extra layers of perlite in between your soil layers, grow in SIPs or Swicks, etc.

But outside in the ground probably treat them like you do your tomatoes.

Welcome to the family.
If you want to know about anything you're definitely in the right place.
Anything and everything you want to know is in this platform somewhere. I just came in here a few days ago and I'm impressed with the amount of knowledge and influence here.
If at first you don't succeed drop another seed.
Good luck and massive harvest to you 💚

I don’t know if this is outdoors or indoors? I’ve only grown indoors, so all I can say. Is enjoy the process. Learn to read the plant, it’ll tell you what it needs. The effort you put in you will reap in the end.
have fun and welcome!!

Looking forward to seeing what you kind of grow you got in mind! I’m purely hydroponic, If I can be of assistance, let me know and consider me subscribed! You have SO many years of experience lurking these halls that are all willing to lend a hand, and sincerely want to see and be part of your success!
Bring it on!👍🏼

Looking forward to seeing what you kind of grow you got in mind! I’m purely hydroponic, If I can be of assistance, let me know and consider me subscribed! You have SO many years of experience lurking these halls that are all willing to lend a hand, and sincerely want to see and be part of your success!
Bring it on!👍🏼
I’m to nervous to switch. I started will soul and feel comfortable with it. I have heard of th benefits from doing hydroponics but maybe later in life

I’m to nervous to switch. I started will soul and feel comfortable with it. I have heard of th benefits from doing hydroponics but maybe later in life
You grow the way you’re comfortable with! Cannabis loves diversity and face it. Hydroponics add a few challenges to the mix. I’m like you-but reversed. Not sure if I can grow any other way, but just last week, I took a mother I had potted with coco (the only one I have) and flipped her into flower. I’m anxious to see the identical strain growing alongside one another while growing in two different mediums.

Back
Top Bottom