One Gram per Day

Rajablue

420 Member
How was it decided that one gram per day is what is needed to fight cancer. It seems that Rick Simpson declared that the dose of one gram cures cancer and everyone has followed suit but why one gram?

Can’t answer that one but…… it takes a lot of weed to make oil, tossing a seed into soil and adding water does not guarantee a plant or a successful harvest. Plus if you harvest a pound of fresh buds that dries and cures out to 1/4 pound of finished product.

But you may be better served by reading in the medical section look for articles by Cajun Celt, 420 Motoco and Sweet Sue here is one link Cancer healing

here is link for making concentrated cannabis oil CCO tutorial

How was it decided that one gram per day is what is needed to fight cancer. It seems that Rick Simpson declared that the dose of one gram cures cancer and everyone has followed suit but why one gram?
Hi Raja.... welcome to the forum. :welcome:

Since Rick was forging new ground and no one had any idea what the dosage would be, you have to start somewhere. I do the same thing with some of my fermenting concoctions, I just assume the dosage to be 1 tablespoon per gallon at the end and then go from there after seeing the results. Rick picking a gram was probably just one of those things and as he distilled down a plant, saw how much oil resulted, divided that by 30 days, he determined that 1 gram looked to be the right amount.

Rick probably first made a wild guess and found that it worked. Its amazing how often those guesses we all make turn out to be correct. Good for Rick. I seem to remember that he cured his Dad's lung cancer with that guess.

Mmm this sounds pretty fresh on the idea page :green_heart:

Oil is super concentrated tho...

It was many years ago when their was fashion of getting you medical herb tested for THC, CBD, CBN etc along with the rest back in the early days of American states decriminalizing cannabis for medical use with the opening of medical dispensaries.

Some guy tested his oil with results showing 80% THC.

Tacking I think they called it a starter dose was like having half the size of a grain of rice.

But things have moved on lots since then :thumb:

There really haven't been many (any?) conclusive peer reviewed double blind studies on Rick's Oil. While there is some anectdotal evidence that the oil and cannabis extracts may slow the progression of cancer cells in mice there are also conflicting results. In any case, I would not stop traditional cancer treatment, but use the oil to supplement traditional treatment.

Mmmm oil... budder is good for baking. I actually prefer budder. I dont like the taste of the oil and some folks get stomach issues with daily dose of oil in caps.

You can overdue just about everything .... I've found that to be true. lol

Cookies with like 600mg of thc. Oh yeah get me to Wobbly McWobblson aka The Wobbler.
Gotta take a break and watch your step and no driving or heavy lifting.

Mmm this sounds pretty fresh on the idea page :green_heart:

Oil is super concentrated tho...

It was many years ago when their was fashion of getting you medical herb tested for THC, CBD, CBN etc along with the rest back in the early days of American states decriminalizing cannabis for medical use with the opening of medical dispensaries.

Some guy tested his oil with results showing 80% THC.

Tacking I think they called it a starter dose was like having half the size of a grain of rice.

But things have moved on lots since then :thumb:
The starter dosages were so that the patient could acclimate to the massive amount of thc coming at them and get used to it. 1 gm right at first would probably knock a new patient right out and it has been my experience that first timers don't like getting that high first time out.. it can completely scare them away.

I don’t know the history of a gram for Mr. Simpson, but someone told me once that a cardiologist came up with the Max Heart Rate (220-age etc) on a plane heading to a cardiology conference because it ‘seemed’ to make sense. Now everyone screams at me when my heart rate goes above 180. A lot of this stuff we call science starts at licking a finger and testing the wind, then adjusting for very important things like @Emilya mentioned like the patient’s experience. Doesn’t matter how good the medicine if the patient is too afraid to use it. I’ve grown for years to provide my wife’s medicine, and we’ve learned the above the absolute hard way…

The tacking protocol was to apply the rso directly to the dimples in your gum line above or below your teeth. The idea was to eat a meal or fatty snack about 20 minutes before the tacking dose and to dry that area and apply the tack to the dimples so it would stick and deliver meds slowly throughout the day. With proper tacking it was claimed that you would not get high unless you did sloppy tacking and swallowed the dose.

Back
Top Bottom