Only Way To Afford Pot Is To Grow Own

The brother of a man who had dozens of marijuana plants growing in his house said his brother was growing the pot because it's the only way people can afford to smoke during the bad economy.

Deputies broke through the door of a house on South Fork Ranch Road in Clermont (see map) and arrested Dan Urban on charges of drug trafficking and cultivation of marijuana.

His brother Mike was forthcoming about why he thought the pot was there.

"If you smoke pot, you've gotta grow pot or else it's $400 an ounce to buy it," Mike Urban said.

But Urban doesn't think his brother should be in trouble for having the marijuana. He claims deputies raided the house without a valid search warrant.

"They are... the same as criminals to go break into your house without going through time of getting a search warrant," said Urban.

The Lake County Sheriff's Office did get a search warrant, but not until 5pm. That's four hours after Urban says deputies cut the lock on the gate and barged in the house. When he asked for a warrant, he says deputies backed off.

"And then they were saying they walked up and smelled it, but his house is a thousand yards back there. How you gonna smell it from here?" asked Urban.

A sheriff's office spokesman says deputies were watching Daniel Urban's house for a week. After getting the warrants, they seized 160 pot plants and 32 guns from that house and another.

Even if Dan Urban gets off on a technicality, Mike Urban says the habit is not worth the risk.

"He should be in California where it's legal," said Mike Urban.

Dan Urban would not comment on the case.

News Hawk- Ganjarden 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: WFTV.com
Copyright: 2008, WFTV.

Damn 160 plants 32 guns no wander he got busted. I mean it sucks that he got busted in a perfect world weed would not be a crime. Hopefully it will get thrown out of court with all the warrant BS. I have to say 160plants it obvious that he wasn't growing just for himself. Sucks for him should have kept it more mellow.:peace:

But Urban doesn't think his brother should be in trouble for having the marijuana. He claims deputies raided the house without a valid search warrant.

The Lake County Sheriff's Office did get a search warrant, four hours after Urban says deputies cut the lock on the gate and barged in the house. When he asked for a warrant, he says deputies backed off.

"And then they were saying they walked up and smelled it, but his house is a thousand yards back there. How you gonna smell it from here?" asked Urban.

"He should be in California where it's legal," said Mike Urban.

Those Florida cops are so good they can smell weed growing in California - it's the training.

I hate to break it to you guys, but I can smell a good joint being rolled 20-30 meters away. I could definitely smell hundreds of plants growing a hundred meters away when they're starting to get skunky. Hell, coming out of a Bob Dylan concert I could smell the heavy odor of the stuff off this guy. He laughed, said he grew, and gave me and my then girl about a free ounce saying he had plenty more growing at home. I've always had a talent for smelling it. I don't know why, but my friends say I've got the nose of a dog when it comes to weed. Must be because my mom always smoked it.

hey wordsworm perhaps you have some sort of synesthesthia. wouldn't that be cool
One person I have heard about can actually smell music.

I don't have synethesia. I am good at two things really: smelling pot and using my imagination with words as my vehicle. I'm pretty good at burning bridges as well.

hey wordsworm perhaps you have some sort of synesthesthia. wouldn't that be cool
One person I have heard about can actually smell music.

I've done things in my past that gave me that ability :) Thats was a life time ago though.

Back
Top Bottom